View Poll Results: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 49.06%
  • No

    54 50.94%
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 437

Thread: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

  1. #301
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I'd rather make law enforcement follow probable cause or at the very least reasonable suspicion rather than profiling.
    Wow....what a concept....you left-wing commie.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #302
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I'd rather make law enforcement follow probable cause or at the very least reasonable suspicion rather than profiling.
    What's this nonsense? Wanting probable cause. Next you'll be saying the authority needs warrants to spy on its citizens! Why could you imagine the repercussions! We'd be doomed, doomed I say...doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #303
    Advisor Warspite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    478

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What's this nonsense? Wanting probable cause. Next you'll be saying the authority needs warrants to spy on its citizens! Why could you imagine the repercussions! We'd be doomed, doomed I say...doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!
    It's almost as bad as giving people the right to not have to bear witness against themselves!

  4. #304
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    It's almost as bad as giving people the right to not have to bear witness against themselves!
    I can't believe that you guys are so willing to uphold the Constitution when we are facing potential threats from terrorists.
    The mere fact that we could possibly be threatened should be enough for us to give the terrorists our constitution and live the way that they want us to.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #305
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Navy...is very much an advocate of Big Government. It is not surprising that he started this thread and is advocating for the Government to take a larger role in our lives.
    Exactly right. He's ready to give up our rights and and make the government even bigger. What a phoney.

  6. #306
    Advisor Warspite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    478

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Exactly right. He's ready to give up our rights and and make the government even bigger. What a phoney.
    Hey! Not all big government supporters want to give up civil rights.

  7. #307
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    That is up to the SCOTUS to decide and to this point they have not.........
    I know I'm warped but whenever I see SCOTUS I think of scrotum. Anyone else?

  8. #308
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I know I'm warped but whenever I see SCOTUS I think of scrotum. Anyone else?
    Thank you.... I will now.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #309
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    It's almost as bad as giving people the right to not have to bear witness against themselves!
    That's what waterboarding is for!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #310
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I can't believe that you guys are so willing to uphold the Constitution when we are facing potential threats from terrorists.
    The mere fact that we could possibly be threatened should be enough for us to give the terrorists our constitution and live the way that they want us to.
    The terrorists are laughing at us.....People like DD and Dirty Harry are their best friends and they don't even know it.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •