View Poll Results: Who, if anyone, should the State force on birth control?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • The mentally retarded

    31 31.00%
  • Those with genetic diseases that will cost the State

    29 29.00%
  • Drug addicts

    35 35.00%
  • Child abusers

    36 36.00%
  • Those receiving government assistance (food stamps, welfare)

    41 41.00%
  • Those who've already had 2 or 3 kids (overpopulation)

    15 15.00%
  • Anyone failing a psychological test

    14 14.00%
  • Women over 35 (Higher rate of genetic anomalies)

    3 3.00%
  • Girls under 18

    21 21.00%
  • Forced birth control is a violation of basic human rights

    52 52.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 175

Thread: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

  1. #131
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    Well it seems we both think it should be used more, I just draw the line a little further than you.
    You misunderstand. The government should not be able to tell anyone they can or cannot breed.

    Criminals can't simply while in prison. Upon release they are free to do what they will.

    Now if you were required to sign a contract and give up your reproductive rights, say in the case of welfare. I would have no problem as long as it is voluntary and not forced.

    Giving the government the power to arbitrarily tell people who can and cannot breed would rank us right up there with China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Then you understand very little about the basic human as an animal. Every animal including humans have the natural urge to procreate.
    We spay/neuter animals all the time. I have zero problems with doing it temporarily to human animals that have demonstrated, by their actions, that they are incapable of caring for children.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You misunderstand. The government should not be able to tell anyone they can or cannot breed.
    The government wouldn't be doing it. It would be "we the people," who end up paying for the services that these deadbeat parents absorb out of our personal tax dollars.

    Now if you were required to sign a contract and give up your reproductive rights, say in the case of welfare. I would have no problem as long as it is voluntary and not forced.
    Giving up reproductive rights should be a condition of accepting welfare. And, last I checked, welfare was voluntary.

  4. #134
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The government wouldn't be doing it. It would be "we the people," who end up paying for the services that these deadbeat parents absorb out of our personal tax dollars.
    And yet you support things like AA?

    That a bit hypocritical don't you think?

    Or am I worng?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Giving up reproductive rights should be a condition of accepting welfare. And, last I checked, welfare was voluntary.
    Thats what I said. This way it is not forced, or a government mandate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Blackdog's pretty much summed it up. Welfare is optional, birth control is optional. You agree to one, you agree to the other - in a perfect world.

    Reprocussions for irresponsibility is never a bad thing.

  6. #136
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And yet you support things like AA?

    That a bit hypocritical don't you think?

    Or am I worng?
    Affirmative action? I don't see the connection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Thats what I said. This way it is not forced, or a government mandate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Now if you were required to sign a contract and give up your reproductive rights, say in the case of welfare. I would have no problem as long as it is voluntary and not forced.
    Well of course that's how it would be done in the case of welfare, but if somebody really needs the assistance, the distinction between forced and voluntary blurs a bit. But the fact would remain that they can't support a family and shouldn't be forcing others to support their growing family.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And yet you support things like AA?
    Where do you get that? I've specifically stated several times in this thread that I don't support racial quotas.

    Or am I worng?
    You've misunderstood my position.
    Thats what I said. This way it is not forced, or a government mandate.
    That's what I said originally and you had a hissy fit. I think that women who accept welfare should sign a contract not to reproduce. If they get knocked up, their benefits are cut off. I also believe that first time child abuse offenders should not be allowed to breed. One strike, you're out.

  8. #138
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    We spay/neuter animals all the time. I have zero problems with doing it temporarily to human animals that have demonstrated, by their actions, that they are incapable of caring for children.
    And you can have that opinion. My opinion is the opposite.

    PS Animals have no rights. It was an example of nature, not rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And you can have that opinion. My opinion is the opposite.

    PS Animals have no rights. It was an example of nature, not rights.
    Are we animals or not animals? Pick one and stick with it.

  10. #140
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Who, if anyone, should be put on State mandated birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    Affirmative action? I don't see the connection.
    Because the question was not addressed to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    Well of course that's how it would be done in the case of welfare, but if somebody really needs the assistance, the distinction between forced and voluntary blurs a bit. But the fact would remain that they can't support a family and shouldn't be forcing others to support their growing family.
    As long as it is voluntary, I have no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •