View Poll Results: Was Reagan a fiscal-small government conservative?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Because...

    38 38.78%
  • No, Because...

    60 61.22%
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 337

Thread: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

  1. #301
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    really? you're forgetting that right after reagan left office bush raised taxes, out of necessity.
    Horsepucky. It was a choice.
    Just like the dems increasing spending after promising to decrease it was a choice.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 04-15-10 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #302
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    really? you're forgetting that right after reagan left office bush raised taxes, out of necessity.
    BS, Bush raised taxes in 1990 after reaching an agreement with Democrats to cut spending $2 for each dollar in spending cuts. Guess what, we got the tax increase, the economy tanked and no spending cuts. GHW Bush with those tax increases added 1.4 trillion to the debt. lesson here never compromise with a liberal.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    BS, Bush raised taxes in 1990 after reaching an agreement with Democrats to cut spending $2 for each dollar in spending cuts. Guess what, we got the tax increase, the economy tanked and no spending cuts. GHW Bush with those tax increases added 1.4 trillion to the debt. lesson here never compromise with a liberal.
    Forgot to check this, it was two dollars of spending cuts for each dollar of tax increase. my error. We of course got the tax increases but never the spending cuts.

  4. #304
    User jacksbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    05-23-12 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    103

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have no idea what this chart is supposed to show. I prefer BEA.gov information that shows the doubling of GDP, doubling of Govt. revenue and almost 20 million jobs created after taking over an economy with 20 plus interest rates, double digit inflation, and rising unemployment.
    This chart was copied from the Haritage Foundatrion web sight. Hardly a left wing organization, and it shows that all republicans give us debt and grow thew government more than the democrats do. Every republicans gave us debt, every republican gives us bigger government, every republican gives us inflation, deficits and a need for another financial bale out of fat cats by the government. Republicans cause the country it's financial problems. Obama will be a pypical democrat and give us less debt than a republican would.
    Last edited by jacksbrat; 04-16-10 at 02:07 AM.

  5. #305
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    All one must do to be thought of as fiscally conservative is to spout some anti-welfare rhetoric. Just express some hostility to welfare mothers, throw in some racial undertones and you'll be an anti-tax crusader, even if spending goes through the roof at your direction.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  6. #306
    Advisor Regicollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-09-10 @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    318

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    No. Reagan was a typical borrow and spend Republican. He oversaw the final death of the American dream where the real wages of ordinary Americans started to stagnate even though there was an increase in productivity.

    One should not forget the straight criminality of the Reagan administration either. It is beyond my comprehension how you can be labelled a national hero if you sell arms to a barbaric theocracy in order to fund Nicaraguan terrorist groups and drug barons.
    The poor complain; they always do
    But thatís just idle chatter
    Our system brings reward to all
    At least all those who matter.

  7. #307
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Regicollis View Post
    No. Reagan was a typical borrow and spend Republican. He oversaw the final death of the American dream where the real wages of ordinary Americans started to stagnate even though there was an increase in productivity.

    One should not forget the straight criminality of the Reagan administration either. It is beyond my comprehension how you can be labelled a national hero if you sell arms to a barbaric theocracy in order to fund Nicaraguan terrorist groups and drug barons.
    I posted the Cato Institute analaysis of the Reagan Administration which of course you ignored. Different day same liberal myths.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksbrat View Post
    This chart was copied from the Haritage Foundatrion web sight. Hardly a left wing organization, and it shows that all republicans give us debt and grow thew government more than the democrats do. Every republicans gave us debt, every republican gives us bigger government, every republican gives us inflation, deficits and a need for another financial bale out of fat cats by the government. Republicans cause the country it's financial problems. Obama will be a pypical democrat and give us less debt than a republican would.
    My chart had no descriptions on it thus the question. I also posted the Cato Institute full analysis of the Reagan Administration. Obvously you ignored it. Different day, same old liberal myths. You people have zero credibility.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Regicollis View Post
    No. Reagan was a typical borrow and spend Republican. He oversaw the final death of the American dream where the real wages of ordinary Americans started to stagnate even though there was an increase in productivity.

    One should not forget the straight criminality of the Reagan administration either. It is beyond my comprehension how you can be labelled a national hero if you sell arms to a barbaric theocracy in order to fund Nicaraguan terrorist groups and drug barons.
    Another uneducated liberal trying to pass themselves off as an intellectual. More wild accusations that are just typical liberal myths from people who cannot stand keeping more of what they earn and having a strong national defense.

    Being quite liberal says it all about you. I fully understand why you need people like Obama in the WH and Pelosi and Reid in charge of Congress. Read the Cato Institute analysis of the Reagan years and truly educate yourself. You definitely need to go through Detox from that liberal education you received.

  10. #310
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Was Reagan a fiscal/small government conservative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Another uneducated liberal trying to pass themselves off as an intellectual. More wild accusations that are just typical liberal myths from people who cannot stand keeping more of what they earn and having a strong national defense.

    Being quite liberal says it all about you. I fully understand why you need people like Obama in the WH and Pelosi and Reid in charge of Congress. Read the Cato Institute analysis of the Reagan years and truly educate yourself. You definitely need to go through Detox from that liberal education you received.
    and yet you offer no specifics to refute the points articulately made against reagan's regime
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •