And the top 5% also pay 60.63% of federal income tax, so once again, they're paying an amount disproportionate to their share. Did you even read my post?"The top 5 percent own more than half of all wealth.
In 1998, they owned 59 percent of all wealth. Or to put it another way, the top 5 percent had more wealth than the remaining 95 percent of the population, collectively.
And again, the top 20% pays more than 80% of all federal income taxes. Also, why don't you go back and reread what you just wrote. How exactly has the disparity grown under Bush if it went from 83% in 1998 to just over 80% in 2003?The top 20 percent owns over 80 percent of all wealth. In 1998, it owned 83 percent of all wealth."
Wealth and Income Inequality in the USA
This disparity has only grown since due to the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy.