View Poll Results: What do you think of the new iPad?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was impressed

    7 10.61%
  • I was disappointed

    10 15.15%
  • I will buy one very soon

    4 6.06%
  • I might buy one when the price comes down

    15 22.73%
  • I have no interest in buying one

    47 71.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: What do you think of the new iPad?

  1. #31
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    The iPad's biggest failure is its lack of multitasking. I always have more than one window open at a time. For its intended purpose, that omission is a deal breaker.
    I think the lack of a SD port is another. Basically you would need to bring along a laptop if you want to get any files off of it.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    I hate Apple with a passion, I refuse to let Steve Jobs tell me what I can and cannot do with my property and he censors the apps store and limits anything that can be gotten to that particular venue. Screw it. Beyond that, the iPad is just another overpriced, underpowered piece of Apple crap. I can get a netbook for less than half of what they're charging for this sack of garbage and probably do everything, if not more, than the Apple fanboys will be able to do with this.

    Forget it. I can't wait until Steve Jobs is dead, these mindless Apple fanboys won't know what the heck to do with themselves once their messiah is gone.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #33
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think the lack of a SD port is another. Basically you would need to bring along a laptop if you want to get any files off of it.
    Yeah, that was one of three things I mentioned earlier (no webcam, no SD, no replaceable battery).

  4. #34
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I expect it supports multitasking. More than one page of Safari can be open at one time. Even the Nano does multitasking as you can play music and use the pedometer simultaneously. What actual evidence do you have that it does not support multitasking? Do you have one? Have you studied one? Is there product analysis done somewhere?
    Are you a fanboy?

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Are you a fanboy?
    What's a fanboy?
    Last edited by reefedjib; 01-27-10 at 09:03 PM.

  6. #36
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2drIylnDw"]YouTube- New Apple iPad[/ame]

  7. #37
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I expect it supports multitasking. More than one page of Safari can be open at one time. Even the Nano does multitasking as you can play music and use the pedometer simultaneously. What actual evidence do you have that it does not support multitasking? Do you have one? Have you studied one? Is there product analysis done somewhere?
    It's based off of one app at a time. If I am thinking correctly, 4.0 supports actual multitasking, but the iPad is below that mark.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #38
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I hate Apple with a passion, I refuse to let Steve Jobs tell me what I can and cannot do with my property and he censors the apps store and limits anything that can be gotten to that particular venue. Screw it. Beyond that, the iPad is just another overpriced, underpowered piece of Apple crap. I can get a netbook for less than half of what they're charging for this sack of garbage and probably do everything, if not more, than the Apple fanboys will be able to do with this.

    Forget it. I can't wait until Steve Jobs is dead, these mindless Apple fanboys won't know what the heck to do with themselves once their messiah is gone.
    I never understood the rabid hate of Apple nor the rabid love. Nevertheless, your point about the notebooks is very valid, and yet another point against the tablet market.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #39
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    I'm happy with my laptop and my iTouch, thanks! Maybe when the price drops a little bit, I might buy it.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do you think of the new iPad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    It's based off of one app at a time. If I am thinking correctly, 4.0 supports actual multitasking, but the iPad is below that mark.
    I am not up on versions or capabilities. What is 4.0? I can see it being one app at a time, but surely you can be playing music while doing something else?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •