View Poll Results: Should pilots be allowed to keep a pistol on the plane?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think this is a great idea.

    47 73.44%
  • No, I disagree to this idea.

    11 17.19%
  • Undecided. I think it should be open to more debate.

    6 9.38%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 130

Thread: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

  1. #51
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    If a Pilot is armed and behind his locked door, how can he get off a good shot at the bad guys?? should there be a remote chain gun maybe?
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  2. #52
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    If a Pilot is armed and behind his locked door, how can he get off a good shot at the bad guys?? should there be a remote chain gun maybe?
    Fact: On any civilian liner you have a pilot and co-pilot.
    Fact: A red herring does not an argument make.
    Fact: A reinforced door does nothing to protect passengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #53
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    If a Pilot is armed and behind his locked door, how can he get off a good shot at the bad guys??
    When the bad guys break down the door.

    should there be a remote chain gun maybe?
    This is a serious matter -- and as such, you should at least TRY to have a serious discussion.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    .
    Fact: A reinforced door does nothing to protect passengers.
    Fact: Passengers are expendable. Pilots are not. If the passengers manage to just let the terrorists kill them all whilst they sit in their seats waiting to die. Then that is their fault.

  5. #55
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin_was_a_nice_being View Post
    Fact: Passengers are expendable. Pilots are not.
    Considering the passengers are the people paying for everything and everyone working for the airlines, I think they feel a bit differently.

    Fact: The airlines will never say that, period. So yours is not in any way a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin_was_a_nice_being View Post
    If the passengers manage to just let the terrorists kill them all whilst they sit in their seats waiting to die. Then that is their fault.
    And just one armed pilot could put an end to that quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #56
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    No, pilots are responsible for flying the plane and keeping it stable. Having armed security on planes is what air marshals are for and I support having one on every plane in international airspace.
    If you believe it's economically feasible to have an AM on each flight, but I don't think it is.

  7. #57
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Even more baffling is that anyone think the pilots would open the door to the cockpit if there were an event.
    Hostage situation?

  8. #58
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    If you believe it's economically feasible to have an AM on each flight, but I don't think it is.
    I don't think the airline industry itself is economically feasible. Which is probably why my money goes to subsidize the major airlines.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #59
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    I think a Red Rider BB gun would be most appropriate. It wouldn't pierce the fuselage and you can put a terrorist eye out with one.

  10. #60
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Should airline pilots be allowed to have a loaded pistol on the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't think the airline industry itself is economically feasible. Which is probably why my money goes to subsidize the major airlines.
    True. Most of us wouldn't be able to afford the ticket prices if they were not subsidized.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •