View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #501
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Even companies are giving up on being green after the lies prove GW is a scam.


    BP, ConocoPhillips and Caterpillar Pull Out of Climate Partnership - WSJ.com


    hree big companies quit an influential lobbying group that had focused on shaping climate-change legislation, in the latest sign that support for an ambitious bill is melting away.



    Several companies are quitting an influential lobbying group focusing in on legislation, despite the administratin's push to use the budget to pass greenhouse gas legistlation. WSJ's Grainne McCarthy reports in the News Hub.

    Oil giants BP PLC and ConocoPhillips and heavy-equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. said Tuesday they won't renew their membership in the three-year-old U.S. Climate Action Partnership, a broad business-environmental coalition that had been instrumental in building support in Washington for capping emissions of greenhouse gases.

    The move comes as debate over climate change intensifies and concerns mount about the cost of capping greenhouse-gas emissions.

    On a range of issues, from climate change to health care, skepticism is growing in Washington that Congress will pass any major legislation in a contentious election year in which Republicans are expected to gain seats. For companies, the shifting winds have reduced pressure to find common ground, leading them to pursue their own, sometimes conflicting interests.
    Oh wow, since we know corporations know everything

    Care to debate the science of climate change?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  2. #502
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    More lies from Gore
    NOT! I have seen it on Animal Planet about the polarbears dying
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #503
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I don't lay eggs.

    You may believe that, but I could not possibly comment.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #504
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Ice caps are not melting, and polar bears are just fine. Stop spreading lies.
    It is true and I seen a documentary about this stuff. I saw it with my own eyes what is happening to the Polar Bears.

    It was on Animal Planet and National Geographic. Also seals are at a very big risk too.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    NOT! I have seen it on Animal Planet about the polarbears dying
    So another GW friendly sight.


    Polar Bear Baby Boom Occurring in Eastern Arctic, Will Media Notice? | NewsBusters.org

    Polar bears are the poster animals of global warming. The image of a polar bear floating on an ice floe is one of the most dramatic visual statements in the fight against rising temperatures in the Arctic.

    But global warming is not killing the polar bears of Canada's eastern Arctic, according to one ongoing study. Scheduled for release next year, it says the number of polar bears in the Davis Strait area of Canada's eastern Arctic – one of 19 polar bear populations worldwide – has grown to 2,100, up from 850 in the mid-1980s.

    For those keeping score, that’s an almost 150 percent increase in two decades.

    The article continued:

    "There aren't just a few more bears. There are a ... lot more bears," biologist Mitchell Taylor told the Nunatsiaq News of Iqaluit in the Arctic territory of Nunavut. Earlier, in a long telephone conversation, Dr. Taylor explained his conviction that threats to polar bears from global warming are exaggerated and that their numbers are increasing. He has studied the animals for the Nunavut government for two decades.

    Hmmm. So, a local biologist that has studied polar bears for two decades says their population is increasing. How marvelous.

    Read more: Polar Bear Baby Boom Occurring in Eastern Arctic, Will Media Notice? | NewsBusters.org

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Oh wow, since we know corporations know everything

    Care to debate the science of climate change?
    It shows the new revelations of lies and corruption by GW scientist has shown they are no longer credible and companies will no longer back Obama on environmental issues.

  7. #507
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So another GW friendly sight.


    Polar Bear Baby Boom Occurring in Eastern Arctic, Will Media Notice? | NewsBusters.org

    Polar bears are the poster animals of global warming. The image of a polar bear floating on an ice floe is one of the most dramatic visual statements in the fight against rising temperatures in the Arctic.

    But global warming is not killing the polar bears of Canada's eastern Arctic, according to one ongoing study. Scheduled for release next year, it says the number of polar bears in the Davis Strait area of Canada's eastern Arctic – one of 19 polar bear populations worldwide – has grown to 2,100, up from 850 in the mid-1980s.

    For those keeping score, that’s an almost 150 percent increase in two decades.

    The article continued:

    "There aren't just a few more bears. There are a ... lot more bears," biologist Mitchell Taylor told the Nunatsiaq News of Iqaluit in the Arctic territory of Nunavut. Earlier, in a long telephone conversation, Dr. Taylor explained his conviction that threats to polar bears from global warming are exaggerated and that their numbers are increasing. He has studied the animals for the Nunavut government for two decades.

    Hmmm. So, a local biologist that has studied polar bears for two decades says their population is increasing. How marvelous.

    Read more: Polar Bear Baby Boom Occurring in Eastern Arctic, Will Media Notice? | NewsBusters.org
    Could you get another source for that data? The article was quite obviously bias against global warming, and I would like to see the Doctor's full statement, not paraphrased and shortened.

    Then of course, is the problem about births vs. fully grown. How many polar bears of the 2,100 born survive to adulthood to reproduce?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #508
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It shows the new revelations of lies and corruption by GW scientist has shown they are no longer credible and companies will no longer back Obama on environmental issues.
    Or they could be wrong. Corporations quite often are. And corporations always act on their own interests (and that of their stock holders). Considering what is being considered in terms of a cap and trade system, they might very well want to leave the group that they did.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Care to debate the science of climate change?
    Care to provide some evidence that human CO2 emissions are having a significant effect on global temperatures? All you have offered thus far is theorizing and speculation; I'd like some hard data to support your inferences.

  10. #510
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    The problem is that in this kind of case, figures and facts can be twisted and distorted to show whatever they want to claim.

    I can show you some great statistics that claim that blacks are inferior to whites, but that certainly does not mean it is true. It is all in how you can make figures lie, depending on how you present them.
    The difference is this not just some statistics this the conclusion of every major science organization on the planet, with measurable visible proof.

    And answer me this, if "Global Warming" is primarily human-induced, what caused the end of the ice age? Humans? And since we are still technically in an ice age, what will it mean when the polar ice cap finally disolves?


    And that alone is something I highly question. I am actually seeing dates of 2013 as to when the North Polar Ice Cap will no longer exist!

    BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Arctic summers ice-free 'by 2013'
    You need to go back to GW 101. There are several natural causes of global warming before man including Volcanoes and maximum solar activity. The difference now through records kept, we know there was no significant volcanic or solar activity during this warming period. If the ice caps melt we are in big trouble as about half the animal species on the planet will become extinct, many of which are food species for billions of people.

    So when we revisit this in a few years, can those of us that do not believe in "Man Made Global Warming" then laugh at those that make such claims?
    Sure, I'm just hoping your grandchildren don't have to come you one day and say why did you not try to stop this.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •