View Poll Results: Is it time for NATO to take military action against Iran?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 34.04%
  • No

    28 59.57%
  • Other

    3 6.38%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 164 of 164

Thread: Iran orders more enrichment, prompting US to call for the world to stand together

  1. #161
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Iran orders more enrichment, prompting US to call for the world to stand together

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    2) Kosovo? More madness in Europe that continued to be ignored, which may have pulled American forces into a bloodier and messier conflict later.
    I agree with everything else you said, but this was an action taken by war criminal Bill Clinton. We had no business being there and what Clinton and NATO did to the Serbians was unjustified and nothing more than a terrorist operation. Most people think the sex scandal was the evil thing Clinton did while he was in office. I say they should have forgot about the sex scandal and impeached his ass for this illegal war against the Serbians.

  2. #162
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: Iran orders more enrichment, prompting US to call for the world to stand together

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I agree with everything else you said, but this was an action taken by war criminal Bill Clinton. We had no business being there and what Clinton and NATO did to the Serbians was unjustified and nothing more than a terrorist operation. Most people think the sex scandal was the evil thing Clinton did while he was in office. I say they should have forgot about the sex scandal and impeached his ass for this illegal war against the Serbians.
    What war? We bombed their ass into submission. I personally believe that in the 21st century our foriegn policies towards backwards tribal instigated nations should be to either behave or suffer the consequences. In an age of "globalization" we can't afford to allow the dictators of nations to celebrate their tyranny. As the most powerful nation in history, a policy that encourages us to define slaughter and genocode as a "right of soveriegnty" is cowardly and ultimately foolish. Such sentiments encourage the Hitlers of history as long as they slaughter, torture, and massacre within their own borders.
    Last edited by MSgt; 02-27-10 at 12:24 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  3. #163
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Iran orders more enrichment, prompting US to call for the world to stand together

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    What war? We bombed their ass into submission. I personally believe that in the 21st century our foriegn policies towards backwards tribal instigated nations should be to either behave or suffer the consequences. In an age of "globalization" we can't afford to allow the dictators of nations to celebrate their tyranny. As the most powerful nation in history, a policy that encourages us to define slaughter and genocode as a "right of soveriegnty" is cowardly and ultimately foolish. Such sentiments encourage the Hitlers of history as long as they slaughter, torture, and massacre within their own borders.
    But at the same time, we can't exactly go and invade, and reform any government we want. We should be the first to bring it up in the UN, and if applicable, demand NATO action. If the atrocities continue, and we have no outside support, I think we should go in and force reform down the dictator's throat.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #164
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: Iran orders more enrichment, prompting US to call for the world to stand together

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    But at the same time, we can't exactly go and invade, and reform any government we want. We should be the first to bring it up in the UN, and if applicable, demand NATO action. If the atrocities continue, and we have no outside support, I think we should go in and force reform down the dictator's throat.
    No need to invade at all if our goal is to punish. But even an invasion should be kept to punitive strikes where appropriate. "Nation building" is where we are crossing the line. If people can't do for themselves, they aren't worth our blood. Our ultimate goals should always cater to ridding ourselves and his neighbors (our allies) of the thorns first. Providing opportunities of democracy and such is in keeping with our stated morals and values, but nobody can be forced to behave outside of their culture's prescriptions.

    Iraq was always going to be Iraq and Afghanistan is always going to be Afghanistan. The only question was always what Iraqis and Afghanis were going to do with the opportunity presented. Our ultimate goal was Saddam Hussein and the Tali-Ban/Al-Queda.
    Last edited by MSgt; 02-27-10 at 04:21 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •