View Poll Results: Do you have a conceal and carry permit?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do

    21 29.17%
  • No I do not

    38 52.78%
  • I don't have one yet, but I'm working on it

    9 12.50%
  • I don't understand the question - can you type slower?

    4 5.56%
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 394

Thread: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

  1. #381
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You should have no problem with a 9mm hollow point or similar, considering the close range you would be at.

    Should? Id rather have a .45 hydrashock and remove all doubt.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Should? Id rather have a .45 hydrashock and remove all doubt.
    Well, again, I would never support legal bans on munitions so what I say were is just opinion.

    The .45 hydra-shock is a decent round and personally I don't have much of a problem with it. If you know ****'s going down in advance then innocents should get the **** outa there asap. I personally proffer the weaker 9mm hollow point for my comfort zone as I'm in a a home situation where my children would have to stay near me, but I wouldn't fault someone for using the .45 in their situation.

    I take issue with retards who think the AK-47 is acceptable home defense, especially in a rural setting. While I wouldn't legally ban you owning one, don't be surprised if I put one in your head when you shoot through your walls, my walls, and strike one of my family.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-01-10 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #383
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well, again, I would never support legal bans on munitions so what I say were is just opinion.

    Of course no worries.



    The .45 hydra-shock is a decent round and personally I don't have much of a problem with it. If you know ****'s going down in advance then innocents should get the **** outa there asap. I personally proffer the weaker 9mm hollow point for my comfort zone as I'm in a a home situation where my children would have to stay near me, but I wouldn't fault someone for using the .45 in their situation.

    Whatever you are comfortable with is fine with me as these are opinions. I am of the school hit em hard hit em big. The 9mm just does not do that for me.



    I take issue with retards who think the AK-47 is acceptable home defense, especially in a rural setting. While I wouldn't legally ban you owning one, don't be surprised if I put one in your head when you shoot through you walls, my walls, and strike one of my family.



    Rural or urban?

    M4 and to a less far less ak variant makes a great "farm" defense weapon.


    Did u mean urban? In a rural setting you have little fear of an errant 762 flying through your barn and into your farmhouse.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #384
    Educator Alvin T. Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    839

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post


    There are pros and cons to both. Me im concerned with a rou d that wont penetrate sheetrock penetrating a thick leather jacket for example
    Reminds me of an old family story.

    My Grandad carried a bible with him at the Somme. One day a bullet with his name on it hit him just above the heart. Luckily he had his bible in his brest pocket. The bullet penetrated all the way through to the back cover before stopping.

    My dad still has that bible to this day....and the bullet it stoped.




    Still it was a pitty about the other 17. They really made a mess out of him.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Did u mean urban? In a rural setting you have little fear of an errant 762 flying through your barn and into your farmhouse.
    my bad yeah I meant urban

  6. #386
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    my bad yeah I meant urban





    At least the 7.62 dint ki one yer heifers.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #387
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    10-28-10 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    dood you keep throwing out insults, is there a reason for this? I mean, you claim you don't show disrespect then you do just that....

    Taking from your statements such as taking aikido is a good way to defend oneself in a gunfight or ever, I can only surmise that you are ignorant to what it takes to survive in a life or death altercation.
    Its hard not to throw insults when my points are either missed, ignored, or inflated beyond reason. As stated, its my "personal" feelings based both on experience (which I've been berated for being only 22) and general reasoning, specifically the state training guidelines I had to take to carry a gun as part of my employment.

    Sheesh, I don't think everyone should carry, and I will second guess anyone who feels the need to carry, and to go beyond that its perfectly in my right to challenge anyone who chooses to carry (check out one of those first amendment deals). I suppose my confrontational style of debate can be taken as disrespect, so be it. If I question someone as to why they carry, and all it does is make them more resolute in their choice, well at least I know how serious they're taking it.

    I have constantly run Drill after Drill, where having a gun against an armed attacker just gets you killed. I've trained with a FATS. You guys put too much into the notion, that having a gun Will save your life, or that the world would be a safer place if everyone was armed, I disagree.

    As for the Aikido comment, the thread starter is a woman in her 40s, who's stated multiple times she works in an elementary school. Depending on the state even with a Concealed Carry Permit (or license) she probably can't carry it into work, or leave it in a car parked on school property. That for some people alone would rule out having a gun 5x a week. Now onto aikido, as an Introduction into martial arts, can you think of something better? (Karate? ROFLMAO) I don't expect someone who is new to martial arts to jump right into a Krav Maga course.

    I wish I could participate in this thread further, however I am currently caught up with work, and other issues, beyond that, this thread doesn't have much growth its the same circle over again, suppose you can't expect too much from a poll.

    -Ed

  8. #388
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Sorry Ed, but that is not the issue. The problem is that you have demonstrated a pre-judged prejudice against those who CCW, and despite stats proving you wrong you refuse to acknowlege that your prejudice has no basis in reality.

    Drills? Lol. If having a gun against an armed attacker always gets you killed, why do cops carry them?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #389
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    10-28-10 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Sorry Ed, but that is not the issue. The problem is that you have demonstrated a pre-judged prejudice against those who CCW, and despite stats proving you wrong you refuse to acknowlege that your prejudice has no basis in reality.

    Drills? Lol. If having a gun against an armed attacker always gets you killed, why do cops carry them?
    Could you quote the part where I said people take what I've said miss my points, or inflate them beyond belief. I get it, everyone should carry, it doesn't decrease the safety of anyone else. Feeling scared to walk down the street unarmed, is a legitimate reason to carry.

    You found two studies, (the Ohio one is the first to pop up in google) and the real break down is that few each year get a license revoked. Its hard (I couldn't find them) to find relevant statistics on how many permit holders Fired their weapon, how many hit the intended target, and how many if any were wounded or killed as a result, the wiki article itself states 9 officers were killed by ccw holders. However nothing is laid-out to say if the ccw holders were law breakers, or missed their intended target.

    Seems like a topic that people just havn't explored. Having a permit is one thing, which I fully support (and wish my state had tougher standards then "sign here"). But carrying on a daily basis, out of fear...yawn, guess I'm just an anti-gun liberal because I believe in tougher restrictions in handgun ownership and use!

  10. #390
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Do you have a conceal and carry license?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sane View Post
    Could you quote the part where I said people take what I've said miss my points, or inflate them beyond belief. I get it, everyone should carry, it doesn't decrease the safety of anyone else. Feeling scared to walk down the street unarmed, is a legitimate reason to carry.

    You found two studies, (the Ohio one is the first to pop up in google) and the real break down is that few each year get a license revoked. Its hard (I couldn't find them) to find relevant statistics on how many permit holders Fired their weapon, how many hit the intended target, and how many if any were wounded or killed as a result, the wiki article itself states 9 officers were killed by ccw holders. However nothing is laid-out to say if the ccw holders were law breakers, or missed their intended target.

    Seems like a topic that people just havn't explored. Having a permit is one thing, which I fully support (and wish my state had tougher standards then "sign here"). But carrying on a daily basis, out of fear...yawn, guess I'm just an anti-gun liberal because I believe in tougher restrictions in handgun ownership and use!
    I found far more than two studies; I just posted only two, I read others. You can't refute that those two studies indicate that about 99.7% of permit holders do not get in trouble with the law and are therefore not the unthinking walking disasters you painted them to be.


    You complain that people are exaggerating your position (not really, read back over your own words, you exhibit a very negative view of CCWs), then you exaggerate the counter-position to claims that everyone should carry all the time? I don't think anyone said that... I sure didn't. I've said it before, if you don't want to carry or don't think you can handle it, don't.

    Your emphasis on fear, as if people were trembling in terror at the idea of stepping outside their door unarmed, is a silly tactic attempting to create an emotional reaction of "I ain't skeered!" in the opposition. Not going to work.

    Being cognizant of a danger and its consequences is not the same as living in fear. Do you live in terror of car crashes because you always wear a seatbelt? Hardly.

    And yes, if you favor stricter controls on handguns than already exist in most states, then you come off as relatively anti-gun, compared to my own position.

    I notice you didn't address my question: if EVERY "drill" where you are armed against an armed attacker results in your demise, why do cops carry guns? Surely they'd be better off with just pepperspray and aikido...

    You seem impervious to facts and reason...which usually indicates a position held due to an emotional bias. That would appear to be consistent with your irrational prejudice against those who CCW and your unfounded viewpoint of them as mindless walking disasters, which are easily shown to be fantasy through available data and statistics.
    Last edited by Goshin; 02-05-10 at 11:00 PM.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •