View Poll Results: Burqa ban+fine, example to follow or shy

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • This law should be completely implemented in the West

    9 18.00%
  • This law is a must in general

    1 2.00%
  • This law is good

    4 8.00%
  • The law is not good

    29 58.00%
  • Other opinion(explain).

    7 14.00%
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 284

Thread: French law could see fines for burqas

  1. #131
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    Excellent law, perhaps it is the begining of the movement to defend Europe.
    From what, heat exhaustion?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #132
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    again, I point out how it is mostly conservatives arguing for womens rights, while the left argues in favor of systematic degradation of women.
    Holy ****ing ****, are you kidding me? You're arguing to BAN a clothing choice. You're arguing to remove a woman's right to choose what clothing she can wear and you want to sit there and pretend you're being righteous by doing that? PRETEND that you're protecting women because obviously they're too psychologically frail to make decisions for themselves?!?

    What you are doing is misogynistic and insulting to ALL women. To even sit there and try to say that you're fighting for women's rights while at the same time stating that they're too ****ed in the head to decide for themselves what to do so you will decide for them is just the epitome of a self-righteous, sexist, misogynistic ..... grrrr.... I'll refrain from further words because I'll probably get dinged for it.

    As a woman, all I have to say is please STOP "fighting for women's rights". Please. Because that's a far cry from what you are doing.

  3. #133
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Im not in favour.However i dislike the burka and think is often forced however i dont think a government is capable of deciding the difference.

    So i will stay with my personnel opinion of thinking its wrong, backward and misogynistic.Without asking for it to be banned.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  4. #134
    Educator
    ScummyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    From what, heat exhaustion?
    Actually, long flowing robes are specifically designed to cool the body. Hence their popularity in desert regions.
    Last edited by ScummyD; 01-15-10 at 11:16 PM.
    "Muslims are OBLIGATED to raid the lands of the infidels, occupy them, and exchange their systems of governance for an Islamic system. . .They say that our sharia does not impose our particular beliefs upon others; this is a false assertion. For it is, in fact, part of our religion to IMPOSE our particular beliefs upon others." -bin Laden

  5. #135
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Holy ****ing ****, are you kidding me? You're arguing to BAN a clothing choice. You're arguing to remove a woman's right to choose what clothing she can wear and you want to sit there and pretend you're being righteous by doing that? PRETEND that you're protecting women because obviously they're too psychologically frail to make decisions for themselves?!?

    What you are doing is misogynistic and insulting to ALL women. To even sit there and try to say that you're fighting for women's rights while at the same time stating that they're too ****ed in the head to decide for themselves what to do so you will decide for them is just the epitome of a self-righteous, sexist, misogynistic ..... grrrr.... I'll refrain from further words because I'll probably get dinged for it.

    As a woman, all I have to say is please STOP "fighting for women's rights". Please. Because that's a far cry from what you are doing.
    Such an angry post at such an imaginary position. Maybe you didn't read his post right. Here was the main point:

    I agree. For so many Mulsim women, the "choice" is between wearing the Burqa and being beaten, knifed or raped.

    He's not against a "woman's right to choose" anything, and I find it odd that you would claim that he was without addressing his actual argument.

  6. #136
    Educator
    ScummyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,130

    Bikinis vs. Burqas

    "Muslims are OBLIGATED to raid the lands of the infidels, occupy them, and exchange their systems of governance for an Islamic system. . .They say that our sharia does not impose our particular beliefs upon others; this is a false assertion. For it is, in fact, part of our religion to IMPOSE our particular beliefs upon others." -bin Laden

  7. #137
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Such an angry post at such an imaginary position. Maybe you didn't read his post right. Here was the main point:




    He's not against a "woman's right to choose" anything, and I find it odd that you would claim that he was without addressing his actual argument.
    Anyone who is for a ban, is against a woman's right to choose what to wear.

  8. #138
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    He's not against a "woman's right to choose" anything, and I find it odd that you would claim that he was without addressing his actual argument.
    If he's for a ban, he's against her right to choose.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Anyone who is for a ban, is against a woman's right to choose what to wear.
    Not that I agree with this law, but Gardener does have a valid point. Many Muslim women don't really choose to wear the Burka.

  10. #140
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: French law could see fines for burqas

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Not that I agree with this law, but Gardener does have a valid point. Many Muslim women don't really choose to wear the Burka.
    LOTS of women don't choose to wear it. Obviously. But some do.

    Let them choose, either way.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •