View Poll Results: Which do you prefer:

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Income tax - no changes in the status quo

    39 19.80%
  • Flat tax - Everyone pays the same %

    67 34.01%
  • National sales tax - don't spend, you don't pay taxes

    47 23.86%
  • No tax - Unconstitutional - rely on private donations

    10 5.08%
  • Other - explain

    21 10.66%
  • Cookies!

    13 6.60%
Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 899

Thread: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

  1. #321
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Then there is the issue of whether I am a rightist. If you are a fascist and I disagree with you then I guess I am. Funny, I have never thought of myself that way...
    im insulted that you call me a fascist! I am the opposite! Well, not entirely
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    im insulted that you call me a fascist! I am the opposite! Well, not entirely
    Fascism is from the left...

  3. #323
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Fascism is from the left...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. no. dont make me laugh you out of DP
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. no. dont make me laugh you out of DP
    Mussolini was not a capitalist

  5. #325
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Mussolini was not a capitalist
    He was a corporatist. An advocate of both capitalist economics for the benefit of the state, and the military aggression he believed he and Hitler needed to propagate
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    He was a corporatist. An advocate of both capitalist economics for the benefit of the state, and the military aggression he believed he and Hitler needed to propagate
    He was the leader of many an issue of the progressive left - nationalized education, healthcare, youth corp, elderly care. I agree with you, he was corporatist, but that is a symptom of the left. Look at the left today.

  7. #327
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    He was the leader of many an issue of the progressive left - nationalized education, healthcare, youth corp, elderly care. I agree with you, he was corporatist, but that is a symptom of the left. Look at the left today.
    While one can argue that both fascism and communist at empirical levels offer the same thing, but there are a few, absolutely ideologically polarizing factors.

    Communists are godless(denounce religion as a mean to political structure and are more or less atheists), internationalists( one world government?), communitarians(identity is irrelevant-- UNION of soviet socialist republics)

    Fascists are usually religious( catholic fascism in Italy, Christianity in general under Hitler), nationalists(without question; pride in state), and individuals( hey, fascism is great if you are part of the identity group that is being promoted--the aryans)

    Two radically different approaches to the same more or less dystopian end


    Hope that clears up the misunderstanding!
    Last edited by Z3n; 01-12-10 at 08:58 AM.
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    Corporatism is historically more synonymous with reactionary conservatism. While one can argue that both fascism and communist at empirical levels offer the same thing, but there are a few, absolutely ideologically polarizing factors.

    Communists are godless(denounce religion as a mean to political structure and are more or less atheists), internationalists( one world government?), communitarians(identity is irrelevant-- UNION of soviet socialist republics)

    Fascists are usually religious( catholic fascism in Italy, Christianity in general under Hitler), nationalists(without question; pride in state), and individuals( hey, fascism is great if you are part of the identity group that is being promoted--the aryans)

    Hope that clears up the misunderstanding!
    What's this reactionary conservatism that you say Corporatism is synonymous with? Fascism has nothing to do with it. The fact is that where you say socialism and fascism offer the same things at an empirical level, that is the case for 95% of their agendas. That last 5% of fascism does not make it a creature of the right. Religious nationalism versus godless internationalists is merely a scoping issue. Fascists adhere to the nation-state, whereas socialists/communists look past those political boundaries.

    Fascism is a creature of the left.

    Now, did that clear it up for you?

  9. #329
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    What's this reactionary conservatism that you say Corporatism is synonymous with? Fascism has nothing to do with it. The fact is that where you say socialism and fascism offer the same things at an empirical level, that is the case for 95% of their agendas. That last 5% of fascism does not make it a creature of the right. Religious nationalism versus godless internationalists is merely a scoping issue. Fascists adhere to the nation-state, whereas socialists/communists look past those political boundaries.

    Fascism is a creature of the left.

    Now, did that clear it up for you?
    Honestly, try to explain to a poli sci major, who has been explained by leading intellectuals, your own beliefs.

    fascism is right and communism are left....zz

    COMMUNIST THEORY: ANTI-FASCIST. COMMUNAL. COLLECTIVIZED. ECONOMICS FOR THE WORKING CLASS/PROLETARIAN. STATELESS. CLASSLESS. INTERNATIONALIST. NO RELIGION. INCLUSIVITY

    FASCIST THEORY: INDIVIDUAL. PRIVITIZED. ECONOMICS FOR THE IDENTITY GROUP AND THE MILITARY/ECONOMIC ENDEAVORS OF THE STATE, ONLY. STATE EXISTS FOR THE PEOPLE. CLASS EXISTS IN THE EXTREME--THERE ARE THE IDENTITY GROUP THAT MAKE THE NATION STRONG, AND THERE ARE "OTHERS". RELIGION IS A FOCAL POINT ON MORALITY AND CONDUCT. EXCLUSIVITY IN ITS FINEST.
    Last edited by Z3n; 01-12-10 at 09:10 AM.
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    Honestly, try to explain to a poli sci major, who has been explained by leading intellectuals your own beliefs. fascism is right and communism are left....zz

    COMMUNIST THEORY: ANTI-FASCIST. COMMUNAL. COLLECTIVIZED. ECONOMICS FOR THE WORKING CLASS/PROLETARIAN. STATELESS. CLASSLESS. INTERNATIONALIST. NO RELIGION. INCLUSIVITY

    FASCIST THEORY: INDIVIDUAL. PRIVITIZED. ECONOMICS FOR THE IDENTITY GROUP AND THE MILITARY/ECONOMIC ENDEAVORS OF THE STATE, ONLY. STATE EXISTS FOR THE PEOPLE. CLASS EXISTS IN THE EXTREME--THERE ARE THE IDENTITY GROUP THAT MAKE THE NATION STRONG, AND THERE ARE "OTHERS". RELIGION IS A FOCAL POINT ON MORALITY AND CONDUCT. EXCLUSIVITY IN ITS FINEST.
    First, DON'T ****ING YELL AT ME AGAIN, BITCH!

    Second, Fascism is collectivized. The left is not just communism or socialism or progressivism or fascism. In both communism and fascism the perfect individual is exalted.

    Third, screw you, I am going skiing. Be back tonight.

Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •