View Poll Results: Is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    102 93.58%
  • No

    7 6.42%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124

Thread: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

  1. #1
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    I hate it when people require me to take off my shoes to enter their houses.

    It's bull**** for several reasons:

    1)What makes you so confident that your floor is that clean?
    2)This is the West, not the East.
    3)I wear boots all the time and it takes me 20 minutes to take them off. The reason the Japanese started that stupid tradition is because they wore sandals back in they day, not laced shoes or boots.
    4)Peoples feet smell.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  2. #2
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    Their house. You're a guest. Get over it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house?
    Yes, absolutely.

  4. #4
    User Martin_Kaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Last Seen
    02-02-10 @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    113

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    I voted yes.

    Personally, I do not require people to take off their shoes when entering my home, but if they track mud on my carpet they will either clean it or pay me to have it cleaned before they leave. I don't have to worry about that though. All of my other excessively anal and tyrannically fascist rules of home entryship all but guarantee the exclusion of any muddy shoed riff raff.

  5. #5
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    Absolutely. Even though I am not a big fan of having that particular rule(I prefer guest comfort) some people want their homes to not have tracked in dirt, some people can't stand the clop of soles hitting the floor, and some cultures insist on shoes being off while in a domicile. So there are plenty of respectable reasons for that rule, and, whoever owns the place sets the rules.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #6
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    Since my name is on the deed, I dictate what is and isn't acceptable in my home. Wearing your dirty-ass shoes in it and tracking in whatever it was you stepped in all over my hard-wood floors is one of those things that isn't acceptable.

    And if your feet stink, buy foot powder. Problem solved.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I hate it when people require me to take off my shoes to enter their houses.

    It's bull**** for several reasons:

    1)What makes you so confident that your floor is that clean?
    2)This is the West, not the East. No, this the world, get used to it.
    3)I wear boots all the time and it takes me 20 minutes to take them off. 20 minutes - and you accept this?The reason the Japanese started that stupid tradition is because they wore sandals back in they day, not laced shoes or boots.
    4)Peoples feet smell.Yours may, mine do, as does Tim Allen's....Should we accept this as law??
    We have a ton of work ahead of us to catch up to the East.
    My floor is not clean.
    The typical Japanese floor probably is.
    If we would learn to wash our feet and address the problem, then our feet would not smell.
    BTW, I do not hold with "tradition", but with the best(IMO) ways of doing things.
    Tolerance is my friend.

  8. #8
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I hate it when people require me to take off my shoes to enter their houses.

    It's bull**** for several reasons:

    1)What makes you so confident that your floor is that clean?
    2)This is the West, not the East.
    3)I wear boots all the time and it takes me 20 minutes to take them off. The reason the Japanese started that stupid tradition is because they wore sandals back in they day, not laced shoes or boots.
    4)Peoples feet smell.
    it's my house. so, yes.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #9
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I hate it when people require me to take off my shoes to enter their houses.

    It's bull**** for several reasons:

    1)What makes you so confident that your floor is that clean?
    2)This is the West, not the East.
    3)I wear boots all the time and it takes me 20 minutes to take them off. The reason the Japanese started that stupid tradition is because they wore sandals back in they day, not laced shoes or boots.
    4)Peoples feet smell.
    Are you telling me that when you are at a dinner party and either the other guests have already taken their shoes off, or the host actually asks you to, then you say "no."

    In many houses, people are confident their floors are clean simply because they don't wear shoes inside. But bottom line, as someone said above, you are the guest, not the host.

    Also, read my signature.


  10. #10
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,072

    Re: is it acceptable to require people to take off their shoes to enter your house

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I hate it when people require me to take off my shoes to enter their houses.
    poor baby.




    1)What makes you so confident that your floor is that clean?
    How do you know the effort they put into having their floors cleaned?

    2)This is the West, not the East.
    Irrelevant. Those people are not trying to be a weeaboo. It is probably because they do not want your boots stomping all over their house and getting dirt everywhere.

    3)I wear boots all the time and it takes me 20 minutes to take them off.
    I think you need to learn how to take your boots on and off faster or by a better pair of boots that fit you a lot better.

    The reason the Japanese started that stupid tradition is because they wore sandals back in they day, not laced shoes or boots.
    As far as I know they wear laced shoes and boots and they still take their shoes off before going into the rest of the house.At least that is what their movies and cartoons depict.

    4)Peoples feet smell.
    Use foot powder.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 01-04-10 at 04:23 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •