View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #941
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    University of San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-14-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    672
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Snippet
    That's not the interview.

    You are so embarrassing. How could you get that confused with this? One's not an interview (your's). One is...

    Mine is the right link. I'm not even sure what you thought I was talking about.

    Everyone else, just ignore Catawba. I'm not sure he has any idea what he's talking about, and I'm not even completely sure he isn't merely acting the stereotypical "environmental nutjob idiot" motif in an attempt to discredit legitimate individuals who believe the science behind Climate Change.

    Just to clear this up. Temperatures are in almost universal disagreement with the IPCC's idiotic papers. However, that doesn't change the fact that carbon is a greenhouse gas, and greenhouse gases names' aren't coincidences. They cause a greenhouse effect. There is definitely evidence to support Climate Change, if not "AGW." Saying that current temperatures, or models, or anything else other than observable and replicable scientific hypothesis supports AGW is beyond idiotic. The legitimate evidence supports Climate Change, and a smattering of correlation between temperature and CO2. That is to say, everything that isn't in Al Gore's docudrama.
    Last edited by Areopagitican; 03-08-10 at 09:07 PM.

  2. #942
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    LOL! So you are prepared to figure out the whole climate change process on your own, as long as you don't have to read a few paragraphs?

    That could very well explain why your research keeps coming up short.
    Quite.

    But, actually, I DID read it.

    Which didn't prevent me in any way from complaining about the wall of text in a joking manner.
    Last edited by The Mark; 03-08-10 at 09:24 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #943
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    I realise this might be a difficult concept to grasp, but America is not the world.


    Especially if you look at the world temps for the same period and they are the second warmest on record.


  4. #944
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    I realise this might be a difficult concept to grasp, but America is not the world.
    But it's a part of the world.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #945
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    But it's a part of the world.
    What part of the word "Global" don't you understand? Are your kind really this thick headed?

  6. #946
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    What part of the word "Global" don't you understand? Are your kind really this thick headed?
    WTH are you talking about?

    Someone said, "America is not the world", which is obvious, as it's only a part of it, which I then pointed out, having nothing better to be doing...

    Don't understand your response.

    Edit: And what is "my kind"? Aren't you part of "my kind", as in "mankind"?
    Last edited by The Mark; 03-08-10 at 09:25 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #947
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    WTH are you talking about?

    Someone said, "America is not the world", which is obvious, as it's only a part of it, which I then pointed out, having nothing better to be doing...

    Don't understand your response.

    Edit: And what is "my kind"? Aren't you part of "my kind", as in "mankind"?
    Yes you are thick headed.

  8. #948
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Yes you are thick headed.
    If so, then I simply need more explanation/persuasion to understand your point. Simply repeating a statement does not make it any plainer to one who possesses the level of skull thickness that I do.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #949
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    That's not the interview.

    You are so embarrassing. How could you get that confused with this? One's not an interview (your's). One is...

    Mine is the right link. I'm not even sure what you thought I was talking about.
    My link was to a direct quote by the Institute of Physics conducting the inquiry. I am satisfied to let the lurkers decide for themselves which one is more credible.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #950
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    That's not the interview.

    You are so embarrassing. How could you get that confused with this? One's not an interview (your's). One is...

    Mine is the right link. I'm not even sure what you thought I was talking about.

    Everyone else, just ignore Catawba. I'm not sure he has any idea what he's talking about, and I'm not even completely sure he isn't merely acting the stereotypical "environmental nutjob idiot" motif in an attempt to discredit legitimate individuals who believe the science behind Climate Change.

    Just to clear this up. Temperatures are in almost universal disagreement with the IPCC's idiotic papers. However, that doesn't change the fact that carbon is a greenhouse gas, and greenhouse gases names' aren't coincidences. They cause a greenhouse effect. There is definitely evidence to support Climate Change, if not "AGW." Saying that current temperatures, or models, or anything else other than observable and replicable scientific hypothesis supports AGW is beyond idiotic. The legitimate evidence supports Climate Change, and a smattering of correlation between temperature and CO2. That is to say, everything that isn't in Al Gore's docudrama.

    The Left has created, via a comprehenive campaign of terror and deceit, a new religion, and the Bible Thumpers of this new religion can't help sharing the Word of their terror of the incipient imaginary doom with the rest of us.

Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •