View Poll Results: Should we legalize pot?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    110 79.71%
  • no

    24 17.39%
  • I forget

    4 2.90%
  • bang a gong

    3 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 537

Thread: Should marijuana be legalized?

  1. #331
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,670

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    The laws concerning those two are quite different from each other.

    So which will it be?

    Legal like cigarettes? Or legal like Booze?
    Legal like booze most likely. With the same responsibilities and penalties.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #332
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Medical effects be damned, the hophead has as much right to destroy his one and only body with heroin as the pothead has to damage his body with marijuana as the sanctimonious regulating tee-totaller has sticking his head up his ass.
    I agree, which is my issue with ignorant arguments like Tsunami and Liberal are making, because THEY are like birthers and truthers...making ridiculous asinine arguments that turn average people OFF of the notion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    No matter how many times you call the argument stupid, I'm still right and you're still wrong. If you really want to convince me, go drink two gallons of water in 15 minutes and tell me whether you survive or not.
    Actually, no, you're not, and the idiotic comment you just made shows it. I'm not going to go and drink two gallons of water in 15 minutes because its ****ing idiotic and NO ONE does that unless they're doing it due to some external reason adding to it, like a competition.

    You're delusional on this point, and you're the marijuana equivalent of those saying Obama is Kenyan. You're just as damaging to your cause as they are and your point is just as laughably stupid

  3. #333
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    But why make it easier?
    Why is it your business? Pot, if anything, would be safer as it could be regulated by the government or an open market. Kids would proably use it less, as dealers don't check ID. Also, there is no evidence that other forms of prohibition drove done use. Countries that have decriminilized drugs haven't reported a significant increase in use
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  4. #334
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    That's right.
    So are you saying the externalities of alcohol use are acceptable?
    All the regulations, sales restrictions and taxation have failed to keep people safe from causing damage to themselves and others through irrational, addictive overconsumption.
    And the 18th Amendment made things 10Xs worse
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  5. #335
    Borg Commander roderic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    879

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Ah, the rise of the bull**** "externalities".

    "You can't be free", they say, "think of the externalities!"
    Oh dear, you can see right through my charade, asking a question on topic was just a charade to hide my true intention, which is to take away the freedom of pot-smokers, remind me why I want to do this?
    Ah, here it is:
    If they don't have the money and the god damned mealy mouthed pious hypocritical socialists who babble endlessly about "externalities" are too damned cheap to contribute their own money to charity, I guess they die in the gutter.
    I understand, and take your criticism on. I shall grow some weed and distribute it to homeless dope-smokers, so they won't get too depressed. If they want more free handouts, nobody stops them from getting the next bus to Canada or some other socialist dictatorship where they steal money from honest citizens and give it to bums and losers.
    "REGRETTABLE NECESSITY, n. An avoidable atrocity. The term is often employed by presidents and prime ministers when announcing bombings of civilian targets and invasions of small countries."
    óChaz Bufe

  6. #336
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Of course. There's no (good) reason not to.
    How do you know it won't cause cancer?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #337
    Borg Commander roderic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    879

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually, no, you're not, and the idiotic comment you just made shows it. I'm not going to go and drink two gallons of water in 15 minutes because its ****ing idiotic and NO ONE does that unless they're doing it due to some external reason adding to it, like a competition.
    Dope-heads do it all the time when they're high, and urge others to do so as well, which is why drugs have to remain illegal.
    It's not some carcinogenic chemicals which make cannabis an evil and destructive drug, but the well-documented reefer madness which makes them do crazy things.
    The permanent brain damage caused is evident in this very thread.
    "REGRETTABLE NECESSITY, n. An avoidable atrocity. The term is often employed by presidents and prime ministers when announcing bombings of civilian targets and invasions of small countries."
    óChaz Bufe

  8. #338
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Did you just seriously try to use 'reefer madness" as a legitimate argument outside of a crappy 60's PSA?

    You score 10 points on the "so strange its awesome" scale

  9. #339
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    Fair enough, but the constant insinuations do annoy me after all, let me say it clearly, once and for all:
    I am not a "toker", I do not like marijuana and partook in a total of 2 joints during the last 30 years.
    This prevents me as little from arguing in favour of legislation as me being hetero stops me supporting gay marriage or being white from objecting to racism.
    Ok add former tokers too.
    I never stated that tokers or former tokers should not have an opinion .
    I stated thet a learned professor's opinion carries more weight IMO than tokers( + former tokers).


    As white people are victims of racism then being one cannot really disqualify you from objecting to it.
    Some gays would argue that being straight disqualifies you from objecting to it.
    There is no medical evidence that shows that either racism or gay marriages have a direct risk of mental illness so there is no value to these comparisons

  10. #340
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,670

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    Dope-heads do it all the time when they're high, and urge others to do so as well, which is why drugs have to remain illegal.
    It's not some carcinogenic chemicals which make cannabis an evil and destructive drug, but the well-documented reefer madness which makes them do crazy things.
    The permanent brain damage caused is evident in this very thread.
    Are you serious? I really can't tell.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •