View Poll Results: Has NASA outlived its usefulness

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 13.58%
  • No

    70 86.42%
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 262

Thread: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

  1. #21
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Completely irrelevant to the scientific knowledge gained from this mission.



    Yeahhhh....
    When NASA starts building lunar colonies you might have a point. But that isn't what they did. NASA is primarily a research organization, not the colonization arm of the US government.
    I have no problem with Mans need to explore. I explore my self. but I don't expect tax payers to fund my ventures. Any one who as ever flown across our fine Nation, can see we have no shortage of land mass. we just have everybody living in the same place,and that is why it seems crowded. It would be cheaper, and more efficient to colonize the Sahara, or Antarctica, than the Moon.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    I have no problem with Mans need to explore. I explore my self. but I don't expect tax payers to fund my ventures. Any one who as ever flown across our fine Nation, can see we have no shortage of land mass. we just have everybody living in the same place,and that is why it seems crowded. It would be cheaper, and more efficient to colonize the Sahara, or Antarctica, than the Moon.
    Yeah but the technological advancment of colonizing space is so much more and it encourages more than say people colonizing the Sahara which there are already people living in and we already know the methods of colonizing those type of lands. Colonizing space is so much more than just about settling in different areas because we "feel" crowded.

  3. #23
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin_was_a_nice_being View Post
    Yeah but the technological advancment of colonizing space is so much more and it encourages more than say people colonizing the Sahara which there are already people living in and we already know the methods of colonizing those type of lands. Colonizing space is so much more than just about settling in different areas because we "feel" crowded.
    If it is then such a good idea to explore space, why aren't major Corporations stepping up to get a slice of the Pie??---the gubment always takes on jobs, that are money pits. They run NASA, like tha post office. We don't need to spend billions in space--to make Velcro.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  4. #24
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    NASA is perhaps the best example of a government program actually working extremely well.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #25
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,880
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    I have no problem with Mans need to explore. I explore my self. but I don't expect tax payers to fund my ventures. Any one who as ever flown across our fine Nation, can see we have no shortage of land mass. we just have everybody living in the same place,and that is why it seems crowded. It would be cheaper, and more efficient to colonize the Sahara, or Antarctica, than the Moon.
    yeah, but it's so much cooler to go to the moon, and you lose weight

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    NASA is perhaps the best example of a government program actually working extremely well.
    Especially in comparison to other government programs...

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    If it is then such a good idea to explore space, why aren't major Corporations stepping up to get a slice of the Pie??---the gubment always takes on jobs, that are money pits. They run NASA, like tha post office. We don't need to spend billions in space--to make Velcro.
    NASA isn't run like the post office not remotely. And NASA is about RESEARCH. There are so many questions in the solar system that needs to be answered. Something the post office isn't worried about and most corporations cannot explore space because the budget required for it can only be afforded by the government. And just so you know Lockhead Martin, Boeing, EG&G are just some of the many corporations that are active in space research.

  8. #28
    Educator idk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    various spots across the country
    Last Seen
    09-18-15 @ 05:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    688

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    How valuable is NASA? They gave us Tempur-pedic mattresses. Case closed.

  9. #29
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin_was_a_nice_being View Post
    NASA isn't run like the post office not remotely. And NASA is about RESEARCH. There are so many questions in the solar system that needs to be answered. Something the post office isn't worried about and most corporations cannot explore space because the budget required for it can only be afforded by the government. And just so you know Lockhead Martin, Boeing, EG&G are just some of the many corporations that are active in space research.
    But since we are trillions if Debt, does it seem to you that we can afford it, if big corporations can't. I say put NASA in moth balls, till the Nation gets back on her feet. ---there are lots of other Programs being funded by Tax payer dollars, that should also be put on hold. ---We are not hard pressed for Moon rocks in today's market. we could however use cheaper fuel. Put money into that.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Has NASA Outlived it's Usefulness?

    Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    How valuable is NASA? They gave us Tempur-pedic mattresses. Case closed.
    If they have another idea as amazing as tempurpedic then they are most certainly the best government program out there.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •