View Poll Results: Should we legalize pot?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    110 79.71%
  • no

    24 17.39%
  • I forget

    4 2.90%
  • bang a gong

    3 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 537

Thread: Should marijuana be legalized?

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    Probably not as much as you have
    Leave it to Beaver.

  2. #232
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Trigger was roy roger's horse.
    And Ernie the fastest milkman in the West's

  3. #233
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Leave it to Beaver.
    Start the oiler up.
    Its time for another sniff

  4. #234
    Borg Commander roderic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    879

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    Trigger as in the same way tobacco can 'trigger' cancer,emphysema,heart disease etc etc
    No, tobacco, or rather the chemicals inhaled, are at least a contributing cause of cancer.
    "Trigger" and "cause" are different terms, and there are very good reasons when a scientific study uses one but not the other.

    Once again do you think that there is a cut off point where the adolescent becomes grown up and thus resistent to the effects of cannabis.
    I responded already.
    to use the example of tobacco again,children were far nore damaged by secondary tobacco smoke adults but adults WERE affected.
    And how does this translate to cannabis? Are you referring to the psychotropic properties or the adverse health effects of the inhaled burned organic material?
    "REGRETTABLE NECESSITY, n. An avoidable atrocity. The term is often employed by presidents and prime ministers when announcing bombings of civilian targets and invasions of small countries."
    óChaz Bufe

  5. #235
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I know from personal experience that marijuana is not addictive as the article in the link asserts. It's a complete fabrication, a total lie.

    In my fifty years of smoking pot there were many marijuana droughts. Sometimes I would go a month without pot. I never had any withdrawal symptoms whatsoever except for maybe eating less.

    If organizations like the dea claim it is addictive they lose all creditability with me.

    I took morphine (prescription) for a few years for back pain. When I quit it I went through about a month of hell on earth. Now, that's addiction.
    Well thank god for your anecdotal evidence. That proves it!


  6. #236
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I think of it firmly in the realm of a strong indicator for pre-existing illness and not a causation of that illness. It is not a completely benign drug, as it has impacts on memory, but I absolutely do not believe it causes depression or schizophrenia.
    The problem is some people are having to argue against people who aren't actually being logical about it like you, and are making outrageously idiotic and worthless claims like WATER is more dangerous for you than marijuana and that there's nothing bad about it.

    Its idiotic arguments and comments like those, akin with the whole notion some have that OMG how dare you say we shouldn't drive and smoke pot, that do more damage to this movement than anything else. Because its ridiculous and idiotic stereotypical stoner coments like that which makes intellectual honest, neutral people in this debate that actually AGREE with legalization but have no stake in it because we haven't been smoking our ass off for 50 years and are just bitter have to turn around and argue AGAINST those that are pushing for legailzation because they're over pushing their hand.

    Its like anything else when you debate. When you begin to become so over the top and idiotic you hurt your sides angle because you weaken it as those that actually are doing it because of PRINCIPLE and not because of their own personal benefits are going to speak out against it. People pushing the idiocy that water is so much more dangerous than marijuana, you should be fine driving with it, that there's nothing bad about it, etc etc is akin to the idiots who push that Obama is a Muslim and is secretly trying to open up the U.S. to Al-Qaeda control. It pushes a point so far to the idiotic extreme that those supporting the same thing (marijuana legal/Obama's policies are bad) HAVE to speak out against you or else they look, and the movement looks, ****ing ridiculous and bad.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well thank god for your anecdotal evidence. That proves it!

    What is your life experience about drug usage? So you have any clues?

  8. #238
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    What is your life experience about drug usage? So you have any clues?
    Nope. Never used it. I have no dog in this fight, which is quite obviously the opposite of you who has a very biased view and attachment to the issue. And mind you, I'm absolutely for legalization of it.

    My only experiene with it is with friends and aquaintences that have taken it. I could throw all sorts of anecdotal evidence around about what I witnessed or was told from them and guess what, it'd be worth as much as your anecdotal evidence.

    About pissing distance past zero.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Nope. Never used it. I have no dog in this fight, which is quite obviously the opposite of you who has a very biased view and attachment to the issue. And mind you, I'm absolutely for legalization of it.

    My only experiene with it is with friends and aquaintences that have taken it. I could throw all sorts of anecdotal evidence around about what I witnessed or was told from them and guess what, it'd be worth as much as your anecdotal evidence.

    About pissing distance past zero.
    You don't "take" marijuana, you smoke it.

  10. #240
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Well, you really cut to the point of my comment

    Godwin's law, anecdotal experience, linguist nazi. You truly are a walking ball of typical cop outs and invalid debate techniques aren't you?

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •