View Poll Results: We have more evidence for life at conception than for man made global warming.

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    10 52.63%
  • False

    9 47.37%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 112

Thread: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

  1. #41
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Again, the poll is a question regarding the amount of evidence.

    If you are drawing conclusions,... you are reading too much into it.

    I make no bones about what my conclusions are,... and others are free to do the same.

    But the POLL question is ONLY about the amount of evidence to support,... and NOTHING more.
    If all you want is evidence, then you've come to the wrong place. None of us are statisticians or experts in either of the two fields. You should go to each of the scientific communities involved and ask for a listing of their evidence.

    You want an objective answer. Political message boards are all about topics with subjective answers.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    No. "Life" is a subjective term, and when it begins depends entirely on how you define it. If you think the evidence supports your view, that's only because of how you have chosen to define what constitutes a human being's life. Global warming is a scientific question; everyone pretty much agrees on what would constitute global warming, and either the evidence supports it or it does not.
    The life-cycle of the organism does in fact begin at conception.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Exclamation Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    If all you want is evidence, then you've come to the wrong place. None of us are statisticians or experts in either of the two fields. You should go to each of the scientific communities involved and ask for a listing of their evidence.

    You want an objective answer. Political message boards are all about topics with subjective answers.
    Subjectively,...

    If you believe or feel,... if it is in your opinion,... that there is more evidence to support the claim that a person's life begins at conception,... Vote "True."

    If you believe or feel,.... if it is your opinion,... that there is more evidence to support the claim that man is causing the planet to warm,... Vote "False."

    If you don't know,... ask questions, do some research, ignore it and move on,...

    Whatever you wish.

    But please don't trash the thread.

    I asked the question with sincere interest in the outcome.
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 12-31-09 at 01:10 AM.

  4. #44
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Look it up.
    It has several meanings; that's why I'm asking what your definition is.

    Per Webster:

    conception: the process of becoming pregnant involving fertilization or implantation or both

    So, how do you define it?
    • fertilization only -or-
    • implantation only -or-
    • fertilization and implantation

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    It has several meanings; that's why I'm asking what your definition is.

    Per Webster:

    conception: the process of becoming pregnant involving fertilization or implantation or both

    So, how do you define it?
    • fertilization only -or-
    • implantation only -or-
    • fertilization and implantation
    Rabbit,.. the poll question is about YOUR opinion,... not mine.

    For this thread / poll,... you decide.

    There are plenty of other threads in the abortion forum for us to debate the details.

  6. #46
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Subjectively,...

    If you believe or feel,... if it is in your opinion,... that there is more evidence to support the claim that a person's life begins at conception,... Vote "True."

    If you believe or feel,.... if it is your opinion,... that there is more evidence to support the claim that man is causing the planet to warm,... Vote "False."

    If you don't know,... ask questions, do some research, ignore it and move on,...

    Whatever you wish.

    But please don't trash the thread.

    I asked the question with sincere interest in the outcome.
    I don't know what the answer is because I don't know how much evidence exists for either topic.

  7. #47
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    I REPEAT



    Your reactions are completely un-expected.
    My reaction? You mean discussing the topic which YOU created?

    If you don't want people to actually discuss the topic and are only looking for a true/false vote, then don't come to a debate website. There are plenty of other websites where you can create an internet poll.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #48
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The life-cycle of the organism does in fact begin at conception.
    A organism is created by the merging of two other organisms at conception. That newly formed organism eventually drastically evolves until it is what we consider a human being.

    The question is. When is this organism considered Human and not just the possibility of becoming Human?
    Last edited by Gibberish; 12-31-09 at 01:19 AM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  9. #49
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Rabbit,.. the poll question is about YOUR opinion,... not mine.

    For this thread / poll,... you decide.

    There are plenty of other threads in the abortion forum for us to debate the details.
    You introduced the term conception in your poll question. Now define it, since it has multiple meanings.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Question Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    I don't know what the answer is because I don't know how much evidence exists for either topic.
    See?

    That's a great response.

    And seeing as you don't know,..

    Where do you go from there?

    Trash the thread and ruin it for everyone else?

    Start learning a little bit more about the evidence for each?

    Watch quietly and see what others have to say?

    What?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •