View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #841
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Hmmmm...for some reason Catawba doesn't want to adress the fact that Wiki was infiltrated by a Global Warming Kook who took it upon himself to edit and delete articles countering the AGW religion and banning folks who persisted in challenging his delusions.

  2. #842
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    "Here is a press release from the National Academy of Sciences (USA) which opens with the words “Climate Change is real”. It’s conclusion begins with “We urge all nations, in the line with the UNFCCC principles, to take prompt action to reduce the causes of climate change, adapt to its impacts and ensure that the issue is included in all relevant national and international strategies.” It recognizes the international consensus of the IPCC (2001), IEA (2004), and UNFCCC. It is signed by:



    1. National Academy of Sciences, United States of America
    2. Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
    3. Royal Society, United Kingdom
    4. Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
    5. Academia Brasiliera de Ciências, Brazil
    6. Royal Society of Canada, Canada
    7. Academié des Sciences, France
    8. Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher, Germany
    9. Indian National Science Academy, India
    10. Accademia dei Lincei, Italy
    11. Science Council of Japan, Japan



    Joint Statement II

    Here is another press release from the Royal Society (UK) which says “The work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) represents the consensus of the international scientific community on climate change science. We recognise* IPCC as the world’s most reliable source of information on climate change and its causes”. It is signed by:



    1. Australian Academy of Sciences
    2. Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts
    3. Brazilian Academy of Sciences
    4. Royal Society of Canada
    5. Caribbean Academy of Sciences
    6. Chinese Academy of Sciences
    7. French Academy of Sciences
    8. German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina
    9. Indian National Science Academy
    10. Indonesian Academy of Sciences
    11. Royal Irish Academy
    12. Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy)
    13. Academy of Sciences Malaysia
    14. Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand
    15. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
    16. Royal Society (UK)"
    Logicalscience.com - The Consensus On Global Warming/Climate Change: From Science to Industry & Religion
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #843
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "Here is a press release from the National Academy of Sciences (USA) which opens with the words “Climate Change is real”. It’s conclusion begins with “We urge all nations, in the line with the UNFCCC principles, to take prompt action to reduce the causes of climate change, adapt to its impacts and ensure that the issue is included in all relevant national and international strategies.” It recognizes the international consensus of the IPCC (2001), IEA (2004), and UNFCCC. It is signed by:



    1. National Academy of Sciences, United States of America
    2. Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
    3. Royal Society, United Kingdom
    4. Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
    5. Academia Brasiliera de Ciências, Brazil
    6. Royal Society of Canada, Canada
    7. Academié des Sciences, France
    8. Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher, Germany
    9. Indian National Science Academy, India
    10. Accademia dei Lincei, Italy
    11. Science Council of Japan, Japan



    Joint Statement II

    Here is another press release from the Royal Society (UK) which says “The work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) represents the consensus of the international scientific community on climate change science. We recognise* IPCC as the world’s most reliable source of information on climate change and its causes”. It is signed by:



    1. Australian Academy of Sciences
    2. Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts
    3. Brazilian Academy of Sciences
    4. Royal Society of Canada
    5. Caribbean Academy of Sciences
    6. Chinese Academy of Sciences
    7. French Academy of Sciences
    8. German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina
    9. Indian National Science Academy
    10. Indonesian Academy of Sciences
    11. Royal Irish Academy
    12. Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy)
    13. Academy of Sciences Malaysia
    14. Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand
    15. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
    16. Royal Society (UK)"
    Logicalscience.com - The Consensus On Global Warming/Climate Change: From Science to Industry & Religion
    No, that's too logical, the ACC deniers will just discard it as junk science
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #844
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hmmmm...for some reason Catawba doesn't want to adress the fact that Wiki was infiltrated by a Global Warming Kook who took it upon himself to edit and delete articles countering the AGW religion and banning folks who persisted in challenging his delusions.
    Could you clarify your argument for me real quick so I make sure I address your points rather then what I think your points are?

    From what I can tell, you are arguing that the amount of CO2 we've put out hasn't been enough to affect the climate as a whole, and that the climate trend has been ongoing since pre-medieval times.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #845
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Could you clarify your argument for me real quick so I make sure I address your points rather then what I think your points are?
    Don't worry about it. We wouldn't want to interrupt the AGW circle-jerk between you and Cat...

  6. #846
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    I notice Catawaba does not want to address Dr Jones being rebuked by other scientist for his hiding facts and his making science not credible.

  7. #847
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I notice Catawaba does not want to address Dr Jones being rebuked by other scientist for his hiding facts and his making science not credible.
    I've read about it. What's your point? Dr. Jones does not make "science not credible!" None of the world's scientific societies have changed their positions because of Dr. Jones. He is only a sensation in the right wing blogger world.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #848
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Could you clarify your argument for me real quick so I make sure I address your points rather then what I think your points are?
    My point is that AGW is bunk. Hookum. A snow-job. heh heh a snow-job.

  9. #849
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I've read about it. What's your point?
    That you're referencing biased sources. Kinda like when a Thumper is pounding on his Bible to prove the Earth is only 8124 years and three weeks old.

  10. #850
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    That you're referencing biased sources.
    I don't happen to buy that all of mainstream science throughout the world has been conspiring against us.

    I'll still go with the science over the bloggers.

    But to each their own!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •