View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #791
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Explain how the science behind the greenhouse effect isn't sound. More specifically, explain how the logic train behind climate change is illogical.
    Because it's not consistent with facts.

    That's usually the problem failed theories have.

    Science isn't about logic. Logically, cats have eight tails.

  2. #792
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Remember the e-mails. The AGW acolyte telling another that they have to "hide the decline".
    Here is what I am talking about. I want to know where it was warm?


    Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Weather: Hottest January ever say climate experts




    CLIMATE scientists yesterday stunned Britons suffering the coldest winter for 30 years by claiming last month was the *hottest January the world has ever seen.

    The remarkable claim, based on global satellite data, follows Arctic temperatures that brought snow, ice and travel chaos to millions in the UK.

    At the height of the big freeze, the entire country was blanketed in snow. But Australian weather expert Professor Neville Nicholls, of Monash University in Melbourne, said yesterday: “January, according to satellite data, was the hottest January we’ve ever seen.

    “Last November was the hottest November we’ve ever seen. November-January as a whole is the hottest November-January the world has seen.” Veteran *climatologist Professor Nicholls was speaking at an online climate change briefing, added: “It’s not warming the same everywhere but it is really quite challenging to find places that haven’t warmed in the past 50 years.”

    His extraordinary claims came after the World Meteorological Organisation revealed 2000 to 2009 was the hottest decade since records began in 1850.

  3. #793
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    The Worshippers of Gaia and Marx have heard the complaints that their concoctions don't fit satellite data. So now they're claiming their work is supported by satallite data.

    NASA GISS if facing a lawsuit for refusing an FOIA request for their raw data.

    However, if it it the hottest January on record down under, then some scientist is going to win a Nobel Prize if they can figure out how the lost heat from the Northern Hemisphere was magically transported to the South. I suspect the heat made a short-cut through Pellucidar.

    I find it strange, also that the last decade, which showed significant cooling from the 1990's, was hottest ever.

    I think maybe those Worshippers of Gaia and Marx use a different definition of "warmer" than the rest of us do. Considering that most of them who are old enough were big promoters of the Nex Ice Age hype of the 70's, maybe they're just managed to confuse themselves on "warm" and "cold"?

    Remember when Al Bore told Congress that "everything that should be up is down, and everything that should be down, is up"? Maybe he wasn't talking about the healthy economy but his warped perceptions of Gaia?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 02-26-10 at 02:17 PM.

  4. #794
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    As always GW can explain it away no matter what the weather. It can be hot,cold, rain, snow, hurricanes you always have an out no proof but always an explanation.

    That is why the article I posted shows GW scientist trying to explain away the cooling trend.
    You really don't understand the basis of science do you...

    Gravity is a theory. The big bang is a theory. Black holes, plate tectonics, etc. Theories. A theory is as high as you can get in the scientific world.

    Meteorlogical theories, as well as the greenhouse gas theory combined result in the theory of climate change. You following me?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #795
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Because it's not consistent with facts.

    That's usually the problem failed theories have.

    Science isn't about logic. Logically, cats have eight tails.
    The facts necessary for the logic is 1) increase in CO2 since the Industrial Revolution, 2) greenhouse effect in relation to CO2, 3) marginally hotter temperatures over equator increasing amount of evaporation, 4)water vapor being the most effective greenhouse gas, and 5) the ability of increased water evaporation to form a positive feedback loop in the environment.

    These are all true, and unless you want to dispute one of them, the logic is also irrefutable.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  6. #796
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    The facts necessary for the logic is 1) increase in CO2 since the Industrial Revolution, 2) greenhouse effect in relation to CO2, 3) marginally hotter temperatures over equator increasing amount of evaporation, 4)water vapor being the most effective greenhouse gas, and 5) the ability of increased water evaporation to form a positive feedback loop in the environment.

    These are all true, and unless you want to dispute one of them, the logic is also irrefutable.
    Facts not considered to produce your logic, but which are facts nonetheless:

    1) Warming trend started 150 years before 1800.

    2) CO2 trends rise AFTER warming trend. Claiming CO2 rise causes warming trend violates fact and hence logic.

    3) The creation of clouds from water vapor create negative feedback to cancel your alleged positive feedback.

    4) Your "logic" can't account for the cooling experienced in the last decade. A positive control loop that increases temperature can't be used to explain decreases in temperature. Hence, your logic is half-assed.

    5) Hotter water in the Atlantic means more rain, more hurricanes. The Southern states have suffered drought and that drought has been exacerbated by a notable shortage of hurricanes in the last half-decade.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 02-26-10 at 04:04 PM.

  7. #797
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Facts not considered to produce your logic, but which are facts nonetheless:

    1) Warming trend started 150 years before 1800.

    2) CO2 trends rise AFTER warming trend. Claiming CO2 rise causes warming trend violates fact and hence logic.

    3) The creation of clouds from water vapor create negative feedback to cancel your alleged positive feedback.

    4) Your "logic" can't account for the cooling experienced in the last decade. A positive control loop that increases temperature can't be used to explain decreases in temperature. Hence, your logic is half-assed.

    5) Hotter water in the Atlantic means more rain, more hurricanes. The Southern states have suffered drought and that drought has been exacerbated by a notable shortage of hurricanes in the last half-decade.
    Once you cite all of that, I'll believe it, especially the part about the current warming trend starting in 1800.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #798
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,248

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    ...
    However, if it it the hottest January on record down under, then some scientist is going to win a Nobel Prize if they can figure out how the lost heat from the Northern Hemisphere was magically transported to the South. I suspect the heat made a short-cut through Pellucidar.
    Edited to remove errors and other strawmen for clarity. Please show where the rise in temperature observed was restricted to Australia, as you seem to suggest, or even the Southern hemisphere?
    Last edited by Manc Skipper; 02-26-10 at 05:28 PM.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  9. #799
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Once you cite all of that, I'll believe it, especially the part about the current warming trend starting in 1800.
    I did cite it, didn't you read it?

    That you won't understand that the warming trend began at the very coldest part of the Little Ice Age merely highlights your ignorance of the topic at hand, and further shows your grasp on logic is weak.


    I did not say the current warming trend began ca. 1800. The Gaia Worshippers have. I said it began 150 years before that. The bottom of the Little Ice Age happened ca. 1650.

  10. #800
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Edited to remove errors and other strawmen for clarity. Please show where the rise in temperature observed was restricted to Australia, as you seem to suggest, or even the Southern hemisphere?
    If some lying con man is claiming the month before last was the warmest ever for the Northern Hemisphere, and someone is stupid enough to believe him, I'm not going to waste time pointing at the snow outside his window.

Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •