View Poll Results: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes,-- everybody should be treated equal

    95 40.95%
  • No--some people should recieve preferential treatment

    137 59.05%
Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 847

Thread: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

  1. #311
    Advisor Rassales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You have got to be kidding???
    You thought the New Testament was written in English?


    Has nothing to do with my comment. This comment also pretty much sums up your Biblical knowledge.
    I know enough to tell that an ancient text can't be interpreted using language concepts that didn't exist when it was written, and that in order to understand any text, you need to consult the original language, not some word with a 150 year pedigree substituted in for a much more specific concept.

    Rather than rail about my ignorance (which is as easy to do for an ignorant person as for a learned one), perhaps you could tell me by what dogma you get to pay close attention to one rule but completely ignore another just half-a-page away.
    They had prostitutes around correct? Well if that is the case, it pretty much blows your only for breeding scenario clean out of the water.
    Not sure how that fits here. Was sex with prostitutes considered licit by religious authorities among the ancient Hebrews?
    Well why don't you cast the first stone?
    I'll leave that to religious authorities. They're good at it.
    Last edited by Rassales; 01-18-10 at 11:19 PM.

  2. #312
    User Reality Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    59

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    I don't see why the government sponsors marriage anyways. If it is indeed a religious institution then the government should have no part in it. If it isn't a religious institution then anyone who wants the legal benefits of marriage should be able to do it without discrimination. Marriage benefits, whether gay or not, are discriminatory to single people.
    Should government support those radical ideas that destroy the fabric of society, are generally against nature, and in fact, if taken to its extreme, mean the extinction of the human race?
    Is gay marriage, and societies acceptance of same, OK because it is a small minority of the population? What if a majority of the population were gay? Would it still be responsible for government to support it knowing the ramifications of a dwindling national population?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

  3. #313
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Land View Post
    Should government support those radical ideas that destroy the fabric of society, are generally against nature, and in fact, if taken to its extreme, mean the extinction of the human race?
    You mean like couples getting married who cannot or will not have children?

    *GASP* OMG! TEH HORROR!

    Please.

    Is gay marriage, and societies acceptance of same, OK because it is a small minority of the population? What if a majority of the population were gay? Would it still be responsible for government to support it knowing the ramifications of a dwindling national population?
    The government isn't "supporting" anything. Allowing same sex marriage simply allows same sex couples to enter into a single legal contract to achieve benefits and privileges that would otherwise require them months, attorney fees, and numerous individual legal contracts to achieve. Allowing same sex couples to enter into a legal contract isn't "supporting" them. It's allowing them the same rights as other couple have.

  4. #314
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Land View Post
    Should government support those radical ideas that destroy the fabric of society, are generally against nature, and in fact, if taken to its extreme, mean the extinction of the human race?
    Is gay marriage, and societies acceptance of same, OK because it is a small minority of the population? What if a majority of the population were gay? Would it still be responsible for government to support it knowing the ramifications of a dwindling national population?
    As soon as you mentioned "against nature" and "extinction of the human race" I knew you had no clue. The first is an appeal to nature logical fallacy... so you fail, and the second is ridiculous because approximately 4% of the population has been gay since recorded history... and we still exist... so you fail.

    So, since you have presented no logical or substantial ramifications, do you want to try again?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #315
    User Reality Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    59

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    You mean like couples getting married who cannot or will not have children?

    *GASP* OMG! TEH HORROR!

    Please.
    At least they have the option of procreating and you are talking about a vast minority. Hardley a good comparison. And not all people should have children based on their IQ. Some genes pools just need to end. :roll

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    The government isn't "supporting" anything. Allowing same sex marriage simply allows same sex couples to enter into a single legal contract to achieve benefits and privileges that would otherwise require them months, attorney fees, and numerous individual legal contracts to achieve. Allowing same sex couples to enter into a legal contract isn't "supporting" them. It's allowing them the same rights as other couple have.
    Well, I guess our definition of support is different then. Nice spin.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

  6. #316
    User Reality Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    59

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As soon as you mentioned "against nature" and "extinction of the human race" I knew you had no clue. The first is an appeal to nature logical fallacy... so you fail, and the second is ridiculous because approximately 4% of the population has been gay since recorded history... and we still exist... so you fail.
    So your telling me that because it has always been so it is good and should get support? Evil has existed since recorded history, does that make it OK? I did not say that the population would be majority gay should government support gay marriage, I suggested that if you take it to the extreme and apply the litmus test as to the results it would be disastrous for the nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    So, since you have presented no logical or substantial ramifications, do you want to try again?
    Just because you failed to understand my points does not make them wrong, it just makes you suspect. No, I think I will stick with what I said.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

  7. #317
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Land View Post
    At least they have the option of procreating and you are talking about a vast minority.
    You mean similar to homosexuals?

    And no, people who cannot conceive do not have the option to conceive.

    Hardley a good comparison.
    How so?

    And not all people should have children based on their IQ. Some genes pools just need to end. :roll
    I agree. Maybe we should start with people who are against giving equal rights to others?


    Well, I guess our definition of support is different then. Nice spin.
    What spin?
    Last edited by rivrrat; 01-19-10 at 12:25 AM.

  8. #318
    Advisor Rassales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Land View Post
    it would be disastrous for the nation.
    What exactly would be the disaster? What's evil about it? Even the idea that it's "unnatural" doesn't hold up to scrutiny, since we find same-sex sexuality in all sorts of animal species.

  9. #319
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Land View Post
    So your telling me that because it has always been so it is good and should get support? Evil has existed since recorded history, does that make it OK? I did not say that the population would be majority gay should government support gay marriage, I suggested that if you take it to the extreme and apply the litmus test as to the results it would be disastrous for the nation.
    And since this has never happened, your point is irrelevant. Further, if you are claiming that homosexuality is "bad" that's not much of an argument. You'd have to substantiate it.



    Just because you failed to understand my points does not make them wrong, it just makes you suspect. No, I think I will stick with what I said.
    I understood your points perfectly. They were wrong and showed no insight or understanding of the issue. If you want to stick with them, that's fine, but recognize that they are just that... wrong, uninsightful, and demonstrate a lack of understanding.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 01-19-10 at 12:26 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #320
    User Reality Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    59

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    What exactly would be the disaster? What's evil about it? Even the idea that it's "unnatural" doesn't hold up to scrutiny, since we find same-sex sexuality in all sorts of animal species.
    Are you now putting the Humane race on the same level as lower animal life forms?
    Yes, there are many examples of homosexual activity in lower life forms. But they have an excuse, they are lower life forms.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •