View Poll Results: Are Americans Brainwashed?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    40 50.63%
  • No

    25 31.65%
  • Other

    14 17.72%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Are Americans Brainwashed?

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    I am not denying that there are some conservative puppets who know nothing at all, but they are exception to the rule. Liberals being mindless indoctrinated puppets is the rule.
    And you continue to demonstrate what I said in my first post. Please keep going... you are sinking yourself deeper and deeper. You post like a caricature of the conservative partisan hack.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    But to answer your question, liberals are brainwashed because they all stick to their silly repetitive talking points that they've downloaded from the Daily Kos and heard on Rachel Madcow and on Keith Olberwomann. Conservatives, on the other hand, are crazy individualists. We have varying views on candidates, foreign and domestic policy, and a ton of other things. Liberals don't have nuance in their views; they simply parrot the simplistic, treasonous party line on every issue.
    Conservatives like you have no individuality whatsoever. They aren't even real conservatives. All they are are anti-liberals... they have no position on anything, all they do is say that they are against liberals. The worst kind of brainwashing and overgeneralization. No original thought at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #73
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And you continue to demonstrate what I said in my first post. Please keep going... you are sinking yourself deeper and deeper. You post like a caricature of the conservative partisan hack.
    And you post like the kind of pseudo-intellectual bully and hack, who cannot formulate a coherent point on topic that is worth reading, but thinks he has infinite power to insult people and engage in psychological analyses of people because his screen name is bolded. And that, my friend, is laughable.

    Again, it is hilarious to see the cavalier attitude and outright condescension coming from someone who thinks that being in the middle makes them an intellectual and mentally superior to people on the left or right. It just proves my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Go here and watch from the one-minute mark to the two-minute mark, then get back to us.

    Yeah, because putting together a montage of different people repeating the fundamental point that Republicans, and the American people mind you, have been stressing about this entire bill equates to "unthinkingly spewing the party line." The way MSNBC did that you'd think that that's all Republicans said for their time there.

    Even CNN had to admit that the Republicans crushed the Democrats intellectually.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y70VVj6tuU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Gergen On CNN: Dems Didn't Get "Breakthrough" They Wanted; GOP "Had Their Best Day In Years"[/ame]

    Either you didn't watch the summit, or you just don't mind being intellectually dishonest.

    Nice try, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Conservatives like you have no individuality whatsoever. They aren't even real conservatives. All they are are anti-liberals... they have no position on anything, all they do is say that they are against liberals. The worst kind of brainwashing and overgeneralization. No original thought at all.
    Thank you, Dr. Phil. Do you have anything of substance to offer? Oh, sorry, I forgot you're an independent who can't formulate any original or insightful political thought, but can spew pathetic and sophomoric psycho-analyses.
    Last edited by K-1; 02-27-10 at 05:56 AM.

  4. #74
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    And you post like the kind of pseudo-intellectual bully and hack, who cannot formulate a coherent point on topic that is worth reading, but thinks he has infinite power to insult people and engage in psychological analyses of people because his screen name is bolded.
    That's a pretty bold statement. Pun intended.


  5. #75
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    And you post like the kind of pseudo-intellectual bully and hack, who cannot formulate a coherent point on topic that is worth reading, but thinks he has infinite power to insult people and engage in psychological analyses of people because his screen name is bolded. And that, my friend, is laughable.
    So being partisan and playing favorites is the solution? No.

    Let's just face it, everyone on Earth is brainwashed.

    /thread


  6. #76
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Evidently, Glinda has no counterargument after I crushed her very silly and tendentious video from BS-NBC, so all she can do is thank a nonsensical and irrelevant post from a pseudo-intellectual hack.

    Liberals are so funny.

  7. #77
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Evidently, Glinda has no counterargument after I crushed her very silly and tendentious video from BS-NBC, so all she can do is thank a nonsensical and irrelevant post from a pseudo-intellectual hack.

    Liberals are so funny.
    Yeah I agree with you there, a video from NBC doesn't necessarily prove anything.


  8. #78
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    This is not a question that can be answered in such a binary fashion.

    I feel that Americans are far too inclined in following the societal lead without asking any questions. Americans are very disinclined towards asking serious questions about the world around them and dont show much drive to be serious when it comes to a lot of things that we like to pretend we're serious about.

    In fairness, that's a feature of humanity in general but I feel that it's more pronounced in Americans.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    And you post like the kind of pseudo-intellectual bully and hack, who cannot formulate a coherent point on topic that is worth reading, but thinks he has infinite power to insult people and engage in psychological analyses of people because his screen name is bolded. And that, my friend, is laughable.
    More proof that you have no clue and that I am correct. Keep going. It is amusing watching you try to work.

    Again, it is hilarious to see the cavalier attitude and outright condescension coming from someone who thinks that being in the middle makes them an intellectual and mentally superior to people on the left or right. It just proves my point.
    Firstly, you continue to demonstrate your hackery. Please post where I said any of the above. Secondly, I am always condescending to partisan hacks. They give the impression that they have no ability to think in any kind of original way. Sometimes it forces them to do so. More often it just pushes them to demonstrate what I accuse them of.

    Thank you, Dr. Phil. Do you have anything of substance to offer? Oh, sorry, I forgot you're an independent who can't formulate any original or insightful political thought, but can spew pathetic and sophomoric psycho-analyses.
    Each and every one of you posts proves what I say. Please offer us anything that isn't SOP for an anti-liberal. I doubt you can.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 02-27-10 at 10:04 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #80
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,552
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    This is not a question that can be answered in such a binary fashion.

    I feel that Americans are far too inclined in following the societal lead without asking any questions. Americans are very disinclined towards asking serious questions about the world around them and dont show much drive to be serious when it comes to a lot of things that we like to pretend we're serious about.

    In fairness, that's a feature of humanity in general but I feel that it's more pronounced in Americans.
    That has been true for a long time. It isn't so much being brainwashed, but being brain dead.

    When things are good, people tend to become apathetic or disinterested in much beyond their own happy little worlds. But when things go bad, and people do start paying attention, there is much scurrying to protect turf and defend sacred cows. Just look how the Tea Partiers and Tax Protest groups have been demonized, misrepresented, downplayed, or just plain insulted by the leftwing media, Democrats, the Obama administration, and left wingers on the blogs. The hope seems to be that the non-apathetic will become apathetic again or just go away.

    The American people had it very good for most of the Clinton administration and most of the Bush administration. They did become quite complacent. Then when the bubble burst and the economy crashed, that prompted everybody to start paying more attention.

    If this recession results in booting most of the self-serving, egotistical, self-perpetuating deadwood in Congress and replacing them with patriots who honestly do have the best interest of the country at heart, it will have been worth it.

    And maybe we will even decide to pay attention for awhile. That would be the best thing that ever happened to any generation.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •