View Poll Results: We have more evidence for life at conception than for man made global warming.

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    10 52.63%
  • False

    9 47.37%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 112

Thread: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

  1. #61
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post


    You actually call this kind of banter "discussing?"

    Where is the civility?

    I don't see it.

    The only thing even remotely uncivil I said was when I called your bait thread a bait thread...and that's pretty tame. If you aren't interested in actually discussing the topic, why did you create the thread? This is a debate website.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 12-31-09 at 01:56 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #62
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Nope.

    Nor do I know (with absolute certainty) the answers to any of the other polls in this forum.

    Reference; Polls

    But, it came to me fairly easily that these are "opinion" polls.

    Are you suggesting now,... that they are not?
    When placed in that context, my answer is false, since I've read more articles that backed up man-made global warming than I have about the ambiguous phrase "life at conception".

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post

    The only thing even remotely uncivil I said was when I called your bait thread a bait thread...and that's pretty tame. If you aren't interested in actually discussing the topic, why did you create the thread? This is a debate website.
    You leave no doubt that you are less interested in a discussion than you are in ridicule, disruption and chaos.

    If I think there is abuse,...

    I'll report and if the mods agree,.. the posts will disappear.
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 12-31-09 at 02:07 AM.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    When placed in that context, my answer is false, since I've read more articles that backed up man-made global warming than I have about the ambiguous phrase "life at conception".
    Well, there you have it,... vote when you are confident enough in your "opinions" to do so.

  5. #65
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    You leave no doubt that you are less interested in a discussion than you are in ridicule, disruption and chaos.

    If I think there is abuse,...

    I'll report and if the mods agree,.. the posts will disappear.
    So far you've done nothing but whine. You haven't even discussed your own topic. That makes you a troll, nothing more.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    The question is. When is this organism considered Human and not just the possibility of becoming Human?
    There's only human dna involved, so it's always human.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    I don't need the reference since I already know it has multiple meanings. I'm trying to pin him down of how he defines it and have been doing so for two threads now.

    His precise definition is required in order to respond appropriately to him.
    Individuals do not get to subjectively define things. Words already have established definitions, so if you're seeking out a subjective definition, your argument is folly from the start because neither one of you are basing what you say on objective fact. You are each going to assert only opinion.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Short and sweet.

    "There is more evidence to support the claim that a human individual's life begins at conception,... than there is to support claim that 'man' is causing global warming."

    True or False?
    '
    False. Life at conception is a spiritual argument and therefore cannot be "proven". From a biological perspective (which is the only one which matters in law), a fetus/embryo is not a human so it is fact that human life does not begin at conception.

    It is also fact that man-made global warming exists to a certain degree, as has been established by science. So the discussion is now moot (if it had any point to begin with other than a strawman).

  9. #69
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    There's only human dna involved, so it's always human.
    But, the million dollar question is: is it constitutionally protected human life?

    And the answer to that is: no, not until it's viable.

  10. #70
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Individuals do not get to subjectively define things. Words already have established definitions, so if you're seeking out a subjective definition, your argument is folly from the start because neither one of you are basing what you say on objective fact. You are each going to assert only opinion.
    And this one has three. So it's important to know which of the three meanings he's referring to when he says that life begins at conception.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •