View Poll Results: We have more evidence for life at conception than for man made global warming.

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    10 52.63%
  • False

    9 47.37%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 112

Thread: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

  1. #31
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Trivia,...

    and,..

    Irrelevant to the question posed in the poll.
    No it's not. The poll is stupid because neither topic is even remotely related to each other.

    But let's say for the sake of argument that the answer is true. That neither proves nor disproves that life begins at conception. Likewise, it neither proves nor disproves that global warming is man-made. So what's the point of the poll?

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    MAN MADE


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And you would be whom from 4forums?
    Same


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This is your opinion.
    fact.

  3. #33
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Here's the deal,... In addition to the science,.... there is an element of faith or "belief" if you will to both subjects (when life begins and man made global warming).
    No. "Life" is a subjective term, and when it begins depends entirely on how you define it. If you think the evidence supports your view, that's only because of how you have chosen to define what constitutes a human being's life. Global warming is a scientific question; everyone pretty much agrees on what would constitute global warming, and either the evidence supports it or it does not.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #34
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Irrelevant to the question posed in the poll.
    ps: define conception

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Chuz Life, you appear unable to determine the difference between a "fact" and an "opinion."

    So here's a simple site to help you learn the difference:
    Quia - Comprehension: FACT OR OPINION? GAME #2
    30/30 here

  6. #36
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    MAN MADE
    Read the article.

    Same
    Huh. Don't remember you at all.

    fact.
    Um, no. Opinion.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Exclamation Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    No it's not. The poll is stupid because neither topic is even remotely related to each other.

    But let's say for the sake of argument that the answer is true. That neither proves nor disproves that life begins at conception. Likewise, it neither proves nor disproves that global warming is man-made. So what's the point of the poll?
    Again, the poll is a question regarding the amount of evidence.

    If you are drawing conclusions,... you are reading too much into it.

    I make no bones about what my conclusions are,... and others are free to do the same.

    But the POLL question is ONLY about the amount of evidence to support,... and NOTHING more.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    ps: define conception
    Look it up.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    ps: define conception
    conception - Definition from Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary

    Keep the link for future use, as you will be expected to find your oun definitions from now on

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    fyi Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    No. "Life" is a subjective term, and when it begins depends entirely on how you define it. If you think the evidence supports your view, that's only because of how you have chosen to define what constitutes a human being's life. Global warming is a scientific question; everyone pretty much agrees on what would constitute global warming, and either the evidence supports it or it does not.
    I REPEAT

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Again, the poll is a question regarding the amount of evidence.

    If you are drawing conclusions,... you are reading too much into it.

    I make no bones about what my conclusions are,... and others are free to do the same.

    But the POLL question is ONLY about the amount of evidence to support,... and NOTHING more.
    Your reactions are completely un-expected.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •