View Poll Results: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes,-- everybody should be treated equal

    95 40.95%
  • No--some people should recieve preferential treatment

    137 59.05%
Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 847

Thread: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

  1. #701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    The problem is that the state should not be in the business of granting us permission to enter into a union.
    That's a whole other topic, though.

    Even in cultures who don't have "states", such as tribes, "marriage" is still about raising children.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-22-10 at 12:19 AM.

  2. #702
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    The problem is that the state should not be in the business of granting us permission to enter into a union.
    Could not agree more.

    I have said it before and I will say it again. Take away all the little perks people get for being married and watch this issue go away overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #703
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You keep citing people who have no business getting married as though their abuse of the system simultaneously justifies that same abuse.

    According to you, if you can abuse it, it is therefore ok to abuse it. Do you apply this attitude to women also? If you can rape her it is therefore ok to rape her? Everyone else is raping her, so why not, right?
    LMFAO

    There's no requirement for children in the legal marriage contract that couples sign. Therefore, there is no 'abuse' of said contract by not having children.

  4. #704
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't need to convince anyone, globally they've been doing it since Man has had civilization.
    Man's not doing it now. It's too late. Thousands and thousands of married couples are not having children. No state law requires them to either. Saying that marriage is about children because it's always been that way is bogus, because it's not that way.

  5. #705
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I did not make a false statement.

    The law and the facts are both on my side.
    Do I have to repost the whole exchange again?

    Please, you made a false statement. As I said even if I am the only one outside of Jerry who would "go for it" your statement is false, period.

    Your spin will not fly in the face of the truth.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-22-10 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    LMFAO

    There's no requirement for children in the legal marriage contract that couples sign. Therefore, there is no 'abuse' of said contract by not having children.
    We don't need to codify something we as a species have been observing since forever.

  7. #707
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    LMFAO

    There's no requirement for children in the legal marriage contract that couples sign. Therefore, there is no 'abuse' of said contract by not having children.
    I've seen alot of people pull this "marriage is for children" crap before. Most of them simply fold and slink away when reminded that their postmenopausal grandma got remarried after grandpa died or whatever. I give Jerry credit for sticking with the logical conclusion of his argument, no matter how extreme and hopeless. He's alot of things, but he's no hypocrite.

  8. #708
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We don't need to codify something we as a species have been observing since forever.
    So you agree that the state should stop sanctioning marriage altogether.

  9. #709
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Do I have to repost the whole exchange again?

    Please, you made a false statement. As I said even if I am the only one outside of Jerry who would "go for it" your statement is false, period.

    Your spin will not fly in the face of the truth.
    Yes, you need to post it again. You call me a liar, you're damn right you need to. There seems to be some confusion here, and you need to clear it up.

  10. #710
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yes, you need to post it again. You call me a liar, you're damn right you need to. There seems to be some confusion here, and you need to clear it up.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058501776

    Have fun with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •