View Poll Results: Should we legalize pot?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    110 79.71%
  • no

    24 17.39%
  • I forget

    4 2.90%
  • bang a gong

    3 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 537

Thread: Should marijuana be legalized?

  1. #181
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    03-18-12 @ 04:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    I've smoked it, ate it, grown it and sold it junior.
    I am not nor ever will be a legislator.
    wow, you must be an expert then! i never said you were a legislator. nor did i say you had never used it. maybe your problem is that you apply personal, anecdotal evidence to everything instead of considering things in a broader perspective and considering the facts (for and against your argument) as a whole?

  2. #182
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Legalizing marijuana is a move to deal with the crime and violence of our prohibition problem. It is to eliminate a black market for the drug, and the crime associated with that (which is heavily slanted towards juvenile perpetrators, and usage).

    After we are able to shrug off the problems associated with the black market (including those Mexicans squatting and destroying our Ntl. Forests), we will be in a better position to deal with marijuana the DRUG problem.

    In order to be able to do anything about the drug problem, we have to get rid of the black market, the crime, and the violence that is sucking our resources down the drain, preventing us from dealing with our DRUG problem.

    A "compromise" with low THC pot will guarantee the continued existence of a black market distribution, we cannot bail out a tub of water with the faucet running still.
    Last edited by marduc; 01-10-10 at 08:38 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  3. #183
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by modobrofo View Post
    wow, you must be an expert then! i never said you were a legislator. nor did i say you had never used it. maybe your problem is that you apply personal, anecdotal evidence to everything instead of considering things in a broader perspective and considering the facts (for and against your argument) as a whole?
    Why because I dont have the same view as you champ?
    Maybe your problem is that you are wrong.

  4. #184
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Legalizing marijuana is a move to deal with the crime and violence of our prohibition problem. It is to eliminate a black market for the drug, and the crime associated with that (which is heavily slanted towards juvenile perpetrators, and usage).

    After we are able to shrug off the problems associated with the black market (including those Mexicans squatting and destroying our Ntl. Forests), we will be in a better position to deal with marijuana the DRUG problem.

    In order to be able to do anything about the drug problem, we have to get rid of the black market, the crime, and the violence that is sucking our resources down the drain, preventing us from dealing with our DRUG problem.

    A "compromise" with low THC pot will guarantee the continued existence of a black market distribution, we cannot bail out a tub of water with the faucet running still.
    Depends how low the thc is.
    If the legal cannabis is strong enough to get high why should most people break the law by buying illegal high thc bud.
    There is obvious flaws in it but letting very high thc onto the market is like selling gut rot moonshine because if you dont people are either going to drink lots of lager until they get the same effect or just buy the illegal gut rot.
    Maybe most people do not want to get wasted and maybe the ones that do need treatment rather than strong drugs.

  5. #185
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    If smoking is wrong, then why is pot right?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #186
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    03-18-12 @ 04:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    Why because I dont have the same view as you champ?
    Maybe your problem is that you are wrong.
    whats with calling me champ and junior all of the sudden? it just makes you sound like an ass. my point is that you are in a thread regarding marijuana legalization, but you refuse to debate the subject and address a coherent argument for it. maybe i am wrong-why don't you try to prove it to me? is that not the point of a debate? if you aren't interested in discussing the arguments of those who disagree with you, you don't belong on a debate website.

    as for your argument that one dangerous substance is enough: hypothetically, do you think that alcohol should be illegal? forgive me if you have mentioned this before.

  7. #187
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    03-18-12 @ 04:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    Depends how low the thc is.
    If the legal cannabis is strong enough to get high why should most people break the law by buying illegal high thc bud.
    There is obvious flaws in it but letting very high thc onto the market is like selling gut rot moonshine because if you dont people are either going to drink lots of lager until they get the same effect or just buy the illegal gut rot.
    Maybe most people do not want to get wasted and maybe the ones that do need treatment rather than strong drugs.
    couldn't those who do not want to get wasted just smoke less? if thc content was included on the package, as it likely would be, people could give themselves as much of a dose as they want. you said yourself that some people want to get wasted and some do not. this implies that those who want to will do so, whether they need to smoke a greater amount of low potency marijuana or buy illegal marijuana. why not legalize and use part of the revenues for treatment programs?

  8. #188
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by modobrofo View Post
    whats with calling me champ and junior all of the sudden? it just makes you sound like an ass. my point is that you are in a thread regarding marijuana legalization, but you refuse to debate the subject and address a coherent argument for it. maybe i am wrong-why don't you try to prove it to me? is that not the point of a debate? if you aren't interested in discussing the arguments of those who disagree with you, you don't belong on a debate website.

    as for your argument that one dangerous substance is enough: hypothetically, do you think that alcohol should be illegal? forgive me if you have mentioned this before.
    One dangerous substance is enough means just that.
    If cannabis was legal and alchohol was not then maybe I would argue that we should make beer and wine legal but not spirits.
    You were the one that stated you were a winner and implied I got my knowledge of cannabis through viewing 'reefer madness'.
    If you can dish it out you should cry when you get it back.

  9. #189
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-03-14 @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    501

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by modobrofo View Post
    couldn't those who do not want to get wasted just smoke less? if thc content was included on the package, as it likely would be, people could give themselves as much of a dose as they want. you said yourself that some people want to get wasted and some do not. this implies that those who want to will do so, whether they need to smoke a greater amount of low potency marijuana or buy illegal marijuana. why not legalize and use part of the revenues for treatment programs?
    High tar cigarettes are known to be more dangerous than lower tar ones.
    Im not referring to the extremely low tar ones but the middling ones that give you a buzz but are not just fresh air.
    People who smoke high tar cigarettes do not generally smoke significantly less of them than people who smoke middle tar ones..hence the danger.
    I have no reason to believe that someone will only smoke half a spliff because it is very strong nor would they put less bud in the joint.

  10. #190
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    High tar cigarettes are known to be more dangerous than lower tar ones.
    Im not referring to the extremely low tar ones but the middling ones that give you a buzz but are not just fresh air.
    People who smoke high tar cigarettes do not generally smoke significantly less of them than people who smoke middle tar ones..hence the danger.
    I have no reason to believe that someone will only smoke half a spliff because it is very strong nor would they put less bud in the joint.
    I disagree. After more than 40 years of smoking, I smoke less now than I ever have. I actually take one toke off a small one hitter, and I'm good for the day. I'm fine tuned like that from years of diligent practice. "Smoking more pot, does not make you higher, it just makes you have less pot"
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •