View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #961
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You mean outside of the current near-decade long cooling trend, and that green house gases can't account for the cooling trend of the seventies, either.

    Outside of those facts, and the aura of hysterical panic all AGWers exude, your failed theory fits the facts just fine, except where it doesn't fit.

    Here's a hint: Green house gases can't cause the current cooling trend observed and not predicted by AGW theory. Ergo, AGW theory is false.



    Except for the last decade, which cooled.



    Especially the last decade of cooling.



    Except where the troposphere has cooled, which is pretty much everywhere these last nine or ten years.



    Yes, when are the AGWers going to open up their clams to facts, like the fact that the planet is now cooling, that the planet has historically been warmer in the past, and much warmer when there weren't any homo sapiens around to be confused by AGW conmen, too?
    Cite your source, and from somewhere beyond the blogosphere.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  2. #962
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Actually, the argument from one side is that because agencies that have been proven to compromise their intregity........
    What agencies? Do you mean scientific societies? All of them from all over the world that reached a consensus years ago?

    This could only occur if there was a world wide conspiracy, and you have shown no proof of that.
    Last edited by Catawba; 03-08-10 at 11:21 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #963
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What agencies? Do you meant scientific societies? All of them from all over the world that reached a consensus years ago?

    This could only occur if there was a world wide conspiracy, and you have shown no proof of that.
    Interesting point to note, Scarecrow has provided no links of real value, whereas you have cited the IPCC. And Scarecrow expects you to find his links more valuable and credible then the committee whose job it is to study the climate. Plain backwards to me...
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #964
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What agencies? Do you mean scientific societies? All of them from all over the world that reached a consensus years ago?

    This could only occur if there was a world wide conspiracy, and you have shown no proof of that.
    Like NOAA-GISS, like NASA that has to keep refining it's statements because they keep getting caught in what we can charitably call mistakes, if we had any charity. Since I'm not charitable to con-men, I call them lies (2008 was not the warmest year on record, 1934 was. Oh, and since 2008 was allegedly the warmest year on record, how can the planet be "warming" if the year isn't warmer than 2008? You people ever try to waste any of your precious time actually thinking about what it is you're being told and what it is you say? Hmmmm?)

    Hadley CRU, a MAJOR fount of global warming hysteria, is caught with compromising e-mails, including discussion on how to "hide the decline" and plotting on how to get rid of honest reviewing peers.

    The Father of the Hockey Stick is revealed to have used completely cherry picked data and a curve matching algorithm that will generate a hockey stick graph on completely random data sets.

    The IPCC includes the Medieval Warming Period in one official report, and since the Medieval Warming Period is an inconvenient truth, removed that data from the calculations in the next report, to show the faked Hockey Stick in greater horrific contrast.

    You yourself ignore the inconvenient truth that the whole planet was warmer in the Eemian period of the last interstadial period and don't want to discuss the irrefutable fact that the sea levels that time 'round were fifteen feet higher.

    Since the top five warmest years on record actually happened before 1940, how can it be "warming" when this decade is cooler than the last one?

  5. #965
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Interesting point to note, Scarecrow has provided no links of real value, whereas you have cited the IPCC. And Scarecrow expects you to find his links more valuable and credible then the committee whose job it is to study the climate. Plain backwards to me...
    Oh, I forget to mention that the IPCC used detailed peer review articles to source it's hysteria over the vanishing Himalayan glaciers.

    That the peers reviewing the climbing magazine the IPCC used as it's source were, in effect, "high", isn't relevant to your worship of the IPCC.

    To the rest of us, it's a sign of the typical arrogance of con-men pretending to be scientists. You should go to Cardiff, New York sometime. Just a short bicycle ride west of Syracuse, you'll see a sign on the road marking the site of the discovery of another famous scientific hoax. The hoax of anthropogenic global warming is so huge there won't be any one place to put a sign commemorating it's discovery, though.

  6. #966
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Like NOAA-GISS, like NASA that has to keep refining it's statements because they keep getting caught in what we can charitably call mistakes, if we had any charity. Since I'm not charitable to con-men, I call them lies (2008 was not the warmest year on record, 1934 was. Oh, and since 2008 was allegedly the warmest year on record, how can the planet be "warming" if the year isn't warmer than 2008? You people ever try to waste any of your precious time actually thinking about what it is you're being told and what it is you say? Hmmmm?)

    Hadley CRU, a MAJOR fount of global warming hysteria, is caught with compromising e-mails, including discussion on how to "hide the decline" and plotting on how to get rid of honest reviewing peers.

    The Father of the Hockey Stick is revealed to have used completely cherry picked data and a curve matching algorithm that will generate a hockey stick graph on completely random data sets.

    The IPCC includes the Medieval Warming Period in one official report, and since the Medieval Warming Period is an inconvenient truth, removed that data from the calculations in the next report, to show the faked Hockey Stick in greater horrific contrast.

    You yourself ignore the inconvenient truth that the whole planet was warmer in the Eemian period of the last interstadial period and don't want to discuss the irrefutable fact that the sea levels that time 'round were fifteen feet higher.

    Since the top five warmest years on record actually happened before 1940, how can it be "warming" when this decade is cooler than the last one?
    Care to cite any of that? Or would you prefer to continue to engage in unfounded ideas?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  7. #967
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What agencies? Do you mean scientific societies? All of them from all over the world that reached a consensus years ago?

    This could only occur if there was a world wide conspiracy, and you have shown no proof of that.
    No, you've been providing the proof of that. You've been listing all those agencies that falsely proclaim the continued warming of the planet in the face of irrefutable cooling.

    Why do you think they're lying like that?

  8. #968
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Care to cite any of that? Or would you prefer to continue to engage in unfounded ideas?
    No, I don't feel like citing what is commonly accessible current event news for the last four months or so. If you want to play ostrich, fine. Don't expect me to be reaching up your butt to hand you reading material.

  9. #969
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No, I don't feel like citing what is commonly accessible current event news for the last four months or so. If you want to play ostrich, fine. Don't expect me to be reaching up your butt to hand you reading material.
    As if I expected anything but that

    If you didn't go so defensive, I might have thought the information was out there, but thanks for telling me otherwise
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #970
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    The frozen methane is melting.

    Very Bad News About Global Warming JacobFreeze

Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •