View Poll Results: We have more evidence for life at conception than for man made global warming.

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    10 52.63%
  • False

    9 47.37%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112

Thread: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Where did I ever even allude to that?
    You didn't. I'm asking where you stand on that. Some anti-abortion posters think that zygotes are constitutionally protected persons.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    From a sociological standpoint,....

    Isn't it amazing the this thread is consumed and emotionally charged over the "beginning of life" side of my poll question,.... posts that get down to the tiniest and most technical details,....

    But not a question one about the 'theories' of man made global warming.

    Fascinating stuff!
    Because non of us are experts in the field of climatology and since the discussion of "when life begins" is a subjective one anyone can state their opinion without much background education.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    mad Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    So are you suggesting that a fertilized egg, a zygote, has constitutional rights?
    As I posted earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    The question in my poll is one of "evidence" not interpretation.
    Are there,... or are there not "more" facts to support the claim that a human being's life begins at conception,... than there is to support the claim that man is causing the planet to warm?

    That is the question for this thread.

    I believe there are more facts to support the claim that a person's life begins at conception.

    If you disagree,... vote false.

    If you aren't sure?

    Don't participate.

    But please,... don't hijack (or attempt to derail) my thread just because you don't like the poll.[/QUOTE]

  4. #104
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    You didn't. I'm asking where you stand on that. Some anti-abortion posters think that zygotes are constitutionally protected persons.
    Until the child is born it is not a constitutionally protected person.

    Once the fetus is able of cognitive thought, consciousness, and can survive without a host I think it should be morally protected. From what I have read that is at about 22 weeks gestation.

    No matter my opinion on the matter though I am Pro-Choice and do not enforce my beliefs onto others. I won't recommend abortion to anyone, but I am not going to attack them for their personal choice either.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 12-31-09 at 03:09 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    There is no evidence that zygotes are people.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Until the child is born it is not a constitutionally protected person.

    Once the fetus is able of cognitive thought, consciousness, and can survive without a host I think it should be morally protected. From what I have read that is at about 22 weeks gestation.
    I agree with your description of life. The reality is that most abortions occur prior to 22 weeks. Late term abortions are medical emergencies.
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 12-31-09 at 03:10 PM.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    There is no evidence that zygotes are people.
    The Moderator has already warned about one line trolling.

    Stop trying to derail my thread.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    The Moderator has already warned about one line trolling.

    Stop trying to derail my thread.
    I'm not trying to derail your thread chuz. I have thoughts of varying lengths. Sometimes one sentence gets the point across.

    If the moderator has a problem with any of my posts I'm sure I'll hear from him or her. Stop picking fights.
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 12-31-09 at 03:13 PM.

  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    The Moderator has already warned about one line trolling.

    Stop trying to derail my thread.
    Regardless if he's trolling or not...He has a point.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #110
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Global Warming Vs. Abortion - True or False

    This is the definition of life :

    Biological life - definition of Biological life in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

    life (līf) the aggregate of vital phenomena; the quality or principle by which living things are distinguished from inorganic matter, as manifested by such phenomena as metabolism, growth, reproduction, adaptation, etc.
    In this regard, yes - there is more evidence to suggest that life begins reproduction then there is to suggest that man is responsible for global warming

    And your point is - what exactly? That people abort a life? Sure. And what? Life includes anything from the bacteria we wash off our bodies on a daily basis to the viruses we kill with vaccines. When a zygote, the aforementioned bacteria and viruses meet the definition of a person who we attribute rights through the constitution or any other binding legal document, you'll have some sort of point. Until then you're just crying up the emotional tree.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •