View Poll Results: Good idea?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    40 44.94%
  • No

    49 55.06%
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 294

Thread: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

  1. #191
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    If a 21 year old man has sex witha 15year old girl he should be executed. Why should it be any different if its a 21 yo old woman and a 15 yo boy.
    Seriously? Even if the 15 year old is the initiator? This isn't a case of some innocent child having their life ruined by a monster, this is a case of someone who is barely an adult herself getting a bit drunk at a cast party and making a dumb decision that ultimately didn't hurt anyone.

    What if the 15 year old slips something into her drink to "get her in the mood?" Should she still be executed?

  2. #192
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Okay, it was just kind of sudden. It didn't look like an analogy at first.
    Gotchya now... didn't know why you brought that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Seriously? Even if the 15 year old is the initiator? This isn't a case of some innocent child having their life ruined by a monster, this is a case of someone who is barely an adult herself getting a bit drunk at a cast party and making a dumb decision that ultimately didn't hurt anyone.

    What if the 15 year old slips something into her drink to "get her in the mood?" Should she still be executed?
    If we initiate executions, which I am for for some pervert that kidnaps, locks up and sexually molests some 5 year old, then we need to rewrite laws. I would never dream of including in that same catagory a 15 year old having consentual sex with even a 40 year old. It is not in the same ballpark, hell, it aint even the same game to quote Jules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #194
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If we initiate executions, which I am for for some pervert that kidnaps, locks up and sexually molests some 5 year old, then we need to rewrite laws. I would never dream of including in that same catagory a 15 year old having consentual sex with even a 40 year old. It is not in the same ballpark, hell, it aint even the same game to quote Jules...
    You know, you bring up an excellent point. The cases of some of these people who kidnap kids, stuff them in dungeons, rape them, and kill them have caused a public outcry for stricter laws against sex offenders. However, there is a lot of gray area when it comes to laws against sexual conduct, as has been discussed in this thread. Which makes me want to want to know that instead of making sex offenses have stricter punishments, why not have kidnapping and acts of violence have harsher penalties instead? Doing so would protect those teenagers who are in a relationship with each other and choose to have sex with each other while also going after violent offenders.
    Last edited by samsmart; 02-04-10 at 10:50 PM.

  5. #195
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    You know, you bring up an excellent point. The cases of some of these people who kidnap kids, stuff them in dungeons, rape them, and kill them have caused a public outcry for stricter laws against sex offenders. However, there is a lot of gray area when it comes to laws against sexual conduct, as has been discussed in this thread. Which makes me want to want to know that instead of making sex offenses have stricter punishments, why not have kidnapping and acts of violence have harsher penalties instead?

    The first thing we need to do is recognize that a 13-15yo is capable of being a voluntary partner in sex. They don't recognize all the implications and their consent may be ill-informed, but we're talking about minors who are past puberty here... like it or not they are not quite "children" per se anymore, they are capable of reproduction and possess a desire for sex.

    As the father of a 14yo, I hate to admit that, but it is a fact.

    I'm not saying it should be "okay" for a 21yo to have sex with a 15yo. I'm just saying that if the 15yo "consented" then we are not REMOTELY in the same class of situation as the perv who manipulates and 11yo into sex, let alone any kind of forcible rape.

    21+15... wrong? Yes, I'd say so. Life without parole, chemical castration, execution? Oh hail no. I'm not sure I'd even call it a felony as long as the 15yo was sober.

    The actual predators are something else entirely... make the distinction, change the definitions, whatever... then quit giving the actual predators who prey on actual children NO second chances.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #196
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    The first thing we need to do is recognize that a 13-15yo is capable of being a voluntary partner in sex. They don't recognize all the implications and their consent may be ill-informed, but we're talking about minors who are past puberty here... like it or not they are not quite "children" per se anymore, they are capable of reproduction and possess a desire for sex.

    As the father of a 14yo, I hate to admit that, but it is a fact.

    I'm not saying it should be "okay" for a 21yo to have sex with a 15yo. I'm just saying that if the 15yo "consented" then we are not REMOTELY in the same class of situation as the perv who manipulates and 11yo into sex, let alone any kind of forcible rape.

    21+15... wrong? Yes, I'd say so. Life without parole, chemical castration, execution? Oh hail no. I'm not sure I'd even call it a felony as long as the 15yo was sober.

    The actual predators are something else entirely... make the distinction, change the definitions, whatever... then quit giving the actual predators who prey on actual children NO second chances.
    Right. I just wanted to point out that most of the sex offender laws are based around sex but not violence or kidnapping. I don't know about you folks, but I would be more concerned about someone who was guilty of kidnapping moving into my neighborhood than a 20-year-old who had sex with a 15-year-old thirty years ago.

  7. #197
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    The first thing we need to do is recognize that a 13-15yo is capable of being a voluntary partner in sex. They don't recognize all the implications and their consent may be ill-informed, but we're talking about minors who are past puberty here... like it or not they are not quite "children" per se anymore, they are capable of reproduction and possess a desire for sex.

    As the father of a 14yo, I hate to admit that, but it is a fact.

    I'm not saying it should be "okay" for a 21yo to have sex with a 15yo. I'm just saying that if the 15yo "consented" then we are not REMOTELY in the same class of situation as the perv who manipulates and 11yo into sex, let alone any kind of forcible rape.

    21+15... wrong? Yes, I'd say so. Life without parole, chemical castration, execution? Oh hail no. I'm not sure I'd even call it a felony as long as the 15yo was sober.

    The actual predators are something else entirely... make the distinction, change the definitions, whatever... then quit giving the actual predators who prey on actual children NO second chances.
    Aside from the double negative in the last line, I agree entirely.

  8. #198
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Aside from the double negative in the last line, I agree entirely.
    Yeah, well I'm a Southerner, what do you expect.

    We ain't got no proper English down here.
    Last edited by Goshin; 02-04-10 at 11:33 PM.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #199
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    You know, you bring up an excellent point. The cases of some of these people who kidnap kids, stuff them in dungeons, rape them, and kill them have caused a public outcry for stricter laws against sex offenders. However, there is a lot of gray area when it comes to laws against sexual conduct, as has been discussed in this thread. Which makes me want to want to know that instead of making sex offenses have stricter punishments, why not have kidnapping and acts of violence have harsher penalties instead? Doing so would protect those teenagers who are in a relationship with each other and choose to have sex with each other while also going after violent offenders.
    For some reason our society has decided sex is worse than violence. Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction resulted in millions of complaints and fines, but the same network can show MMA fights live, and news broadcasts regularly show videos of people being assaulted. Depictions of sex involving minors are illegal, but depictions of violence against minors are on television every night. Molesting a child gets you a long prison sentence and a lifetime on the sex offender registry, but assaulting a child gets you much less time. Chris Brown beat his girlfriend and is already back on the radio, Tiger Woods does nothing illegal and is vilified in the media for weeks.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  10. #200
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Should all child molesters be castrated before leaving prison?

    For some reason our society has decided sex is worse than violence. Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction resulted in millions of complaints and fines, but the same network can show MMA fights live, and news broadcasts regularly show videos of people being assaulted. Depictions of sex involving minors are illegal, but depictions of violence against minors are on television every night. Molesting a child gets you a long prison sentence and a lifetime on the sex offender registry, but assaulting a child gets you much less time. Chris Brown beat his girlfriend and is already back on the radio, Tiger Woods does nothing illegal and is vilified in the media for weeks.
    Yeah, it boggles the mind.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •