View Poll Results: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes,-- everybody should be treated equal

    95 40.95%
  • No--some people should recieve preferential treatment

    137 59.05%
Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 847

Thread: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

  1. #411
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,530

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    No kidding?


    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Since you're so dense, I'll show you point for point...
    Here is what you said, "Animals also eat there own feces. Dogs eat cat feces. Chimps eat other monkeys etc. They eat their own young. "

    Those things you talked about have nothing to do with the subject. Hence... apples and oranges! However, I decided to address your comment "They eat their young."

    Was that slow enough for you? Holy ****!
    And again you have shown a complete and utter lack of understating.

    Here is the original statement I was responding to...

    You say, "This makes it no less natural" and then say we can't use animals to gauge homosexuality in humans. The article is all about it being "natural". - ADK Foever

    Now I said...

    "Animals also eat there own feces. Dogs eat cat feces. Chimps eat other monkeys etc. They eat their own young. " - Blackdog

    In other words... You can't judge humans or our morality by what animals do in nature.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    If you were expressing yourself, as if you knew anything about all of this, all these people wouldn't be arguing with you. Think about that.
    What is even more telling is the utter lack of support and thanks for anything you have said. Not to mention your lack of thanks all together, I have actually gotten a few.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-19-10 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #412
    Student Antagony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern England
    Last Seen
    09-13-11 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    278

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Amazing! The argument that homosexuality is unnatural has been repeated so often it's become a mantra for the homophobic; and the minute rational thinkers show evidence that counters that argument--evidence from actual nature, no less--they are condemned as "absurd" for bringing animal behaviour into the discussion. Talk about creating a no-win situation.
    -Ant

    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    -Voltaire

  3. #413
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What is even more telling is the utter lack of support and thanks for anything you have said. Not to mention your lack of thanks all together, I have actually gotten a few.
    Well, I guess that settles it then. You win a fact based debate based on... applause.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #414
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Antagony View Post
    Amazing! The argument that homosexuality is unnatural has been repeated so often it's become a mantra for the homophobic; and the minute rational thinkers show evidence that counters that argument--evidence from actual nature, no less--they are condemned as "absurd" for bringing animal behaviour into the discussion. Talk about creating a no-win situation.
    Amazing how Liberals resort to name calling like homophobic and bigot to people that have a difference of opinion with them....And they call us the intolerant ones...
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #415
    Advisor Rassales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Amazing how Liberals resort to name calling like homophobic and bigot to people that have a difference of opinion with them....And they call us the intolerant ones...
    So what word would you assign to someone who justifies their opinions by reference to a term like "unnatural," which they can't even define? Who jettisons their argument's constructs the moment their construct doesn't fit their conclusions?

    Bigotry is all about starting with a conclusion that condemns others and then searching around for a justification to support it.

  6. #416
    Student Antagony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern England
    Last Seen
    09-13-11 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    278

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Amazing how Liberals resort to name calling like homophobic and bigot to people that have a difference of opinion with them....And they call us the intolerant ones...
    Amazing how wingnuts think that any opinion contrary to theirs is automatically "liberal." I'd ask if you realised there are plenty of right wing people who believe there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but I know you of old VOR, so I know there's no point.
    -Ant

    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    -Voltaire

  7. #417
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    So what word would you assign to someone who justifies their opinions by reference to a term like "unnatural," which they can't even define? Who jettisons their argument's constructs the moment their construct doesn't fit their conclusions?

    Bigotry is all about starting with a conclusion that condemns others and then searching around for a justification to support it.
    Horse puckey, Its called and opinion, they might have gotten it from their religion or some other place......That does not make them homophobic or a bigot......I am totally against gay marriage for the reasons I have mentioned over and over again in this forum and in this thread and I am no bigot or homophobe...
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #418
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Antagony View Post
    Amazing how wingnuts think that any opinion contrary to theirs is automatically "liberal." I'd ask if you realised there are plenty of right wing people who believe there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but I know you of old VOR, so I know there's no point.
    Your from Northern England (actually been there) a liberal and a conservative mean different things here then they do there.....In this country most liberals favor gay marriage, most Conservatives do not..Read the names on the poll and how they voted........You might just learn something.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #419
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,530

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Antagony View Post
    Amazing! The argument that homosexuality is unnatural has been repeated so often it's become a mantra for the homophobic; and the minute rational thinkers show evidence that counters that argument--evidence from actual nature, no less--they are condemned as "absurd" for bringing animal behaviour into the discussion. Talk about creating a no-win situation.
    No. This is so typical of someone who just jumps in and has no clue about the over all discussion.

    1 person tried to say it was unnatural. I then said that is ridicules. And is no more rational than using animals as a standard to judge humans.

    So you can leave the homophone crap at home, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #420
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,530

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    So what word would you assign to someone who justifies their opinions by reference to a term like "unnatural," which they can't even define?
    Please point out where I said homosexuality is unnatural? I did in fact say the exact opposit.

    Who jettisons their argument's constructs the moment their construct doesn't fit their conclusions?
    Well you are going to be hard pressed to show this since no one has done this at thsi point on either side.

    Bigotry is all about starting with a conclusion that condemns others and then searching around for a justification to support it.
    No. Bigotry here is about making untrue blanket statements.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-19-10 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •