View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    He is trying, very politely I think, to explain the science, to those that do not understand, how man-made sources of C02, according to scientific methodology, which have no bearing on hacked emails from some other scientists, combine with natural sources to overwhelm the earth's natural ability to sequester it. The effects are measurable now and actionable, which is why action has been taken.
    Then why has the hurricane seasons in Florida been non-existent the last couple of years.

    2004 was the last major problems here.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Man is not the only source of C02. If there were a large release from a volcano, or increased solar activity, that could also cause global warming, which undoubtedly has happened in the past. The distinction during this warming period, is there are no known volcano or solar events of significance that caused it this time, only man's C02 contribution in addition to the ambient natural sources that have overwhelmed the earth's capacity to sequester it.
    Yes.

    Especially since any discussion of THIS warming period has to recognize that it began in 1650, roughly 150 years BEFORE the Industrial Revolution.

    That's if you want to be honest about the event, that is.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    But which ones do they use the most? I would say when it comes to the environment the EPA would hold the IPCC in high standard.
    You are, of course, referring to the very IPCC that referenced thorougly peer reviewed articles in Climbing Magazine to measure the rate of glacial retreat in the Himilaya Mountains, correct?

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You are, of course, referring to the very IPCC that referenced thorougly peer reviewed articles in Climbing Magazine to measure the rate of glacial retreat in the Himilaya Mountains, correct?
    The ones proven to be lies yes.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When they start eliminating organizations in the gov. the first to go after the DOE should be thr EPA.....talk about a corrupt organization that will do or say anything to get money.........
    Remember the forged lynx reports? Where the EPA was caught planting lynx hair in places lacking lynxes to expand their map of the lynx territory and hence their control over those formerly lynx-less lands?

    (Reported in Washington Times, 17 Dec 2002.)

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The ones proven to be lies yes.
    Well, really they don't need to be proven as lies, they merely have to be shown as lacking scientific merit.

    Anectdotal evidence in a hobbyist magazine lacks any merit, period.

    That a body as influential as the IPCC and supposedly responsible to the nations of the world would stoop to using unreviewed anecdotal evidence to promote it's agenda....while decrying the lack of "peer reviewers" for anti-AGW papers, while it controls who the reviewers are, is a complete corruption of the scientific method.

    BTW, why does the IPCC have a pro-global warming agenda, anyway? Would not the world be best served by a panel that seeks the truth rather than promote a cause?

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Well, really they don't need to be proven as lies, they merely have to be shown as lacking scientific merit.

    Anectdotal evidence in a hobbyist magazine lacks any merit, period.

    That a body as influential as the IPCC and supposedly responsible to the nations of the world would stoop to using unreviewed anecdotal evidence to promote it's agenda....while decrying the lack of "peer reviewers" for anti-AGW papers, while it controls who the reviewers are, is a complete corruption of the scientific method.

    BTW, why does the IPCC have a pro-global warming agenda, anyway? Would not the world be best served by a panel that seeks the truth rather than promote a cause?
    A world tax to the UN

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    A world tax to the UN
    Well, that's their goal, the imposition of a 100% tax on everyone who isn't their buddy. We all know this.

    The question is why do so many nations (all of them) tolerate the arrogance of these people when their goals are so obviously damaging in both the short and long runs?

  9. #369
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,227

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Remember the forged lynx reports? Where the EPA was caught planting lynx hair in places lacking lynxes to expand their map of the lynx territory and hence their control over those formerly lynx-less lands?

    (Reported in Washington Times, 17 Dec 2002.)
    Is there a link to the original report, or are there only "reports" of the report?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    The influences I've made? Do you perhaps mean inferences?
    Yes, I meant inferences, which is why I said inferences.

    If you do, you've already stated that you understand my explanation, and to understand is hardly a far cry from agreeing with.
    I understand and agree with your explanation of the greenhouse effect. However, I disagree with the inferences you have made based upon that explanation. If you would like to provide some evidence to support those inferences then I welcome it.

    Already, you agree with my logic in this situation. Therefore, as pointed out in my logic previously, this is in fact taking place, rate and casuality chain aside. It is merely a matter of time before the data becomes clear.
    So, you admit the data is not clear at this time?

Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •