View Poll Results: Openly gay personnel in the army?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - im cool with that

    62 77.50%
  • No - never again will i pick up the soap

    13 16.25%
  • Other - explain

    5 6.25%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 190

Thread: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

  1. #121
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    You'll forgive me if I remain picky as to whom I reserve my smack-down's for. You're not quite there yet Skippy. You are still rather insignificant to me. Not that that's a bad thing. Just sayin'.
    Then our feelings are quite mutual, Joe, since I hold more significance for my nephew's three-legged ill turtle than I hold for you.

    He can't even walk right.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #122
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Which is a fantastic reason why nothing ever gets done. Good job.

    I know. It's all my fault.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #123
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Then our feelings are quite mutual, Joe, since I hold more significance for my nephew's three-legged ill turtle than I hold for you.

    He can't even walk right.
    I totally understand bro. But I do hope your nephew's turtle gets to feeling better.
    Last edited by Captain America; 02-04-10 at 08:54 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #124
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    If we are to draw a conclusion from that that soldiers are less capable of normal civilians, we are to mock the intelligence of mankind as a specie and as individuals, as the two issues are, simply, incomparable.
    Sorry dear, they're quite comparable.

    Finally, when you claim that you are of a better caliber than a person who risks his life for your continued living, you, unavoidably, earn the disrespect of many people.
    I claim I am of better caliber than someone who is supposed to be doing a job but can't because they're too distracted about sex. *cue beavis and butthead laughs* You are the one making the claim that our soldiers are those very immature, easily distracted, shallow, and under-trained individuals who cannot do a job because they are too distracted about 'teh sexxors'.

    Personally, I hold our soldiers in higher regard than that. Actually, I hold most PEOPLE in higher regard than that. It's sad that you and others like you... don't.

    If, in fact, our military is made up of the poor caliber of people you claim it is, then I hope we can get rid of all of them and start recruiting better ones.

  5. #125
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I know! When I worked on the river, many of us guides - both male and female - changed clothes together before and after trips. I mean.. we saw each other nekkid! It's a wonder we were able to then paddle down class v rivers, taking 9 guest's lives into our hands, make split second decisions, and sometimes tend to serious injuries. I don't know how we did it. I mean, all I could think about while crashing my raft through 15 foot waves was, "I saw Tommy's pee pee!" It's a wonder we weren't all killed.

    When I drove an ambulance, I had to share quarters with a male medic. We had to live together for days on end. Sleeping next to each other, seeing each other barely clothed. I don't know how we managed to actually save so many people's lives day in and day out. I mean, I remember once I was applying pressure to someone's femoral artery in an attempt to keep them from bleeding out (and save their leg) and all I could think was, "Goddamn I wanna **** my partner!"
    I know, right? Sometimes I take a shower with a girl I am very attracted to in the morning and then head to the airport to fly complex multiengine aircraft. Its just amazing that I was able to get an IFR clearance when all I could think about was the boobies I saw in the shower that morning.

    Incredibly, I am not allowed to consume alcohol less than 8 hours before a flight, but I am allowed to shower with a girl. It's like the FAA isn't taking this threat of "sexual distraction" seriously.
    Last edited by Panache; 02-04-10 at 09:28 PM.

  6. #126
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)



    This will surely put the fear of Allah into the hearts of our enemies.

    Americas forces are coming!

    Dont drop the soap Omar!


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  7. #127
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Sorry dear, they're quite comparable.
    There's nothing you should be sorry about, you're simply making a false statement.
    I claim I am of better caliber than someone who is supposed to be doing a job but can't because they're too distracted about sex.
    And I laugh at that fictional belief.
    You are the one making the claim that our soldiers are those very immature, easily distracted, shallow, and under-trained individuals who cannot do a job because they are too distracted about 'teh sexxors'.
    As usual, you've just made a wrong statement.
    I have never claimed that the soldiers are not able(As stated quite clearly in my previous post, and as expected from anyone who is not brainless to be able to comprehend), but that this is a military policy.
    Personally, I hold our soldiers in higher regard than that. Actually, I hold most PEOPLE in higher regard than that. It's sad that you and others like you... don't.
    It is only saddening that such people like you have such repulsive opinions about our military, and it only earns you disrespect in return.
    If, in fact, our military is made up of the poor caliber of people you claim it is, then I hope we can get rid of all of them and start recruiting better ones.
    Then continue to hope, that's all you'll be able to do.

    Point is, the military policy has nothing to do about you "hard-working" civilians, but about military personnel, and I'm sorry but it's none of your business.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 02-05-10 at 05:36 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #128
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    I know, right? Sometimes I take a shower with a girl I am very attracted to in the morning and then head to the airport to fly complex multiengine aircraft. Its just amazing that I was able to get an IFR clearance when all I could think about was the boobies I saw in the shower that morning.

    Incredibly, I am not allowed to consume alcohol less than 8 hours before a flight, but I am allowed to shower with a girl. It's like the FAA isn't taking this threat of "sexual distraction" seriously.
    The military policy is not shared with air-line companies, and I don't see why should it be.

    Ridiculous comparisons are counter-productive.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #129
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    You got raped in the wings of a theatre while performing a quickchange during a show? Or does your arse still burn from the world imploding?
    Id rather not discuss it.........










  10. #130
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Gays in the military (its anonymous)

    Gays & straights should share showers and gays should discipline themselves in not sturring up any emotions when showering with guys. The reason males/females dont shower with each other isnt just the sexual distraction alone...its dominantly a cultural thing. Same sex schools dont do it because of the "sexual attraction" between the kids. It doesnt make a difference either way, in or out of the shower, i wouldnt hesistate to check out our lady commander in her tight military trousers.
    I think you lot are trying to advocate uneccessary segregation and make out you have a valid point by comparing gays in the military with men/women and the status quo.
    Atm there ARE Gays in the military. Find me statistics that there efficiency is considerably lowered because they shower with guys and come back to me.

    OK?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •