View Poll Results: Openly gay personnel in the army?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - im cool with that

    62 77.50%
  • No - never again will i pick up the soap

    13 16.25%
  • Other - explain

    5 6.25%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 190

Thread: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

  1. #161
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Too late, they already do. Just not your military.
    The UK? Any ideas?

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Too late, they already do. Just not your military.
    Oh no no, you have me all wrong, see I'm an American

  3. #163
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Wow, such a compelling argument you make!

    When you actually come up with something of substance, why don't you let us know.
    I thought that you should know that I came up with something of substance.

    How was that?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #164
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    Oh but that would cause a distraction amongst our female personnel....righht?
    Housing lesbians and straight males together would cause a distraction among the females(lesbian) personnel?
    Say what?
    You where probably too busy pissing Rivat off at that point to notice.
    And you were too busy riding the merry goes round in Lala land.
    I think that point was fairly obvious in what makes your argument flawed so one would have thought you would have picked up on where it was leading.
    No, it only means that other options would have to be sought.
    Life is not black and white, you know. Unless you're a dog.
    You mean you dont know? I just assumed you did when you said there isnt all that many gays in the military.
    Yeah this is called an assumption.
    Is that your argument?
    Perhaps I did not understand the question.
    Do you want me to provide a proof that sexual distraction is a distraction?
    Do you also want me to prove that the white horse is white, or that the black knight is black?
    No, it makes women more vulnerable in such circumstances, for example to sexual harrasment by men (and more dominantly sexual assault).
    Yes, but for a rape to occur a sexual attraction needs to be there first.
    Meaning that you do believe that a sexual attraction is a possibility when showering with the opposing sexuality.
    That's a step in the right direction, mental.
    IF those men can be trusted to excercise a level of maturity and control, absolutely. Unfortunately we cannot account for every individual man and since homosexual assaults on straight men is something which is very uncommon
    It still happens though, no?
    I get the feeling that you base your argument on the belief that rapes by homosexuals never occur.
    Its good they recycle.
    They don't.
    They do right click and then empty recycling bin, and then there's only nothingness.
    The main question is, will you answer my question?
    That is your main question?
    Do you KNOW what happens when you stick gay men together in a shower?
    No, I've never been in a shower filled with gay men before, only one at a time really.
    But if that is your fantasy then sure I can participate.
    Mathematics. Statistically, gays are more probable in indulging in sexual activities in a shower full of gays then they would a shower full of straights.
    You're the one who's asking me to prove the obvious.
    Now go ahead, prove it.
    Lol thats actually quiet funny can i still that one?
    As long as you avoid the spelling mistakes, sure.
    Yeah anyway, your totally missing my point.
    Straight men straight women seperation = good.
    gay men straight men seperation = shower full of homosexuals = where is the less distraction in that?
    There are always other options to consider.
    Occupying the shower at different times is one.
    In otherwords, its a POINTLESS thing you are advocating.
    Only if by pointless you mean that it is one point less than perfection.

    Since nothing is perfect, that is.
    Please present them.
    So far we have agreed on seperating straights from gays will lessen distraction because sticking gays in a shower room full of other gays naturally does exactly that.
    As I said before, there are many other options to consider.

    Cant take a debate? Its all good.
    I eat debates for breakfast.
    Since ive revealed your agenda
    Since you've revealed your agenda.
    I have no interest in addressing your points from this point onwards because its irrelevant to my poll anyway.
    You have no interest in making a rational argument from this point onwards, and from this point backwards, and at this point.
    Its a yes or no question, and then you explain why or why not you want gays in the military and debate that.
    If you wanna set up a seperate poll "should gays shower together", please be my quest, PM me the URL, and lets have some fun.
    No I believe that I have answered this question in my first post here.
    I have no problem with gays in the military and I have no problem with gays being housed together with straights.
    You, however, have many problems, with many different issues.
    ALSO your reply to Rivvat has prooven you are incapable of conducting a mature debate, so you ill return the favour and simply ignore your irrelevant opinons anyway. Post one more out of thread post, ill return the Report.
    Certainly you are incapable of forming any kind of argument at all, forget an immature debate and mature debate, you do not even reach step one, which is to present your position in a civil way.

    If that is the point when you wish to end this pathetic exercise of self-mockery that you call "my side of the argument", then so be it, arrivederci to you.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #165
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Housing lesbians and straight males together would cause a distraction among the females(lesbian) personnel?
    Say what?
    Seriously, having the lesbian female personnel housed together would be more likely to cause distraction because of the potential for inter-personal attraction, wouldn't it? Same with putting the gay men into a common housing situation.

    Of course, that's logical... who around here is interested in that?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Seriously, having the lesbian female personnel housed together would be more likely to cause distraction because of the potential for inter-personal attraction, wouldn't it? Same with putting the gay men into a common housing situation.

    Of course, that's logical... who around here is interested in that?
    What about the females who get raped by straight macho dudes?

  7. #167
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Seriously, having the lesbian female personnel housed together would be more likely to cause distraction because of the potential for inter-personal attraction, wouldn't it? Same with putting the gay men into a common housing situation.
    Either you have misunderstood that paragraph of his or I have.
    As I perceive it, he has made the claim that Lesbian females being housed together with straight males would cause a distraction for the female (the lesbian) personnel.

    I do agree with your point however that housing only gays together is a bad move, which is why I believe that the right housing move would be to mix gays with straights in a balanced manner.
    Of course, that's logical... who around here is interested in that?
    Do not appeal to your own posts as logical, it doesn't look good when one is praising his own words.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I know! When I worked on the river, many of us guides - both male and female - changed clothes together before and after trips. I mean.. we saw each other nekkid! It's a wonder we were able to then paddle down class v rivers, taking 9 guest's lives into our hands, make split second decisions, and sometimes tend to serious injuries. I don't know how we did it. I mean, all I could think about while crashing my raft through 15 foot waves was, "I saw Tommy's pee pee!" It's a wonder we weren't all killed.

    When I drove an ambulance, I had to share quarters with a male medic. We had to live together for days on end. Sleeping next to each other, seeing each other barely clothed. I don't know how we managed to actually save so many people's lives day in and day out. I mean, I remember once I was applying pressure to someone's femoral artery in an attempt to keep them from bleeding out (and save their leg) and all I could think was, "Goddamn I wanna **** my partner!"

    /end sarcasm

    I don't know how we do it either. We simply must be of better caliber than those who serve in our military.
    Similarly, I worked in a police agency and the guys in my office (SWAT) stripped down in the office all the time before and after serving high hazard raids. I don't know how I managed to work with them without turning into a complete imbecile.

  9. #169
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Similarly, I worked in a police agency and the guys in my office (SWAT) stripped down in the office all the time before and after serving high hazard raids. I don't know how I managed to work with them without turning into a complete imbecile.
    Holy crap! You must be kidding. I mean, how could that be possible? That people are actually able to perform high stress jobs without being distracted by sex on the brain all the time due to being in close proximity with the gender they are sexually attracted to?

    I mean, it boggles the mind.

    It also boggles the mind why some people think our soldiers are so pathetic that they're incapable of doing the same thing.

  10. #170
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    It also boggles the mind why some people think our soldiers are so pathetic that they're incapable of doing the same thing.
    That is also false, as nobody has ever said that.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •