View Poll Results: Should we legalize pot?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    110 79.71%
  • no

    24 17.39%
  • I forget

    4 2.90%
  • bang a gong

    3 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 537

Thread: Should marijuana be legalized?

  1. #251
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    You can eat it. And there are Nicotine patches and gums. Nicotine itself is still deadly, but at least those eliminate the risk of emphysema and lung cancer. Regular pot smokers actually have a higher risk of lung cancer than cigarette smokers, because they generally don't use a filter. That is one reason why a legitimate doctor would never prescribe marijuana cigarettes to a patient. But pot brownies eliminate this risk.
    People who smoke marijuana do not appear to be at increased risk for developing lung cancer, new research suggests.

    While a clear increase in cancer risk was seen among cigarette smokers in the study, no such association was seen for regular cannabis users.

    Even very heavy, long-term marijuana users who had smoked more than 22,000 joints over a lifetime seemed to have no greater risk than infrequent marijuana users or nonusers.

    The findings surprised the study’s researchers, who expected to see an increase in cancer among people who smoked marijuana regularly in their youth.

    “We know that there are as many or more carcinogens and co-carcinogens in marijuana smoke as in cigarettes,” researcher Donald Tashkin, MD, of UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine tells WebMD. “But we did not find any evidence for an increase in cancer risk for even heavy marijuana smoking.” Carcinogens are substances that cause cancer.

    Tashkin presented the findings today at The American Thoracic Society’s 102nd International Conference, held in San Diego.

    FOXNews.com - Marijuana Does Not Raise Lung Cancer Risk - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

  2. #252
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Water is more dangerous. I wouldn't recommend inhaling.
    Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide
    I'm talking about Water, not the horrible and amazingly dangerous dhmo!



    (seriously, tell me you're not posting that in a serious way, right...?)

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm talking about Water, not the horrible and amazingly dangerous dhmo!



    (seriously, tell me you're not posting that in a serious way, right...?)
    I am sure it is a serious matter to the contestant who od'd on water.

  4. #254
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    You can eat it. And there are Nicotine patches and gums. Nicotine itself is still deadly, but at least those eliminate the risk of emphysema and lung cancer. Regular pot smokers actually have a higher risk of lung cancer than cigarette smokers, because they generally don't use a filter. That is one reason why a legitimate doctor would never prescribe marijuana cigarettes to a patient. But pot brownies eliminate this risk.



    Sounds like someone has never experienced a sugar high.



    In a similar study, 85% of children who hear imaginary voices develop schizophrenia in adulthood. That's a joke, but you see the point? Perhaps people prone to depression or schizophrenia seek out drugs, rather than the other way around.



    We already have strung out stoned druggies for citizens. The difference is, under the current system they have to resort to crime to pay for their addiction. And the profit margins are so high that the drug trade pays for organized crime and terrorist states. The drug war wastes billions of tax dollars. And the prisons are full of non-violent offenders, so much so that the people who are actually dangerous to society are let out early.



    I've never used any illegal drugs and I still want them decriminalized. So your ignorant generalization there is wrong.



    Wrong, not a pothead.



    Wrong, never caused a pregnancy.



    Water is more dangerous. I wouldn't recommend inhaling.
    Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide
    Sugar high? I can see you have never taken drugs

    There is no evidence that most people who are heavy cannabis users with mental health problems are people with mental health problems that happen to smoke dope..the mental health problems seem to get worse the more they smoke so your agument is more idle speculation than anything...



    WE could have a lot more strung out druggies if we abandon control of drugs.
    Please excuse me if I dont take your word that this will not

    If you do not take drugs but want them decriminalised then bully for you.
    If you want all drugs to be available to everyone without restraint then you are as bad as the ones who want it because they dont want to be prosecuted..worse in fact.

  5. #255
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I am sure it is a serious matter to the contestant who od'd on water.
    Yes, water drank in excessively large amounts and then forcibly and purposefully kept within the body despite every attempt by the body to expell it, due to a wilfull attempt by the person in question, can be dangerous.

    99% of the rest of the time, water itself is essentially harmless if not beneficial.

    Taking one fluke incident, in which a number of exterior influences are needed (in this case a person purposefully physically refusing to allow proper and necessary bodily functions to occur), as proof that somehow water is more dangerous that marijuana is absolutely ****ing retarded to put it bluntly.

  6. #256
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    People who smoke marijuana do not appear to be at increased risk for developing lung cancer, new research suggests.

    FOXNews.com - Marijuana Does Not Raise Lung Cancer Risk - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News
    Okay so I guess the science isn't clear on this subject. Seems like common sense to me that inhaling carcinogens damages your lungs, but I suppose I can't disprove your study.

    Cannabis bigger cancer risk than cigarettes: study | Reuters

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    WE could have a lot more strung out druggies if we abandon control of drugs.
    Please excuse me if I dont take your word that this will not

    If you do not take drugs but want them decriminalised then bully for you.
    If you want all drugs to be available to everyone without restraint then you are as bad as the ones who want it because they dont want to be prosecuted..worse in fact.
    You don't have to take my word for it, someone just showed you that is what happened in Portugal. You conveniently ignored that information, I noticed.

    My political position makes me a bad person? It isn't bad just because you say it is bad. My position is logical and supported by numerous experts. Drug use is bad, but the effect of drug laws are worse, and inflict damage on innocent civilians who would never choose to abuse drugs, whether legal or not.
    Last edited by Tsunami; 01-11-10 at 12:36 PM.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    There is no evidence that most people who are heavy cannabis users with mental health problems are people with mental health problems that happen to smoke dope..the mental health problems seem to get worse the more they smoke so your agument is more idle speculation than anything...
    Bull****. You have not shown this.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, water drank in excessively large amounts and then forcibly and purposefully kept within the body despite every attempt by the body to expell it, due to a wilfull attempt by the person in question, can be dangerous.

    99% of the rest of the time, water itself is essentially harmless if not beneficial.

    Taking one fluke incident, in which a number of exterior influences are needed (in this case a person purposefully physically refusing to allow proper and necessary bodily functions to occur), as proof that somehow water is more dangerous that marijuana is absolutely ****ing retarded to put it bluntly.
    I have never heard of anybody od'ing on pot. Why do you cuss and insult me?

  9. #259
    Borg Commander roderic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    879

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    Sugar high? I can see you have never taken drugs
    Sugar is addictive on a similar level to cannabis, I'll look for the article I posted elsewhere before.

    There is no evidence that most people who are heavy cannabis users with mental health problems are people with mental health problems that happen to smoke dope..the mental health problems seem to get worse the more they smoke so your agument is more idle speculation than anything...
    The studies state that they could not establish a causative effect of cannabis, so it's neither one way nor the other.
    Some people self-medicating with it and getting worse rather than better isn't a compelling argument for banning the substance.

    WE could have a lot more strung out druggies if we abandon control of drugs.
    Please excuse me if I dont take your word that this will not
    Your concerns are appropriate, but it is speculation.
    There is the Dutch model to consider, no significant increase there after de-criminalising.

    If you do not take drugs but want them decriminalised then bully for you.
    If you want all drugs to be available to everyone without restraint then you are as bad as the ones who want it because they dont want to be prosecuted..worse in fact.
    Sorry, I fail to follow this, come again?
    Last edited by roderic; 01-11-10 at 12:41 PM.
    "REGRETTABLE NECESSITY, n. An avoidable atrocity. The term is often employed by presidents and prime ministers when announcing bombings of civilian targets and invasions of small countries."
    —Chaz Bufe

  10. #260
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Bull****. You have not shown this.
    Long term smokers are usually the ones that suffer the mental illness.
    Refer to links..
    If long term smokers have more problems then it follows that the more you smoke the worse it gets.
    So its not Bull**** by maybe but not me

Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •