View Poll Results: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a single celled zygote is in fact an organism

    99 51.30%
  • No, a single celled zygote is not in fact an organism

    94 48.70%
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 249

Thread: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

  1. #191
    User phildozer9121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    09-18-15 @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    147

    Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Please,... for the love of Gawd,... and the potential comedic value alone,... I'm begging you,... PLEASE invite your professor to join this conversation.

    Oh my sides.
    Why so we can ask him if he agrees with my biology based opinion or your "its alive because it seems like it is" based opinion?

    Unless you have anything else you want to bring to the discussion, im going to go do other things now. I'm glad we could spend hour together making no headway on this
    Haha. Panty Hawk. I would watch that show.

  2. #192
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Please,... for the love of Gawd,... and the potential comedic value alone,... I'm begging you,... PLEASE invite your professor to join this conversation.

    Oh my sides.
    This post didn't in the least bit rebute the post you quoted. IE, this was you dodging the issue because you are being outmatched. You might want to work on that, because Ian and Mark are making points, while try stabbing them in the back of the leg. It's not working.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Cool Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by phildozer9121 View Post
    Why so we can ask him if he agrees with my biology based opinion or your "its alive because it seems like it is" based opinion?

    Unless you have anything else you want to bring to the discussion, im going to go do other things now. I'm glad we could spend hour together making no headway on this
    I think we both know what his reaction and input would be.

    Take care,... buh byeee

  4. #194
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    No,.. To your point that we are not going to agree on the meaning of words like "life" "zygote" "organism", etc,...

    How is it that you think we are going to suddenly agree on the relevant definition of the word "human?"
    Correction, you aren't going to agree on the definition of life, zygote, organism, human, etc.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Exclamation Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    This post didn't in the least bit rebute the post you quoted. IE, this was you dodging the issue because you are being outmatched. You might want to work on that, because Ian and Mark are making points, while try stabbing them in the back of the leg. It's not working.
    You're probably right,...

    I'm probably just mistaking the majority of opinions in the references I find,... and in the results of this poll to be of some indiciation of a consensus or something.

    I'll try to contain myself.

  6. #196
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    You're probably right,...

    I'm probably just mistaking the majority of opinions in the references I find,... and in the results of this poll to be of some indiciation of a consensus or something.

    I'll try to contain myself.
    There you go again, completely ignoring everything I just said.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    rolleyes Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    There you go again, completely ignoring everything I just said.
    Dismissed.

    Not ignored.

  8. #198
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Dismissed.

    Not ignored.
    Same difference. In either case, you look 1. incredibly arrogant, and 2. ignorant. If you want to stop it, and have an actual debate, go ahead and tell us, we're waiting.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Cool Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Same difference. In either case, you look 1. incredibly arrogant, and 2. ignorant. If you want to stop it, and have an actual debate, go ahead and tell us, we're waiting.
    This is hardly the place for (nor presently is it) a debate.

    Debates have rules, moderators and an expectation of intellectual honsety.

    The level of denial that abounds on this forum,.. in these threads would never be tolerated in an actual worthwhile debate.
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 01-29-10 at 07:26 PM.

  10. #200
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is a single celled human zygote an 'organism'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    This is hardly the place for (nor presently) as debate.

    Debates have rules, moderators and an expectation of intellectual honsety.

    The level of denial that abounds on this forum,.. in these threads would never be tolerated in an actual worthwhile debate.
    Thats due to the direct failings of a participant. If you cannot abide by the rules without having someone babysit you, just leave. No one wants to waste anymore time on you.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •