View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    The science behind anthropogenic climate change is completely sound.
    Except for the parts where fraud was used.

  2. #762
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you really think all these scientists, the ones who discovered the cycle in the first place, just totally forgot to take that into account?
    No.

    "Forgot" isn't the correct word.

  3. #763
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    But who can deny that the weather patterns are all topsy turvy these days?
    Welcome to chaos theory.

    It's not like DC and Texas and Florida haven't seen snow before.

    the Chicken Littles seize on every little warm spell as evidence of "global warming ...oops...CLIMATE CHANGE", and then tell people pointing to cold weather that isolated instances of snow don't mean anything, then they say that the snow is evidence of CLIMATE CHANGE, as if they didn't just contradict themselves.

    What you people need to do is buy hard hats, then you'll stop worrying about that sky falling issue you have.

  4. #764
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Welcome to chaos theory.

    It's not like DC and Texas and Florida haven't seen snow before.

    the Chicken Littles seize on every little warm spell as evidence of "global warming ...oops...CLIMATE CHANGE", and then tell people pointing to cold weather that isolated instances of snow don't mean anything, then they say that the snow is evidence of CLIMATE CHANGE, as if they didn't just contradict themselves.

    What you people need to do is buy hard hats, then you'll stop worrying about that sky falling issue you have.
    Record breaking snow not just a small amount.

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Record breaking snow not just a small amount.
    Well, yes it is.

    You just have to understand what "record breaking" means.

    It doesn't mean it's never snowed that much there before.

    It means nobody was keeping records when it had.

    The depth of the Little Ice Age was ca. 1650. Ya think the natives of Texas were keeping records back then?

    Do you realize that in the second year weather records were kept on an organized basis that there was a 50% chance of record breaking high temperatures EVERY SINGLE DAY?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 02-25-10 at 02:35 PM.

  6. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Well, yes it is.

    You just have to understand what "record breaking" means.

    It doesn't mean it's never snowed that much there before.

    It means nobody was keeping records when it had.

    The depth of the Little Ice Age was ca. 1650. Ya think the natives of Texas were keeping records back then?

    Do you realize that in the second year weather records were kept on an organized basis that there was a 50% chance of record breaking high temperatures EVERY SINGLE DAY?

    Nice spin not credible but nice spin

  7. #767
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Can't believe this thread is still going on.

    And I'm amazed that people who laugh at 9/11 conspiracy theorists see no irony in their belief that the vast majority of scientists from every country and political view have conspired to make up Climate Change theory, without any apparent gain to them and at a tremendous risk to their jobs and reputation.

    It boggles the mind.

    They never challenge other scientific theories. No one is arguing against the theory of gravity or plate tectonics. No, the only time science is so challenged is for reasons political (climate change) or religious (evolution).

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Can't believe this thread is still going on.

    And I'm amazed that people who laugh at 9/11 conspiracy theorists see no irony in their belief that the vast majority of scientists from every country and political view have conspired to make up Climate Change theory, without any apparent gain to them and at a tremendous risk to their jobs and reputation.

    It boggles the mind.

    They never challenge other scientific theories. No one is arguing against the theory of gravity or plate tectonics. No, the only time science is so challenged is for reasons political (climate change) or religious (evolution).

    Hello?

    "Vast majority"?

    Got any evidence that George Bush led a team of CIA operatives on a midnight mission to mine the World Trade Center?

    I've got evidence the leading authorities on global warming cooked their books and tried to manipulate the reviewing process.

    Oh, btw, AGW theory IS a religion to people who refuse to heed the science that refutes it.

  9. #769
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hello?

    "Vast majority"?

    Got any evidence that George Bush led a team of CIA operatives on a midnight mission to mine the World Trade Center?

    I've got evidence the leading authorities on global warming cooked their books and tried to manipulate the reviewing process.

    Oh, btw, AGW theory IS a religion to people who refuse to heed the science that refutes it.


    Here you go scientist trying to figure out the cooling taking place.



    Reuters AlertNet - ANALYSIS-Scientists examine causes for lull in warming

    Climate scientists must do more to work out how exceptionally cold winters or a dip in world temperatures fit their theories of global warming, if they are to persuade an increasingly sceptical public.

    At stake is public belief that greenhouse gas emissions are warming the planet, and political momentum to act as governments struggle to agree a climate treaty which could direct trillions of dollars into renewable energy, away from fossil fuels.

    Public conviction of global warming's risks may have been undermined by an error in a U.N. panel report exaggerating the pace of melt of Himalayan glaciers and by the disclosure of hacked emails revealing scientists sniping at sceptics, who leapt on these as evidence of data fixing.

    Scientists said they must explain better how a freezing winter this year in parts of the northern hemisphere and a break in a rising trend in global temperatures since 1998 can happen when heat-trapping gases are pouring into the atmosphere.

    "There is a lack of consensus," said Kevin Trenberth, head of the Climate Analysis Section at the U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research, on why global temperatures have not matched a peak set in 1998, or in 2005 according to one U.S. analysis. For a table of world temperatures: [ID:nLDE6050Y5]

    Part of the explanation could be a failure to account for rapid warming in parts of the Arctic, where sea ice had melted, and where there were fewer monitoring stations, he said.

    "I think we need better analysis of what's going on on a routine basis so that everyone, politicians and the general public, are informed about our current understanding of what is happening, more statements in a much quicker fashion instead of waiting for another six years for the next IPCC report."

  10. #770
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Here you go scientist trying to figure out the cooling taking place.



    Reuters AlertNet - ANALYSIS-Scientists examine causes for lull in warming

    Climate scientists must do more to work out how exceptionally cold winters or a dip in world temperatures fit their theories of global warming, if they are to persuade an increasingly sceptical public.

    At stake is public belief that greenhouse gas emissions are warming the planet, and political momentum to act as governments struggle to agree a climate treaty which could direct trillions of dollars into renewable energy, away from fossil fuels.

    Public conviction of global warming's risks may have been undermined by an error in a U.N. panel report exaggerating the pace of melt of Himalayan glaciers and by the disclosure of hacked emails revealing scientists sniping at sceptics, who leapt on these as evidence of data fixing.

    Scientists said they must explain better how a freezing winter this year in parts of the northern hemisphere and a break in a rising trend in global temperatures since 1998 can happen when heat-trapping gases are pouring into the atmosphere.

    "There is a lack of consensus," said Kevin Trenberth, head of the Climate Analysis Section at the U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research, on why global temperatures have not matched a peak set in 1998, or in 2005 according to one U.S. analysis. For a table of world temperatures: [ID:nLDE6050Y5]

    Part of the explanation could be a failure to account for rapid warming in parts of the Arctic, where sea ice had melted, and where there were fewer monitoring stations, he said.

    "I think we need better analysis of what's going on on a routine basis so that everyone, politicians and the general public, are informed about our current understanding of what is happening, more statements in a much quicker fashion instead of waiting for another six years for the next IPCC report."

    They don't fit theories of anthropogenic global warming. It part of the evidence of AGW falsity.

Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •