View Poll Results: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes,-- everybody should be treated equal

    95 40.95%
  • No--some people should recieve preferential treatment

    137 59.05%
Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 847

Thread: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Jerry... you've GOT to be kidding.
    Phishing, actually.


    Notice how I posted the image without comment, and then assumptions abounded.

    It's quite telling.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-16-10 at 02:10 PM.

  2. #182
    Advisor Rassales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Phishing, actually.


    Notice how I posted the image without comment, and then assumptions abounded.

    It's quite telling.
    So you want to suggest something "telling" about what we THOUGHT you meant? And your whole intention was to point that out--except that you haven't actually pointed anything out?

    This is a tactic for avoiding an argument, not participating in one. It's an inherently disingenuous action, much more disingenuous than the poll, which is kind of an outright challenge to prove that prohibiting same-sex marriage ISN'T unequal treatment. Your post is just a bigoted piece of ****.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    So you want to suggest something "telling" about what we THOUGHT you meant? And your whole intention was to point that out--except that you haven't actually pointed anything out?

    This is a tactic for avoiding an argument, not participating in one. It's an inherently disingenuous action, much more disingenuous than the poll, which is kind of an outright challenge to prove that prohibiting same-sex marriage ISN'T unequal treatment. Your post is just a bigoted piece of ****.
    This is a bait thread, games like this are what this thread is all about

    Why don't you stop crying and bait me back

  4. #184
    Advisor Rassales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This is a bait thread, games like this are what this thread is all about

    Why don't you stop crying and bait me back
    I'd rather actually prove you got nothin'.

  5. #185
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Phishing, actually.


    Notice how I posted the image without comment, and then assumptions abounded.

    It's quite telling.
    I had a feeling you were testing. Regardless, my comments stand. And truthfully, Jer... the phishing is starting to get old.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I had a feeling you were testing. Regardless, my comments stand. And truthfully, Jer... the phishing is starting to get old.
    Not as old as these partisan polls

  7. #187
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Not as old as these partisan polls
    Jerry... if you don't like the thread, don't post on it. There are plenty of others... even several on this particular topic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Jerry... if you don't like the thread, don't post on it.
    If you don't like gay 'marriage, don't marry a gay; if you don't like abortion, don't have one; if you don't like slavery, don't own one; if you don't like child support, don't pay it

    Gotta love that logic

    I was enjoying my exchange with Zef, but I guess he realized the trap he fell into and stopped responding, so I sprang another, just like the OP did.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    There are plenty of others... even several on this particular topic.
    There are new threads on this topic? As in 'made within the last 48 hours'? Thanks Capt'n I'll check that out

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    I brought this up on another thread the other night. It just kind of rolled out in response to a "Gays getting married" thread.--but the more I think about,the more it seems like a legitimate question. I ask why would two people of the same sex, have to be homosexual to get married? --Because once married, they would then be able enjoy the benefits that go along with being married. Such as tax Breaks, special insurance rates, and so on. If Two Homo Men can get Married legally, then why couldn't two straight Men get married also? (Not that I would want to, but just sayin) Just seems to be more discrimination against Straight Guys to me. Male is Male, and Female is Female, regardless of sexual orientation.-So my question is, if made legal, should two people of the same sex be allowed to marry, whether they are Homosexuals or not? ---this could be interesting
    Gay marriage is not an equality issue.

    It never was.

    I suspect gay 'marriage will go the rout of women's right to vote: SCOTUS will claim the right does not exist, and then we will have to create an amendment to establish it.

  10. #190
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should Same Sex People be allowed to Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Gay marriage is not an equality issue.

    It never was.

    I suspect gay 'marriage will go the rout of women's right to vote: SCOTUS will claim the right does not exist, and then we will have to create an amendment to establish it.
    All I know is--If Gay Guys can get married, and reap the benefits, than Straight Guys should have the same rights.---I don't think either is right, but it is not my business what two people do. As long as they are all covered equally under the Law. --I'm so over special privilege for one group---and zero for another. fair is fair.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •