View Poll Results: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes,-- everybody should be treated equal

    95 40.95%
  • No--some people should recieve preferential treatment

    137 59.05%
Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 847

Thread: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

  1. #361
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Here is my statement for those who want to mischaracterize what I said..

    "The whole nature argument for either side is absurde.

    In nature it does occur usually as a response to a lack of adult females. As soon as more females are introduced, it stops. This makes it no less natural.

    On the other side we have "A natural law." It is also a natural law that many animals eat their own young. Using some kind of natural law argument is just silly. Humans do not base our laws on animals.
    " - Blackdog

    Now understand and stop with the knee jerk reactions.
    Read the article I just posted.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  2. #362
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,505

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Read the article I just posted.
    My comment agrees with the article.

    What part of...

    "This makes it no less natural"

    Are people missing????

    My whole point is trying to use animals who do not have our ability to reason etc for or against homosexuality is absurd.

    The problem here is people are viewing anything I say in tunnel vision.

    I am not anti gay, I am not against gays having the same rights as married couples in a Civil Union. I am against it being called marraige. Two men or women do not make a marraige as far as I am concerned. Never has, never will. Until God comes down to tell me personally it is OK, I will not support it or the lifestyle, period.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-19-10 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #363
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My comment agrees with the article.

    What part of...

    "This makes it no less natural"

    Are people missing????

    My whole point is trying to use animals who do not have our ability to reason etc for or against homosexuality is absurd.

    The problem here is people are viewing anything I say in tunnel vision.
    Either you're having a hard time putting in words what you're thoughts are or... you're just wrong. The article makes no connection to homosexuality increasing when females are not around. You say, "This makes it no less natural" and then say we can't use animals to gauge homosexuality in humans. The article is all about it being "natural".
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #364
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I did not imply anything.
    Yes, you did by way of not using a qualifier such as "some".

    The statement is also not erroneous.
    It is unless you say "some". If you don't say some, then you applying the statement to all, and that is erroneous.


    Thanks for completely ignoring and/or missing my point. Why don't you go and read it, and pay close attention to the last part.
    Yup, I saw the last part. Which doesn't make the first part any less incorrect.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am not anti gay, I am not against gays having the same rights as married couples in a Civil Union. I am against it being called marraige. Two men or women do not make a marraige as far as I am concerned. Never has, never will. Until God comes down to tell me personally it is OK, I will not support it or the lifestyle, period.
    Your 'god' doesn't have anything to do with our country's legal marriage contract.

  5. #365
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,505

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Either you're having a hard time putting in words what you're thoughts are or... you're just wrong. The article makes no connection to homosexuality increasing when females are not around.
    It happens in the case of Giraffes etc. as I quoted. I never said this was the only thing, I also said it IS natural. I pointed out 1 example. Not the only one.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    You say, "This makes it no less natural" and then say we can't use animals to gauge homosexuality in humans. The article is all about it being "natural".
    Animals also eat there own feces. Dogs eat cat feces. Chimps eat other monkeys etc. They eat their own young.

    Animals are not something we can gage human kind by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #366
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,505

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yes, you did by way of not using a qualifier such as "some".
    That is your assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    It is unless you say "some". If you don't say some, then you applying the statement to all, and that is erroneous.
    It is not erroneous as I have shown.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yup, I saw the last part. Which doesn't make the first part any less incorrect.
    And yet you still make an incorrect assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Your 'god' doesn't have anything to do with our country's legal marriage contract.
    So what? Just ignore the rest and completely ignore my point.

    Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #367
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Yes! Gay folks should have every right to be miserable, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #368
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Chimps eat other monkeys etc.
    This is really no different than a human eating a monkey. Or a human eating a chimp for that matter. Chimps aren't monkeys.

    Chimps eating other chimps is a different story, but humans have been known to eat other humans as well.

    Aside from correcting this technical mistake, I agree that just because something might be natural/unnatural, it's naturalness doesn't have a bearing on it being moral/immoral.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 01-19-10 at 01:02 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #369
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    This is really no different than a human eating a monkey. Or a human eating a chimp for that matter. Chimps aren't monkeys.

    Chimps eating other chimps is a different story, but humans have been known to eat other humans as well.

    Aside from correcting this technical mistake, I agree that just because something might be natural/unnatural, it's naturalness doesn't have a bearing on it being moral/immoral.

    So would that mean morality is unnatural?

  10. #370
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It happens in the case of Giraffes etc. as I quoted. I never said this was the only thing, I also said it IS natural. I pointed out 1 example. Not the only one.
    You didn't read the article... did you?

    Animals also eat there own feces. Dogs eat cat feces. Chimps eat other monkeys etc. They eat their own young.
    Apples and oranges.

    However, humans kill their young too. Ever hear of Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome?

    Animals are not something we can gage human kind by.
    Science is a wonderful thing. Check it out some time.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •