View Poll Results: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes,-- everybody should be treated equal

    95 40.95%
  • No--some people should recieve preferential treatment

    137 59.05%
Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 847

Thread: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

  1. #351
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    As soon as I start treating a racial or ethnic group differently, I will let you know.
    I guess assuming you could read into a dictionary definition was too much to ask.

    G'day mate
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  2. #352
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,527

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I guess assuming you could read into a dictionary definition was too much to ask.

    G'day mate
    Yes ignore the rest, that is what you are best at.

    Dishonest to the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #353
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes ignore the rest, that is what you are best at.
    I choose to cut my losses when people like you simply can't move forward with a discussion but, stubbornly keep making the same points even tho you have been proved wrong.

    Next...
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #354
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,527

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I choose to cut my losses when people like you simply can't move forward with a discussion but, stubbornly keep making the same points even tho you have been proved wrong.

    Next...
    Pot meet kettle.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-19-10 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #355
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Moderator's Warning:
    Should Same Sex People be allowed to MarryThe next person that calls or blatantly implies another poster is a coward, a moron, or anything besides it is getting smacked with point. Ditto for anyone continuing to turn this into a personal slugfest rather than stay on topic. Only warning. Get it back on topic and civil

  6. #356
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Some do and no it does not go on and on, this does not make my statement wrong or nonfactual.
    Actually it does since you implied that ALL animals that engage in homosexual behavior do so only due to lack of the opposite gender and stop as soon as females/males are reintroduced. Obviously, that's not true. If you wanted to quantify that statement with the fact that only *some* do that, then you should have done so when you made the erroneous statement.

    No.

    Not even close.
    Yeah, killing your offspring is nothing at all like killing your offspring. How silly of me!

  7. #357
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    1,500 animal species practice homosexuality
    23. October 2006 16:28

    Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals. Many animals solve conflicts by practicing same gender sex.

    From the middle of October until next summer the Norwegian Natural History Museum of the University of Oslo will host the first exhibition that focuses on homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

    "One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Petter Boeckman, who is the academic advisor for the "Against Nature's Order?" exhibition.

    The most well-known homosexual animal is the dwarf chimpanzee, one of humanity's closes relatives. The entire species is bisexual. Sex plays an conspicuous role in all their activities and takes the focus away from violence, which is the most typical method of solving conflicts among primates and many other animals.

    "Sex among dwarf chimpanzees is in fact the business of the whole family, and the cute little ones often lend a helping hand when they engage in oral sex with each other."

    Lions are also homosexual. Male lions often band together with their brothers to lead the pride. To ensure loyalty, they strengthen the bonds by often having sex with each other.

    Homosexuality is also quite common among dolphins and killer whales. The pairing of males and females is fleeting, while between males, a pair can stay together for years. Homosexual sex between different species is not unusual either. Meetings between different dolphin species can be quite violent, but the tension is often broken by a "sex orgy".

    Homosexuality is a social phenomenon and is most widespread among animals with a complex herd life.

    Among the apes it is the females that create the continuity within the group. The social network is maintained not only by sharing food and the child rearing, but also by having sex. Among many of the female apes the sex organs swell up. So they rub their abdomens against each other," explains Petter Bockman and points out that animals have sex because they have the desire to, just like we humans.

    Homosexual behaviour has been observed in 1,500 animal species.

    "We're talking about everything from mammals to crabs and worms. The actual number is of course much higher. Among some animals homosexual behaviour is rare, some having sex with the same gender only a part of their life, while other animals, such as the dwarf chimpanzee, homosexuality is practiced throughout their lives."
    from: 1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

    Fascinating stuff.
    Last edited by ADK_Forever; 01-19-10 at 11:47 AM.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  8. #358
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,527

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Actually it does since you implied that ALL animals that engage in homosexual behavior do so only due to lack of the opposite gender and stop as soon as females/males are reintroduced. Obviously, that's not true. If you wanted to quantify that statement with the fact that only *some* do that, then you should have done so when you made the erroneous statement.
    I did not imply anything. I stated a fact as an example of why that argument does not work. You assumed things that were not stated.

    The statement is also not erroneous.

    "Another argument that has been raging has been the statistical fact that the majority of giraffe couplings are homosexual in nature. When observed in action, it seems that over ninety percent of mountings are between males. However, when the males come in to contact with females when they are in estrus then they invariably will go with them."

    Thanks for completely ignoring and/or missing my point. Why don't you go and read it, and pay close attention to the last part.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yeah, killing your offspring is nothing at all like killing your offspring. How silly of me!
    Swing and a miss! Strike 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #359
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,527

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Here is my statement for those who want to mischaracterize what I said..

    "The whole nature argument for either side is absurde.

    In nature it does occur usually as a response to a lack of adult females. As soon as more females are introduced, it stops. This makes it no less natural.

    On the other side we have "A natural law." It is also a natural law that many animals eat their own young. Using some kind of natural law argument is just silly. Humans do not base our laws on animals.
    " - Blackdog

    Now understand and stop with the knee jerk reactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #360
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Please folks, I'm no moderator, but let's try to stay on topic here. No hair pullin and no spittin. It is unbecoming---there is a Topic here, use it.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •