View Poll Results: Openly gay personnel in the army?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - im cool with that

    62 77.50%
  • No - never again will i pick up the soap

    13 16.25%
  • Other - explain

    5 6.25%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 190

Thread: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

  1. #171
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    And to elaborate on the answer to rivrrat's claims:

    In post #112 in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    It is not a question of "able" or "not able".
    That is a military policy, effecting military personnel, AKA, soldiers.

    If the military feels that this is a distraction, then it would take care of it.

    In post #127 in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    As usual, you've just made a wrong statement.
    I have never claimed that the soldiers are not able(As stated quite clearly in my previous post, and as expected from anyone who is not brainless to be able to comprehend), but that this is a military policy.

    Conclusion from both posts on rivrrat's claim:
    False claim.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #172
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Apocolypse, i have made one simple conclusion from your point; this being, seperate gays with straights and stick gays together to lower sexual distraction. How you have managed to convince yourself that would lower sexual distraction is beyond me. Simply put, everything you have written thus far aimed at me in this poll is:

    FALSE.

    Thankyou for your attempt to debate anyway but generally im not in favour of uneccessary discrimination in our armed forces.
    Last edited by MetalGear; 02-06-10 at 09:03 AM.

  3. #173
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Seriously, having the lesbian female personnel housed together would be more likely to cause distraction because of the potential for inter-personal attraction, wouldn't it? Same with putting the gay men into a common housing situation.

    Of course, that's logical... who around here is interested in that?
    He is incapable of realizing that which is why he is still argueing his point.

  4. #174
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    Apocolypse, i have made one simple conclusion from your point; this being, seperate gays with straights and stick gays together to lower sexual distraction. How you have managed to convince yourself that would lower sexual distraction is beyond me. Simply put, everything you have written thus far aimed at me in this poll is:

    FALSE.
    That post is, as the ones before it, inherently false.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #175
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    He is incapable of realizing that which is why he is still argueing his point.
    False.

    Proof that this statement is false:

    In post #136 in this thread, replying to your claim that putting gays together is wrong;
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    Your point is valid(=the recognition that your point is actually a point), however there are not that many gay people in the military and it would minimize the unnecessary distraction to separate them. As I said many times already before, the military's policy is to avoid distractions when possible, with an emphasis on when possible.
    In post #164 in this thread, replying to a repeating by you that placing gays together is wrong:
    No, it only means that other options would have to be sought.
    Same post, a reply to another repeating:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    There are always other options to consider.
    Occupying the shower at different times is one.
    Post #167 in this thread, replying to Cephus where he's saying that housing only gays together is bad:

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    I do agree with your point however that housing only gays together is a bad move, which is why I believe that the right housing move would be to mix gays with straights in a balanced manner.
    Rational conclusion due to sum up of comments:

    Mental gear's accusation is inherently false.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #176
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    And to elaborate on the answer to rivrrat's claims:

    In post #112 in this thread:



    In post #127 in this thread:



    Conclusion from both posts on rivrrat's claim:
    False claim.
    False.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Please cease this purposeless argument, gays will be distracted because they will be sexually attracted to the other males and would not be able to work in a clear mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The distraction carries on during normal, daily activities.

  7. #177
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    False.
    The statements you have quoted have come to describe the effect as a part of a collective, and not as individuals.

    I believe you'll agree with me that generalizing in either way; either saying that all of the military's personnel will be effected by the distraction, or saying that all of the military's personnel would not be effected by the distraction, is naturally wrong.

    However, all of the above is needless to say since you have chosen to ignore my words as pointed above, where I am clearly saying in the most obvious manner that it is not a question of able or unable(that's a direct quote), contrary to your accusation where I'm suggesting that it is a question of able or unable.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 02-06-10 at 09:58 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #178
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The statements you have quoted have come to describe the effect as a part of a collective, and not as individuals.

    I believe you'll agree with me that generalizing in either way; either saying that all of the military's personnel will be effected by the distraction, or saying that all of the military's personnel would not be effected by the distraction, is naturally wrong.

    However, all of the above is needless to say since you have chosen to ignore my words as pointed above, where I am clearly saying in the most obvious manner that it is not a question of able or unable(that's a direct quote), contrary to your accusation where I'm suggesting that it is a question of able or unable.

    Odd, really?


    Please cease this purposeless argument, gays will be distracted because they will be sexually attracted to the other males and would not be able to work in a clear mind.

  9. #179
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Odd, really?
    You're repeating yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    It is not a question of "able" or "not able".
    That is a military policy, effecting military personnel, AKA, soldiers.

    If the military feels that this is a distraction, then it would take care of it.
    As long as you have failed to debunk those words of mine, you are wasting both of our time and are only engaging in self-mockery.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #180
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You're repeating yourself.

    As long as you have failed to debunk those words of mine, you are wasting both of our time and are only engaging in self-mockery.
    I didn't think you were really that dense.

    Those are YOUR words, dear. Not mine. YOU are the one who said they wouldn't be able to work. And then you go on to say it has nothing to do about 'able'. And even further accuse me of putting words in your mouth. I've now shown you a direct quote of YOURS where you state the very thing I said you stated. Seriously want to keep denying it?

    And despite what you keep inanely repeating, I don't think the military has a policy that says 'if you're attracted to someone, you aren't able to do your job'.

    Speaking of military policy, that's what we're talking about changing. Jesus. How about paying attention?
    Last edited by rivrrat; 02-06-10 at 11:28 AM.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •