View Poll Results: Is America's Left Tolerant and Compassionate?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 47.50%
  • No

    42 52.50%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 189

Thread: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    When I think the president does something right or even may have some merit I will say so. For instance, and has been rare with this adm. for the purposes of saving money, after the defense dept. cleared the presidential helicopter for future service it was accepted over a newer model, I don't know whether the reasons were practical or political, but either way it was a good call. There have been a few things where I say Obama almost got one right.....at least he's on the right track, but.....I call 'em as I see 'em.
    You're not an elected political official, LMR. My comment to Zinc was a response to his comment that liberal politicians stand by Obama unquestionably. My retort is that conservative politicians stand against Obama, unquestionably in the same way. And just as you might disagree with everything Obama has done, someone else might AGREE with everything Obama has done. Who's right? It's a matter of opinion. But regardless, I would trust some of the more "sane" members of this forum to be a bit diserning about their agreements and disagreements and to have some of each. From my experience, most politicians are hacks, or are two afraid to buck their party's line for fear of not being supported. We have hacks here. You're not one of them.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #22
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    One of the reasons I left the GOP - because I didn't want some of the fringe speaking for me. After Reagan, they skidded downhill rapidly and I continued to hang on. Finally I just let go of the bus that was dragging me along and I've felt better ever since. Now I read some of the stuff I read from *some* of my former party members and I cringe.... the GOP will never recover unless something changes from within.

    Honestly... I was also not a fan of Ted Kennedy OR Rush Limbaugh but I don't wish harm on anyone... I hope I never get to the point where I hope that someone dies or falls seriously ill because of their politics.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    One of the reasons I left the GOP - because I didn't want some of the fringe speaking for me. After Reagan, they skidded downhill rapidly and I continued to hang on. Finally I just let go of the bus that was dragging me along and I've felt better ever since. Now I read some of the stuff I read from *some* of my former party members and I cringe.... the GOP will never recover unless something changes from within.

    Honestly... I was also not a fan of Ted Kennedy OR Rush Limbaugh but I don't wish harm on anyone... I hope I never get to the point where I hope that someone dies or falls seriously ill because of their politics.
    The truth is that people of all political persuasions have been like that for some time, it's just only now that those people are speaking up thanks to the anonymity of the internet. Nothing changed except for what's available to read.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    So.Calif.
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    ***** Democrats/Liberals/Progressives do stand with Obama just about 100% /Across the Board /Unquestionably. If they didn't this Health Care Turkey would still be in Committee - however they KNOW that to him this is EVERYTHING. Therefore they know better and someone like Ben Nelson (D-Neb) cover themselves by at least "Bringing home the Bacon"


    ***** Conservatives being opposed to Obama is an example of at least some standing on principle. It's in short supply within the Beltway and I more than suspect that the catalyst in this was/is the MSM dropping all pretense in 2008 and assisting this guy become POTUS when there was still more unknown about him than known. Absulotely unprecedented in the past century. Brian Williams of NBC was in essence an emcee for two huge mega gatherings - in Berlin & late in the campaign in Sarasota,Florida. He got special access and he joined in the adorement of Barry the Great.

  5. #25
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You're not an elected political official, LMR. My comment to Zinc was a response to his comment that liberal politicians stand by Obama unquestionably. My retort is that conservative politicians stand against Obama, unquestionably in the same way. And just as you might disagree with everything Obama has done, someone else might AGREE with everything Obama has done. Who's right? It's a matter of opinion. But regardless, I would trust some of the more "sane" members of this forum to be a bit diserning about their agreements and disagreements and to have some of each. From my experience, most politicians are hacks, or are two afraid to buck their party's line for fear of not being supported. We have hacks here. You're not one of them.
    Gotcha, thought you were speaking to the general party members. My bad. And I fully agree that most politicians are hacks.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    So.Calif.
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    ***** Compare these two well mentioned assertions . First GWB is really stupid. Cheney really called the shots during those 8 years. Then a current one - the MSM is utterly deferential to Barack Obama and will if possible sit on or bury any really damaging news about his Administration.

    ***** Which has a higher probability of truth (?)


    **** Next Two - GWB was really inept on 9/11/01 - continuing to read the Goat Book after first hearing of the WTC having been struck by an aircraft.

    ****** Barack Obama & Jeremiah Wright were much closer over many years than the MSM ever fully expounded on and probably discussed International matters at length without a massive difference of opinion. Which of those two items probably has more Meat to it.


    ***** In 1970 Playboy Magazine ran an item on Political polarization. They had Tom Hayden & Abie Hoffman on one side and Spiro Agnew on the other side to show the degree of Hate in the land.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinc Route View Post
    ***** Democrats/Liberals/Progressives do stand with Obama just about 100% /Across the Board /Unquestionably. If they didn't this Health Care Turkey would still be in Committee - however they KNOW that to him this is EVERYTHING. Therefore they know better and someone like Ben Nelson (D-Neb) cover themselves by at least "Bringing home the Bacon"
    Or... Democrats/Liberals/Progressives do stand with Obama on principle because they believe in the issues that he stands for.


    ***** Conservatives being opposed to Obama is an example of at least some standing on principle. It's in short supply within the Beltway and I more than suspect that the catalyst in this was/is the MSM dropping all pretense in 2008 and assisting this guy become POTUS when there was still more unknown about him than known. Absulotely unprecedented in the past century. Brian Williams of NBC was in essence an emcee for two huge mega gatherings - in Berlin & late in the campaign in Sarasota,Florida. He got special access and he joined in the adorement of Barry the Great.
    And... Conservatives oppose Obama just about 100% /Across the Board /Unquestionably. They couldn't care less whether the health care bill is good or not, but they know it to him it is EVERYTHING. Therefore, they know better than to go against it.

    See how easy that was? Demonstrating unfailing partisan hackery is as easy as changing a few words. And the cool thing is, it makes perfect sense.

    I hope you've gotten something out of this exchange.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    So.Calif.
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    **** What I've gotten is that I notice by your Avatar that you are not ideologically identified. I also notice that you don't deny the point that there STILL is quite a bit really unknown about Obama. I'd like to see that Passport he used to travel in 1980/81 and who paid for these trips.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinc Route View Post
    **** What I've gotten is that I notice by your Avatar that you are not ideologically identified. I also notice that you don't deny the point that there STILL is quite a bit really unknown about Obama. I'd like to see that Passport he used to travel in 1980/81 and who paid for these trips.
    And what I've gotten is that I notice that you follow lock-step with the talking points of your "lean" no matter how silly. Good information to have.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #30
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Well, well, well... The Intolerant, Vile Left slithers into the New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It took less than 24-hours to have the Rush Limbaugh hospitalized thread shut down.
    Not only moved to the basement, but shut down.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...-hospital.html

    Why?

    The left projectile vomited its death wishes all over the thread (and internet), revealing how vile, callous and intolerant this group really is.

    Protect the terrorists, but death to our most vocal political opponents.

    Interesting Party you've got.

    We saw the depths Libs would go at the Wellstone funeral... may this put an end to any thought the left is compassionate and tolerant.

    .


    when Reagan died, several places had boards about his legacy. Most of those were quickly filled by leftwing gays screaming that Reagan was going to burn in hell for not blowing the entire national budget on AIDS research

    A prominent black female leftwing nut case proclaimed that she hoped Justice Thomas's wife feed him stuff that would cause him to get a heart attack

    When Charlston Heston died-a truly great man who was risking his career for civil rights long before supporting civil rights was a popular cause, anti gun barking loons made fun of his alzheimers.

    When Oral Roberts, and Jerry Falwell died, numerous sites, including DU and the DK were crowing proudly

    When you claim to be for "the greater good" it is easy to crap all over individuals who don't support your program



Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •