View Poll Results: Are Americans Brainwashed?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    40 50.63%
  • No

    25 31.65%
  • Other

    14 17.72%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Are Americans Brainwashed?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,889

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Everyone's brainwashed. That's what ideology is.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #32
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,538
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Everyone's brainwashed. That's what ideology is.
    I disagree. I think some people arrive at an ideology by looking at all points of view and choosing the one that makes the most sense. Such ideology is a product of education, logic, reason, and experience.

    Ideology that cannot be articulated, explained, or defended by any criteria other than emotion, vague platitudes, and/or hatefulness directed at others is almost always a result of brainwashing however.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #33
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,889

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    I disagree. I think some people arrive at an ideology by looking at all points of view and choosing the one that makes the most sense. Such ideology is a product of education, logic, reason, and experience.
    That's not what ideology is. Ideology isn't something that's rationally chosen, it's something that's naturally developed as a result of the environment in which one lives and develops. And as for what is rational, you and I would disagree on what that means because of our different personal experiences that have formed our respective world views.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  4. #34
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,538
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    That's not what ideology is. Ideology isn't something that's rationally chosen, it's something that's naturally developed as a result of the environment in which one lives and develops. And as for what is rational, you and I would disagree on what that means because of our different personal experiences that have formed our respective world views.
    Again I disagree. I have a personal ideology developed from education, environment, experience, logic, and reason, and I am loosely part of a larger group who has arrived at similar conclusions/ideology through much of the same means.

    The ideology you describe fits into No. 3 on the list of definitions and does define the brainwashed of whom you speak, but it certainly is not the case with all ideology.

    Ideology
    n
    1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a body of ideas that reflects the beliefs and interests of a nation, political system, etc. and underlies political action

    2. (Philosophy) Philosophy Sociol the set of beliefs by which a group or society orders reality so as to render it intelligible

    3. speculation that is imaginary or visionary

    4. (Philosophy) the study of the nature and origin of ideas
    ideology - definition of ideology by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #35
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    Please watch this amazing video about Americans being brainwashed.
    YouTube- Zombies are real
    No, we are not brainwashed. We are just morons. There is a difference.
    Last edited by scourge99; 01-07-10 at 03:20 AM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  6. #36
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Everyone's brainwashed. That's what ideology is.
    I brainwashed myself to be brainwashed by myself to be brainwashed by myself to be......
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  7. #37
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Come one. No need to see a ****ty video to answer a resounding YES to your question. Americans are blocked from seeing the reality. And another reality is made just for them.

    NAZI Germany did the same.
    Not the NaZis!!. Ohhh NOOees!!!!!111
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  8. #38
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,570

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    That's not what ideology is. Ideology isn't something that's rationally chosen, it's something that's naturally developed as a result of the environment in which one lives and develops. And as for what is rational, you and I would disagree on what that means because of our different personal experiences that have formed our respective world views.
    Owlie took care of the "ideology" point. As for "rational," that's simply "done with reason." What you may disagree on is the goal toward which you apply rationality. Two conflicting ideas can both be perfectly rational, but simply geared toward different ends.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #39
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Liberal Americans are certainly brainwashed.
    .....and you proved this by posting a clearly partisan comment from the right.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #40
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .....and you proved this by posting a clearly partisan comment from the right.
    It's not partisan. It is factual. Liberals are overwhelmingly brainwashed. And the sad thing is that all it takes is for a teleprompter-reading hack like Obama to assiduously say the words "hope" and "change" in order to do it.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •