View Poll Results: Burqa ban+fine, example to follow or shy

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • This law should be completely implemented in the West

    9 18.00%
  • This law is a must in general

    1 2.00%
  • This law is good

    4 8.00%
  • The law is not good

    29 58.00%
  • Other opinion(explain).

    7 14.00%
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 284

Thread: French law could see fines for burqas

  1. #161
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I know! Thinking that you're actually promoting women's freedom while taking away their choice IS a stupid, ignorant position to take. Not to mention sexist, condescending, and misogynistic.
    Yeah, you've said that. It was just as moronic and ignorant then as it is now.

    I imagine you probably think it's just like the S & M you say you enjoy where the women involved are just getting their sexual jollies out of it like you do. Unlike your little fantasy S & M lifestyle, however, there are no safe words for these women, as so many face serious abuse if they do not comply.

    Let us know next time any of your S & M sex partners slice your mouth open to teach you a lesson about disobeying, or when you are gang raped to within an inch of your life, o.k.? Until then, I suggest you learn the difference between your sexual fetishes and real life.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #162
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Yeah, you've said that. It was just as moronic and ignorant then as it is now.

    I imagine you probably think it's just like the S & M you say you enjoy where the women involved are just getting their sexual jollies out of it like you do. Unlike your little fantasy S & M lifestyle, however, there are no safe words for these women, as so many face serious abuse if they do not comply.

    Let us know next time any of your S & M sex partners slice your mouth open to teach you a lesson about disobeying, or when you are gang raped to within an inch of your life, o.k.? Until then, I suggest you learn the difference between your sexual fetishes and real life.
    Oh give me a ****ing break. They live in western societies with governments that will protect them. If someone did abuse me, I'd have them arrested. If I didn't have them arrested and instead continued to 'obey' them and suffer abuse, well... that would be my choice.

    Aside from that fact, there are many thousands of women who want to wear the burqa for religious reasons, that is also their choice. I wanted to wear something quite similar while in India, and it wasn't even for religious reasons! You wish to remove that choice from all women but disguise your condescending, sexist attitude inside of some shining white knight bull****. Get over yourself. You don't advance women's rights by taking them away.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    there are no safe words for these women, as so many face serious abuse if they do not comply.

    partners slice your mouth open to teach you a lesson about disobeying, or when you are gang raped to within an inch of your life
    I edited out your unnecessary jabs at rivrrat and would like to ask you this: How would a law banning niqabs and burqas fix any of these terrible and very real problems you speak of? How is fining these women (the victims of this abuse) over a 1000 dollars a pop ever going to help them in any way shape or form?

    None of this will help anyone other than a handful of short-sighted politicans. Don't you see that? There has to be another way to help liberate these women from the oppression they live with. Forcing them into western style clothes is not going to change the way their husbands, fathers, brothers see them. It will not reduce the amount of violence they endure. It may even make their situation worse.

    Attacking the symbol will accomplish NOTHING.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #164
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Oh give me a ****ing break. They live in western societies with governments that will protect them. If someone did abuse me, I'd have them arrested. If I didn't have them arrested and instead continued to 'obey' them and suffer abuse, well... that would be my choice.

    Aside from that fact, there are many thousands of women who want to wear the burqa for religious reasons, that is also their choice. I wanted to wear something quite similar while in India, and it wasn't even for religious reasons! You wish to remove that choice from all women but disguise your condescending, sexist attitude inside of some shining white knight bull****. Get over yourself. You don't advance women's rights by taking them away.
    You know absolutely nothing about the lives these women lead, and so are afforded your preconceptions because you live such a pampered life, you just can't image anybody else living any other way.


    I would suggest people in this thread learn a little something about the status of Muslim women living in the projects by investigating this group

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni_Putes_Ni_Soumises]Ni Putes Ni Soumises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    They are real feminists.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #165
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I edited out your unnecessary jabs at rivrrat and would like to ask you this: How would a law banning niqabs and burqas fix any of these terrible and very real problems you speak of? How is fining these women (the victims of this abuse) over a 1000 dollars a pop ever going to help them in any way shape or form?

    None of this will help anyone other than a handful of short-sighted politicans. Don't you see that? There has to be another way to help liberate these women from the oppression they live with. Forcing them into western style clothes is not going to change the way their husbands, fathers, brothers see them. It will not reduce the amount of violence they endure. It may even make their situation worse.

    Attacking the symbol will accomplish NOTHING.
    and what of Riverrat's unrelenting Jabs at me, eh? Her initial post to me was extremely hostile, and was nothing more than a personal attack.

    As far as the adoption of western style dress, I see this as symbolic, but agree with you that MUCH more needs to be done. For starters, the French police should be much more active in the projects, the prosecution of rapists needs to be more aggressive, the punishments need to be more severe, and there needs to be a nationwide effort geared towards assimilation. I see the elimination of this symbol that a human being is chattel to be one small step in that particular direction.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #166
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    You know absolutely nothing about the lives these women lead, and so are afforded your preconceptions because you live such a pampered life, you just can't image anybody else living any other way.
    Oh please, oh knowledgeable one, please enlighten me as to what my "preconceptions" are. Because, as a western MAN, I'm sure you know so much more than any of the rest of us what I and everyone else know and think.
    Last edited by rivrrat; 01-16-10 at 12:03 PM.

  7. #167
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,188

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    They live in western societies with governments that will protect them.
    The fact that you seriously believe this statement is what, above all, shows that you are not aware of the way the Islamic communities handle, even in a Western state.

    That is why your position is based on ignorance while Gardener's is based on the knowledge of what will happen to many of the women who will dare to disobey their society's codes.

    If I would have gone down to your level, I would say that you only believe you are promoting women freedom while you're actually promoting their murder by the honor killing code.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #168
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The fact that you seriously believe this statement is what, above all, shows that you are not aware of the way the Islamic communities handle, even in a Western state.
    You're implying that our government wouldn't protect them because they're Muslim?

    That is why your position is based on ignorance while Gardener's is based on the knowledge of what will happen to many of the women who will dare to disobey their society's codes.
    No, his position is based on sexism, arrogance, and misogyny.


    If I would have gone down to your level, I would say that you only believe you are promoting women freedom while you're actually promoting their murder by the honor killing code.
    Yeah, I'd love to see the mental gymnastics on that one.

  9. #169
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,188

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    You're implying that our government wouldn't protect them because they're Muslim?
    No, read again.
    I am implying that those things happen in Western nations' Islamic communities too, way more fluently than you seem to realize.
    No, his position is based on sexism, arrogance, and misogyny.
    That's your opinion.
    From my point of view his position is based on the knowledge of the code-breaking woman's fate.
    Yeah, I'd love to see the mental gymnastics on that one.
    I'm sure you would, like Rush Limbaugh would love seeing Barack Obama get re-elected.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #170
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Oh please, oh knowledgeable one, please enlighten me as to what my "preconceptions" are.
    Well, for starters, that Muslim women living in ghettos are just like you.


    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Because, as a western MAN, I'm sure you know so much more than any of the rest of us what I and everyone else know and think.
    I will simply highlight this one in such a way as to hope anybody with half a brain would realize who is being sexist here.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •