View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #951
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    LOL! So you are prepared to figure out the whole climate change process on your own, as long as you don't have to read a few paragraphs?

    That could very well explain why your research keeps coming up short.
    The whole climate change process = naturally cyclic variations.

    Done.

  2. #952
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Quite.

    But, actually, I DID read it.

    Which didn't prevent me in any way from complaining about the wall of text in a joking manner.
    There was nothing to indicate you were joking. Next time add (just joking) to avoid confusion. Thanks!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #953
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    If so, then I simply need more explanation/persuasion to understand your point. Simply repeating a statement does not make it any plainer to one who possesses the level of skull thickness that I do.
    You can't be serious and you're probably pulling my leg, but here goes: The argument from one side is basically since localized weather has been colder recently than global warming is a myth. I then said, "what part of the word "global" don't you under stand? " You came along and say well that is part of the world or something to that effect.

    Here's the key word: "Global," meaning the entire globe! That the U.S. is part of the global average temperature is irrelevant.

    Verstehen?
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 03-08-10 at 09:56 PM.

  4. #954
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The whole climate change process = naturally cyclic variations.

    Done.
    Yep it's that simple. You are smarter than most climate scientists out there. Got it.

  5. #955
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The whole climate change process = naturally cyclic variations.

    Done.
    Thanks for your opinion!


    Published on Friday, March 5, 2010 by the Herald Scotland
    Fresh Evidence Global Warming Is Man-Made

    "The new research involved drawing together evidence from more than 100 climate change studies, many of which were conducted since the last major IPCC report in 2007.

    It showed that, on a global scale, predictions made about the effects of greenhouse gas emissions match actual trends seen over the past 50 years.

    Since 1980, average global temperature has increased by about 0.5˚C. Currently, the Earth is getting warmer at the rate of about 0.16˚C per decade.

    The study found natural forces such as volcanic eruptions and cyclical changes in the brightness of the Sun could not explain what was happening to the world's climate, said Dr Stott.

    For example, solar heating would have warmed both upper and lower layers of the atmosphere, the stratosphere and troposphere. However, what was seen was that while the stratosphere had cooled, the troposphere had warmed.

    Asked if the new research would help silence those who question man-made climate change, Dr Stott said: "I just hope people will make up their minds informed by the scientific evidence."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #956
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    There you go again Catawba, trying to counter ignorance with facts. It the poster won't listen it's like teaching pigs to sing. They won't do it and they just get mad.

  7. #957
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You can't be serious and you're probably pulling my leg, but here goes: The argument from one side is basically since localized weather has been colder recently than global warming is a myth. I then said, "what part of the word "global" don't you under stand? " You came along and say well that is part of the world or something to that effect.

    Here's the key word: "Global," meaning the entire globe! That the U.S. is part of the global average temperature is irrelevant.

    Verstehen?
    I think you've got the sequence of events slightly mixed up, but you gathered the gist of it.

    Obviously the word "global" means the entire globe.

    I never denied that.

    I was simply pointing out to the person who stated that "America is not the world" (obvious), that America is part of the world (also obvious). Both statements were (I believe) made in a slightly joking manner.

    Then you seemingly attacked me for saying such, so I defended.

    Thus this discussion.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #958
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    There you go again Catawba, trying to counter ignorance with facts. It the poster won't listen it's like teaching pigs to sing. They won't do it and they just get mad.
    I don't post the facts to try to convince the ignorant. I make the posts for the lurkers out there that are not convinced all the world's preeminent scientists have been conspiring for decades, but are just unaware of the mainstream scientific consensus (with new evidence each year) of man's contribution to global warming.
    Last edited by Catawba; 03-08-10 at 10:26 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #959
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You can't be serious and you're probably pulling my leg, but here goes: The argument from one side is basically since localized weather has been colder recently than global warming is a myth. I then said, "what part of the word "global" don't you under stand? " You came along and say well that is part of the world or something to that effect.

    Here's the key word: "Global," meaning the entire globe! That the U.S. is part of the global average temperature is irrelevant.

    Verstehen?
    Actually, the argument from one side is that because agencies that have been proven to compromise their intregity and have been known to falsify their research have said in the past that global warming is happening then the globe will always be warming, even when the ice sheets roll over Chicago, the globe will still be warmer.

    Because globally it has been cooler than a decade ago, people are saying, "gee, it's cooler now than it was a decade ago." That's an amazing coincidence, that people would say it's cooler when it's actually cooler, but there you have it, people are too stupid to know when it's getting hotter and insist on reaching for those parkas and scarves anyway.

  10. #960
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It showed that, on a global scale, predictions made about the effects of greenhouse gas emissions match actual trends seen over the past 50 years.
    You mean outside of the current near-decade long cooling trend, and that green house gases can't account for the cooling trend of the seventies, either.

    Outside of those facts, and the aura of hysterical panic all AGWers exude, your failed theory fits the facts just fine, except where it doesn't fit.

    Here's a hint: Green house gases can't cause the current cooling trend observed and not predicted by AGW theory. Ergo, AGW theory is false.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Since 1980, average global temperature has increased by about 0.5˚C. Currently, the Earth is getting warmer at the rate of about 0.16˚C per decade.
    Except for the last decade, which cooled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The study found natural forces such as volcanic eruptions and cyclical changes in the brightness of the Sun could not explain what was happening to the world's climate, said Dr Stott.
    Especially the last decade of cooling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    For example, solar heating would have warmed both upper and lower layers of the atmosphere, the stratosphere and troposphere. However, what was seen was that while the stratosphere had cooled, the troposphere had warmed.
    Except where the troposphere has cooled, which is pretty much everywhere these last nine or ten years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Asked if the new research would help silence those who question man-made climate change, Dr Stott said: "I just hope people will make up their minds informed by the scientific evidence."
    Yes, when are the AGWers going to open up their clams to facts, like the fact that the planet is now cooling, that the planet has historically been warmer in the past, and much warmer when there weren't any homo sapiens around to be confused by AGW conmen, too?

Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •