View Poll Results: Is Global Warming a myth?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, explain

    52 34.44%
  • No, Explain

    99 65.56%
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1020

Thread: Is Global Warming a myth?

  1. #131
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Have we? Are you sure?
    What's changed since then, and how do you know?
    Be sure to factor in the recent revelations regarding the cooking of the termperature data books.

    And then, what's to say that 30 years from now, we will not have learned more, and found that the "global warming' scare was unfounded?
    I think you are not following. Science advances. In the last 100 years, we learned about things like relativity, which means that we are not moving through the ether. Should we doubt relativity because just 100 years ago, we knew something else? Your argument against GW that you presented is just stupid. Just because we once knew the earth was flat does not mean we should question whether the earth is round.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #132
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think you are not following....
    On the contrary -- I am following perfectly.
    Now, can you answer my questions, or not?
    Just so you know, I am betting on the 'or not'.

  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    On the contrary -- I am following perfectly.
    Now, can you answer my questions, or not?
    Just so you know, I am betting on the 'or not'.
    No you are not following. I am not making a claim about GW(I have been quite clear that I do not know, feel free to read the thread), I am pointing out the logical flaw in your argument. It's a stupid argument.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #134
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    We are having record cold temperatures and snowfall in history across the United States so the question begs to be asked...
    You are confusing the weather with climate. They are two different things.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think people should CHOOSE to do all those things.

    The government has no business getting into the legislation of what kind of things I can buy unless there is some SEVERE state interest imho.

    However those are not the extreme type things. However telling businesses they must spend thousands to millions of dollars to make their business "Greener", causing them to diverge money and profits towards that rather than improving a product, research and design, or employee's is bad. Taking peoples hard earned money away from them in a form of a tax or a fine for not being "Green enough" in the additions or changes to their home is basically the government forcing them to spend money one way or another that is not of their choosing. Telling car companies they must spend money on research for "greener" cars instead of spending that money on other things that may increase the likelihood of making their cars attractive to consumers is bad.
    Governments control what you buy all the time. It's called tax. They control how much alcohol you drink by taxing it heavily and legislating for who can buy it and where. Why do they do this? Because alcohol presents possible serious health risks at some time in the future. I understand a libertarian position that doesn't want the government interfering in personal behaviour, but why single out climate change measures when you already consent to other areas of control.

    In any case, climate change is not the only potential risk from maintaining the status quo in energy consumption. Fossil fuels are running out. Not next year or in 10 years but certainly within the lifespan of some people alive today. Surely it's better to begin the conversion now than wait until circumstances leave you dashing around at the last minute. Pollution is real and has much shorter-term effects than climate change. There are many long-term public health benefits in creating cleaner energy sources.

    I am actually not suggesting legislation to ban anything, however. I'm suggesting the governments across the world incentivise r/d into alternative energy and make alternative forms of transport more attractive than those more wasteful kinds. Better public transport, better facilities for people using non-fossil-based energy sources.

    From my point of view, the right to use up finite energy sources at an unsustainable rate isn't a fundamental inalienable right for anyone.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #136
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    30 years ago, the science told us that another ice age was on the way, as the globe was cooling.
    Headline: Scientists Claim Global Warming Prevented an Ice Age!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #137
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No you are not following.
    Yes, yes I am.

    We have learned more since then.
    I then asked you:

    Have we? Are you sure?
    What's changed since then, and how do you know?
    Be sure to factor in the recent revelations regarding the cooking of the termperature data books.

    And then, what's to say that 30 years from now, we will not have learned more, and found that the "global warming' scare was unfounded?
    You have since only dodged those questions.

  8. #138
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Headline: Scientists Claim Global Warming Prevented an Ice Age!
    I saw a show on PBS some time ago about how the polutants from commercial air travel have blocked enough of the sun's energy to lower average earth temps -- that global warming would be WORSE without it.

    This was supported by a (supposed) average rise in temps across the US in the 3-4 days after 9-11 when all the planes were grounded.

    The jist of the story was that global warmiong is actually worse than we think -- but, I believe the people pushing the story have unwittingly stumbled upon a solution -- more, dirtier, commercial aircraft!

  9. #139
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I saw a show on PBS some time ago about how the polutants from commercial air travel have blocked enough of the sun's energy to lower average earth temps -- that global warming would be WORSE without it.

    This was supported by a (supposed) average rise in temps across the US in the 3-4 days after 9-11 when all the planes were grounded.

    The jist of the story was that global warmiong is actually worse than we think -- but, I believe the people pushing the story have unwittingly stumbled upon a solution -- more, dirtier, commercial aircraft!
    It's kind of like my theory about the hole in teh ozone layer.

    It's fairly common knowledge that the smell after a static electric shock is caused by Ozone. So my theory is that if we create a HUGE latex balloon and the world's largest toupee and rub them together under the hole in the Ozone layer, everything'll get better.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #140
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Global Warming a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's kind of like my theory about the hole in teh ozone layer.

    It's fairly common knowledge that the smell after a static electric shock is caused by Ozone. So my theory is that if we create a HUGE latex balloon and the world's largest toupee and rub them together under the hole in the Ozone layer, everything'll get better.
    If people listened to you and me, the show would be called "12".

Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •