View Poll Results: Was Reagan a fiscal-small government conservative?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Because...

    38 38.78%
  • No, Because...

    60 61.22%
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 331 to 337 of 337

Thread: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

  1. #331
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the bigger joke was your lame effort to ignore the factual content of his post
    You mean the factual ERRORS, half-truths and lies?
    Yes, I ignored then, and reasonably so.

  2. #332
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,154

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You mean the factual ERRORS, half-truths and lies?
    Yes, I ignored then, and reasonably so.
    of course you did, being without the ability to actually refute them
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #333
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Regicollis;1058692084]I never claimed that there was not an economic decline. Reagan just used it as an excuse to slash public services.
    What public services did Reagan slash? Your ignorance is showing. By the way if people keep more of what they need what public services do they really need that aren't being funded by use taxes

    Told by the evil communists at the Labour Statistics Bureau?
    think it is the role of govt. to regulate wages? Most of the so called wage decline was reversed from 1984 on but then again you ignore that. Plus people kept more of what they earned.

    Unemployment was lower during the Carter years.
    Unemployment was rising when Reagan took office and he reversed it. Keep ignoring the election of 1984. What did the majority know that your history books arent telling you.

    Next time, couldn't you use a less common fallback strategy than blaming the predecessor?
    The fallback strategy that you claim I use was actual history, you know, the subject you never took.

    The rich got most out of the tax cuts. We all know that.
    The rich pay most of the taxes so why shouldn' they? You know, I really don't care how much you make so why do you care how much the rich make, they didn't take it from you.

    A lot of middle class tax payers ended up paying more taxes because the AMT removed many deductions.
    Yet Reagan won in a landslide and so did GHW Bush. Wonder why?



    So because Reagan was re-elected his policies were sound? Does that mean that you consider the New Deal to be sound because the American people re-elected FDR three times?
    People vote their pocket books and Reagan policies proved to be sound. FDR played on people's fears and won based upon those fears. His economic policies prolonged the depression.


    Then it is good that I have you to provide me with the truth fresh out of the best neo-conservative think thanks.
    Those so called links reference bea.gov, bls.gov so if you have a better site for non partisan data, please provide it.


    I have actually read a fair deal of constitutions, including the American. But I fail to see what that has to do with anything. We are having a political argument, not a legal one.
    You obviously don't read very well, try again. The role of the American Govt as defined in that Constitution.



    Your statements of opinion does not become more convincing because you are using the Caps Lock key
    Using the cap lock highlights the words PROVIDE and PROMOTE. Do you know the difference?


    Interesting opinion. But tell my why that is what is "intended". Who intended it? Government should be organised according to the will of the people, not as a museum of legal history. Times change, and so should government.
    the will of the people? Almost 50% of the people in this country paid no Federal Income taxes last year. It is the will of those that do not pay to tax those that do more. Those are people just like you that don't know the Constitution or the role of govt.


    Why do you participate in a debate forum if debate is not what you want?
    Glenn Beck has a new book out Arguing with Idiots. That describes debate in this forum

  4. #334
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    of course you did, being without the ability to actually refute them
    Hardly.

    and it shows that all republicans give us debt and grow thew government more than the democrats do.
    Half-truth, lie.
    All Dems give is debt.
    Every Dem grew government more than his GOP predecessor.

    Every republicans gave us debt, every republican gives us bigger government, every republican gives us inflation, deficits...
    half-truth
    Same can be said for every Dem.

    and a need for another financial bale out of fat cats by the government
    Lie, half-truth
    Not ever GOP predeisent had a 'bail-out of the a the fat cats'
    Dems President have 'bailed out the fat-cats'.

    Republicans cause the country it's financial problems.
    This is either a lie or factual error rooted in ignorance -either way, it cannot be proven true.

    Obama will be a pypical democrat and give us less debt than a republican would.
    At this point, The Obama has given us more debt that RWR, and debt exceeding exceeded the total deficts under GWB.
    So, This is either a lie or a factual error rooted in ignorance -either way, it cannot be proven true.

    And so, my original response stands.


  5. #335
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,154

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Hardly.


    Half-truth, lie.
    All Dems give is debt.
    Every Dem grew government more than his GOP predecessor.


    half-truth
    Same can be said for every Dem.


    Lie, half-truth
    Not ever GOP predeisent had a 'bail-out of the a the fat cats'
    Dems President have 'bailed out the fat-cats'.


    This is either a lie or factual error rooted in ignorance -either way, it cannot be proven true.


    At this point, The Obama has given us more debt that RWR, and debt exceeding exceeded the total deficts under GWB.
    So, This is either a lie or a factual error rooted in ignorance -either way, it cannot be proven true.

    And so, my original response stands.

    guess you showed me


    ooops, wrong. all you have proven (once again) is your inability to recognize the data from that previously posted chart showing that republican presidents are consistently more likely to spend much more than the government takes in
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #336
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuc View Post
    As said above, Reagan did what he could with an uncooperative Congress.
    What? Congress instituted his policies.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  7. #337
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    guess you showed me
    Yes, yes I did.
    Not that you will admit.
    In fact, see below...
    ooops, wrong. all you have proven (once again) is your inability to recognize the data from that previously posted chart showing that republican presidents are consistently more likely to spend much more than the government takes in
    See? What did I just say?
    None of that half-truth disproves -anything- I said, whereas everything I said illustrates a factual error, a half-truth, or a lie.

    And so, my original response stands.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 04-16-10 at 02:55 PM.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •