View Poll Results: Are Americans Brainwashed?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    40 50.63%
  • No

    25 31.65%
  • Other

    14 17.72%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 130

Thread: Are Americans Brainwashed?

  1. #91
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    More proof that you have no clue and that I am correct. Keep going. It is amusing watching you try to work.



    Firstly, you continue to demonstrate your hackery. Please post where I said any of the above. Secondly, I am always condescending to partisan hacks. They give the impression that they have no ability to think in any kind of original way. Sometimes it forces them to do so. More often it just pushes them to demonstrate what I accuse them of.



    Each and every one of you posts proves what I say. Please offer us anything that isn't SOP for an anti-liberal. I doubt you can.
    Dear Mr. Intellectual Lightweight,

    Since you cannot perceive the end of a conversation without it being properly outlined. Here is your outline: I am done with you.

    Now you can go and enjoy the benefits of your moderator powers elsewhere and continue your pseudo-intellectualism with someone who has the energy to entertain people like you.

    There is nothing more humorous than a dolt who thinks he is Cicero.

    With love,

    K-1.


    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    How about you try supporting an argument for once? Is that too much to ask of you? Or maybe you could tone down the partisan hackery.
    Let me guess, you're a liberal.

    Only liberals, and dimwitted "moderates," would angrily attack people who give their opinion about who is politically brainwashed in America in a thread that specifically asks for...wait for it...an opinion on who is politically brainwashed in America.
    Last edited by K-1; 02-28-10 at 05:25 AM.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Dear Mr. Intellectual Lightweight,

    Since you cannot perceive the end of a conversation without it being properly outlined. Here is your outline: I am done with you.

    Now you can go and enjoy the benefits of your moderator powers elsewhere and continue your pseudo-intellectualism with someone who has the energy to entertain people like you.

    There is nothing more humorous than a dolt who thinks he is Cicero.

    With love,

    K-1.




    Let me guess, you're a liberal.

    Only liberals, and dimwitted "moderates," would angrily attack people who give their opinion about who is politically brainwashed in America in a thread that specifically asks for...wait for it...an opinion on who is politically brainwashed in America.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Are Americans Brainwashed?Dear Mr. K-1. It is poor form and against forum rules to call other posters names, though it does seem to be your MO. Please change this behavior or this will continue to happen to you.

    with love,

    your friendly neighborhood mod.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #93
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I think your post primarily demonstrates that you don't know much about the Tea Parties or the people who are investing their time and energy to support them and participate in them.
    Prove me wrong. I want to do it, prove me ****ing wrong. Show me that there's some sort of stones behind this movement because all I EVER see is a punch of pissed off middle class people who wouldnt know oppression if someone shoved up their arses sideways and put a bloody cherry on it.

    Show me that this movement actually has a coherent message and an actual plan beyond converting oxygen to CO2 and creating noise pollution because that's all the teabagger movement seems capable of doing at this point.

    The teabaggers cant even pick a leader out, they're too busy arguing with each other about whose teabags are the MOST patriotic and waving signs around making themselves look stupid.


    You want me to take the movement seriously? Fine, I'll do that. Just as soon as you give me a bloody reason to do so.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  4. #94
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Evidently, Glinda has no counterargument after I crushed her very silly and tendentious video from BS-NBC, so all she can do is thank a nonsensical and irrelevant post from a pseudo-intellectual hack.

    Liberals are so funny.


    There is no need for a counterargument. You puked out a lot of absurd generalizations based on your extreme partisanship. I countered your absurdity with more absurdity.

    And you fell right into the trap.

    Partisan hacks are so funny.






    Hmmm. I see that you've been properly spanked and sent to your room. Well done, K-1!

  5. #95
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Let me guess, you're a liberal.
    Libertarian. I can see how you would get the two mixed up.

    Only liberals, and dimwitted "moderates," would angrily attack people who give their opinion about who is politically brainwashed in America in a thread that specifically asks for...wait for it...an opinion on who is politically brainwashed in America.
    I was asking you to support this statement:

    I am not denying that there are some conservative puppets who know nothing at all, but they are exception to the rule. Liberals being mindless indoctrinated puppets is the rule.
    That's not an opinion. That is you saying that the majority of Liberals are mindlessly indoctrinated. If you cannot support your argument, be a man and admit it.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #96
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Prove me wrong. I want to do it, prove me ****ing wrong. Show me that there's some sort of stones behind this movement because all I EVER see is a punch of pissed off middle class people who wouldnt know oppression if someone shoved up their arses sideways and put a bloody cherry on it.

    Show me that this movement actually has a coherent message and an actual plan beyond converting oxygen to CO2 and creating noise pollution because that's all the teabagger movement seems capable of doing at this point.

    The teabaggers cant even pick a leader out, they're too busy arguing with each other about whose teabags are the MOST patriotic and waving signs around making themselves look stupid.


    You want me to take the movement seriously? Fine, I'll do that. Just as soon as you give me a bloody reason to do so.
    The message is quite coherant and has been collectively uniform across the country. Mainstream America is sick to death of high taxes that are only producing bigger deficits and deeper debt; they are sick to death of politicians who line their own pockets and that of their cronies and otherwise cater to special interests who will keep them funded and in officer where they can continue to increase their power, prestige, and personal fortunes. They are sick to death of Congress overstepping its intended Constitutional authority and spending the people, their children, and their grand children into a debt they can never hope to pay off.

    They call themselves a Tea Party movement because the original Tea Party was a similar kind of grass roots effort without named leaders and outside of any recognized political party.

    The average American wants the government to secure their rights and then leave them mostly alone and free to govern themselves.

    I suppose to a person committed to big government and willing to sell his heart and soul and personal liberties in return for government provided largesses could have a very difficult time understanding that.

    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #97
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    This makes it sound as if K-1 is that old guy at the supermarket who calls someone a "liberal" when they do something wrong.

    Someone ran over my cat! Damn liberals!


  8. #98
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    The message is quite coherant and has been collectively uniform across the country. Mainstream America is sick to death of high taxes that are only producing bigger deficits and deeper debt
    What high taxes? We're not even in the top 30 for % of GDP made up by taxes

    List of countries by tax revenue as percentage of GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    We're barely in the middle for income tax
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...By_Country.svg

    Where are all these crippling taxes?

    they are sick to death of politicians who line their own pockets and that of their cronies and otherwise cater to special interests who will keep them funded and in officer where they can continue to increase their power, prestige, and personal fortunes. They are sick to death of Congress overstepping its intended Constitutional authority and spending the people, their children, and their grand children into a debt they can never hope to pay off.
    Them and everyone else who votes, that's not exactly a radical position to take.

    I'm not going to pat someone on the back for expressing the same thing a million other people express.

    They call themselves a Tea Party movement because the original Tea Party was a similar kind of grass roots effort without named leaders and outside of any recognized political party.
    Except that the actual Boston Tea Party didnt really do much and the people who participated were motivated by something very specific and had a very specific goal.

    We idealize them because we idealize our own history.

    The average American wants the government to secure their rights and then leave them mostly alone and free to govern themselves.
    Really? Can you support this?

    I suppose to a person committed to big government and willing to sell his heart and soul and personal liberties in return for government provided largesses could have a very difficult time understanding that.
    Oh ho so very clever, I'm a Socialist so I believe in big government PLUS the picture of the little girl.

    First, "big government" has given you things that you take for granted and would SERIOUSLY miss if they were gone. Something people who rant against government forget frequently.

    Second, I criticize the teabaggers because they resort to childish methods to make their points. Strapping sandwichboard signs to children too young to understand what's going on is a prime example.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  9. #99
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Originally Posted by AlbqOwl
    The message is quite coherant and has been collectively uniform across the country. Mainstream America is sick to death of high taxes that are only producing bigger deficits and deeper debt
    Response by Hoplite
    What high taxes? We're not even in the top 30 for % of GDP made up by taxes
    Our country is unique to all other countries in that we are a republic with a central government but also made up of fifty separate sovereign states which in turn are divided into counties or parishes, each with its own government, and each containing villages, towns, and cities that have their own governments.

    I am just finishing up our 2009 taxes. We are by no means wealthy or even really 'well off' people, but the combined taxes paid to Federal, State, County, and local governments in 2009 totaled just under 50% of our gross income before ANY deductions or expenses. And that doesn't even count the taxes built into the costs to us for products and services that we paid for during the year.

    AlbqOwl:
    they are sick to death of politicians who line their own pockets and that of their cronies and otherwise cater to special interests who will keep them funded and in officer where they can continue to increase their power, prestige, and personal fortunes. They are sick to death of Congress overstepping its intended Constitutional authority and spending the people, their children, and their grand children into a debt they can never hope to pay off.
    Hoplite
    Them and everyone else who votes, that's not exactly a radical position to take.

    I'm not going to pat someone on the back for expressing the same thing a million other people express.
    But if you agree with them, then they must not be all that radical or out of the mainstream, yes?

    Albq Owl
    They call themselves a Tea Party movement because the original Tea Party was a similar kind of grass roots effort without named leaders and outside of any recognized political party.

    Except that the actual Boston Tea Party didnt really do much and the people who participated were motivated by something very specific and had a very specific goal.
    Hoplite
    We idealize them because we idealize our own history.
    I have no clue what you meant by this. I responded to your criticism of them calling themselves a Tea Party along with your rather snooty evaluation that they must not be much if they don't have identifiable leaders or a printed platform or something to that effect.


    AlbqOwl:
    The average American wants the government to secure their rights and then leave them mostly alone and free to govern themselves.
    Hoplite
    Really? Can you support this?
    Yep. Because I have been heavily involved with the Tea Party movement and have listened to what the people are saying which you apparently have not.

    And there is this which I think should be required reading in every highschool and university in America:
    In Search of Self-Governance - Rasmussen Reports

    AlbqOwl
    I suppose to a person committed to big government and willing to sell his heart and soul and personal liberties in return for government provided largesses could have a very difficult time understanding that.
    Hoplite:
    Oh ho so very clever, I'm a Socialist so I believe in big government PLUS the picture of the little girl.

    First, "big government" has given you things that you take for granted and would SERIOUSLY miss if they were gone. Something people who rant against government forget frequently.

    Second, I criticize the teabaggers because they resort to childish methods to make their points. Strapping sandwichboard signs to children too young to understand what's going on is a prime example.
    If you are a Socialist you by definition believe in big government and consent to intrusiveness that anti-Socialists would not consent.

    In my opinion, you criticize the Tea Partiers and use perjorative terms to describe them because you are a) ignorant about what they are all about and/or b) you are opposed to everything they stand for. If you had a clue about the people involved in those gatherings, you would not be describing them as childish.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  10. #100
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Are Americans Brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    This makes it sound as if K-1 is that old guy at the supermarket who calls someone a "liberal" when they do something wrong.

    Someone ran over my cat! Damn liberals!
    Heh. He sent me a lovely PM overflowing with spittle-flecked invective.

    I'm pretty sure the guy's crushing on me.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •