View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 82 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, I still have faith in the consensus of every scientific society on the planet.
    Of course you do.

    That's because AGW is religion, not science.

  2. #812
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post

    That's because AGW is religion, not science.
    Then why do all the science organizations agree on AGW?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #813
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Then why do all the science organizations agree on AGW?
    All the science organizations believed the sun revolved around the earth.
    Then, people showed them otherwise, and they were eventaully forced to admit that their faith was flawed.
    Maybe someday you will have the courage to question your faith.

  4. #814
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    All the science organizations believed the sun revolved around the earth.
    Then, people showed them otherwise, and they were eventaully forced to admit that their faith was flawed.
    Maybe someday you will have the courage to question your faith.
    Not big on science huh? What do you believe instead?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #815
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Then why do all the science organizations agree on AGW?
    Politics.

    It's clear the data doesn't support AGW, if it did, there wouldn't be any need to falsify the data and otherwise commit scientific fraud.

    As the current global cooling trend continues, (last decade warmest ever, can you BELIEVE the bs they push?), how long will they hang onto their failed theory?

    You are aware that at one time scientific "consensus" said the earth was less than 8000 years old, right, and that everything could be explained by Noah's Flood, aren't you?

    Facts trump science.

    Facts say AGW is bunk.

  6. #816
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    All the science organizations believed the sun revolved around the earth.
    Then, people showed them otherwise, and they were eventaully forced to admit that their faith was flawed.
    Maybe someday you will have the courage to question your faith.
    Naturally, Al Bore isn't a Galilleo. More like a Borgia Pope, he is.

  7. #817
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Politics.
    I see, back to the world conspiracy theory again.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #818
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I see, back to the world conspiracy theory again.
    You are?

    That view is consistent with the Sky is Falling arguments of AGW.

  9. #819
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Looks like this might be a good time to define denialism:

    "Denialism is choosing to deny reality as a way to avoid an uncomfortable truth:[1] "[it] is the refusal to accept an empirically verifiable reality. It is an essentially irrational action that withholds validation of a historical experience or event."[2]

    It has been proposed that the various forms of denialism have the common feature of the rejection of overwhelming evidence and the generation of an artificial controversy through attempts to deny that a consensus exists.[3] The terms "Holocaust denialism", and "AIDS denialism" have been used,[4][5][6][7][8] and the term "climate change denialists" has been applied to those who refuse to accept that climate change is occurring.[9][10][11][12] Several motivations for denial have been proposed, including religious beliefs and self-interest, or simply as a psychological defense mechanism against disturbing ideas."

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denialism]Denialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #820
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Looks like this might be a good time to define denialism:

    "Denialism is choosing to deny reality as a way to avoid an uncomfortable truth:[1] "[it] is the refusal to accept an empirically verifiable reality. It is an essentially irrational action that withholds validation of a historical experience or event."[2]

    It has been proposed that the various forms of denialism have the common feature of the rejection of overwhelming evidence and the generation of an artificial controversy through attempts to deny that a consensus exists.[3] The terms "Holocaust denialism", and "AIDS denialism" have been used,[4][5][6][7][8] and the term "climate change denialists" has been applied to those who refuse to accept that climate change is occurring.[9][10][11][12] Several motivations for denial have been proposed, including religious beliefs and self-interest, or simply as a psychological defense mechanism against disturbing ideas."

    Denialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So you're saying that your dream of the sky falling is a denial of the truth, which is that humans don't have the power to alter the global climate.

    All you need to do now is stop denying that you're denying this.

Page 82 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •