View Poll Results: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 49.06%
  • No

    54 50.94%
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 437

Thread: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

  1. #271
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I voted for Bush 2 times, which was the lessor of the 2 evils (Gore and Kerry) so I had little choice...I thought Bush was a true Conservative but he turned out to be a social conservative and a fiscal moderate....even then Gore and Kerry are two of the biggest Liberals in the Senate...........In addition I voted for McCain who is a moderate over another huge liberal......Sometimes when you vote for someone its actually voting against his opponent............
    BTW.... Navy....you can CLAIM that you never really liked Bush and you only voted for him as the "lesser of two evils"...however your posts once again betray you.

    GWB was the man that you referred to as "A great and inspired world leader".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #272
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    When the constitution was drafted I don't think the founding fathers took into consideration the possibility of repeating rifles. You are starting to sound like some one against the right to bare arms. Good lord, I am more right wing than NP...
    hmmm I am a card carryng member of the NRA......I have a shot gun, a 22 rifle and a loaded police 38 on my night stand.......Hard for me to be against the second amendment my friend (I won't call you my left wing friend because unlike almost all of the lefties in DP who are ashamed of what they are to your credit you are honest enough to admit it and be proud of it.)
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #273
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    1. Huh?
    You said that you're scared of terrorists attacking, so I was noting that wherever you are in the Pacific NW, it's doubtful that it's much of a target. If we're going to pretend that this issue should be decided based on who's scared or not (not that I'm saying it should), I think the opinions of people in NY/DC/LA should be given preference.

    2. Although not the constitution I believe that might be the Patriot Act....
    The PATRIOT ACT is a law, not a constitutional amendment. You said that the Constitution has changed since 1776 so as to give the government power to do more extreme things. I'm asking you how the Constitution has changed.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #274
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    hmmm I am a card carryng member of the NRA......I have a shot gun, a 22 rifle and a loaded police 38 on my night stand.......Hard for me to be against the second amendment my friend (I won't call you my left wing friend because unlike almost all of the lefties in DP who are ashamed of what they are to your credit you are honest enough to admit it and be proud of it.)
    Kinda like those who are ashamed to admit that they are Republican...right Navy?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #275
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    hmmm I am a card carryng member of the NRA......I have a shot gun, a 22 rifle and a loaded police 38 on my night stand.......Hard for me to be against the second amendment my friend (I won't call you my left wing friend because unlike almost all of the lefties in DP who are ashamed of what they are to your credit you are honest enough to admit it and be proud of it.)
    But you said that if the founding fathers did not envision something, we should change the constitution. Since the founding fathers did not foresee the rifles and handguns of today, by your logic, we should change the second amendment.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #276
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    hmmm I am a card carryng member of the NRA......I have a shot gun, a 22 rifle and a loaded police 38 on my night stand.......Hard for me to be against the second amendment my friend (I won't call you my left wing friend because unlike almost all of the lefties in DP who are ashamed of what they are to your credit you are honest enough to admit it and be proud of it.)
    BTW...Navy...you missed her point...just like missed my "Cafeteria Strict Constructionist" point.

    You say that the Constitution is changing due to things that were outside the "framers" minds at the time of the creation of the Constitution. You want to apply it to one circumstance...and like Redress pointed out...you'll cry "strict constructionism" in another....thus....you are a "cafeteria strict constructionist"
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #277
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    But you said that if the founding fathers did not envision something, we should change the constitution. Since the founding fathers did not foresee the rifles and handguns of today, by your logic, we should change the second amendment.
    Navy is coming around to understanding that the Constitution is a living/breathing document.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #278
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You said that you're scared of terrorists attacking, so I was noting that wherever you are in the Pacific NW, it's doubtful that it's much of a target. If we're going to pretend that this issue should be decided based on who's scared or not (not that I'm saying it should), I think the opinions of people in NY/DC/LA should be given preference.



    The PATRIOT ACT is a law, not a constitutional amendment. You said that the Constitution has changed since 1776 so as to give the government power to do more extreme things. I'm asking you how the Constitution has changed.
    1. We have the Trident Submarines base at Subase Bangor (about 20 miles away) with trident missles stowed there.......We have the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (about 10 miles away).....W have McChord AFB and Fort Lewis army post (about 15 miles away)

    2. I am saying the PA alllows the government freedoms the constitution does not.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #279
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    No. Anyone who would think it is, is just a coward.

    Oh no! Lets take away more freedom because we are afraid of the bad old terrorist.

    These kind of people make me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it time to profile on airline flights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    It is an insult if you aren't one.
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its usually even though you try to disassociate yourself from it my left wing friend.........You can run but you can't hide.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •