View Poll Results: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

    10 26.32%
  • Yes, they will pass such a bill

    28 73.68%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

  1. #51
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you sure you know what a strawman argument is?
    Did I say anything about our own history of mistakes?

    Knowing what we know now would we have become involved in the Iranian revolution of 1953? At the time it seemed like a wonderful idea and the net result are the murderous gangsters of Iran today with nuclear weapons about to blow up the world.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

  2. #52
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
    Did I say anything about our own history of mistakes?

    Knowing what we know now would we have become involved in the Iranian revolution of 1953? At the time it seemed like a wonderful idea and the net result are the murderous gangsters of Iran today with nuclear weapons about to blow up the world.
    yes you did, and I quote:

    Instead they get a steady diet of how horrible America is.
    And you might read more about our involvement with Iran. We supported a real bad guy. Do you think this has anything to do with their distrust of us?

  3. #53
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes you did, and I quote:

    And you might read more about our involvement with Iran. We supported a real bad guy. Do you think this has anything to do with their distrust of us?
    I have. A very good friend is from Iran. But that has nothing to do with the insanity in Tehran right now. They want a nuclear war to bring the end times. This has little to nothing to do with 1953.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

  4. #54
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
    I have. A very good friend is from Iran. But that has nothing to do with the insanity in Tehran right now. They want a nuclear war to bring the end times. This has little to nothing to do with 1953.
    You switch topic very fast. However, the past has a lot to do with what we see today.

  5. #55
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You switch topic very fast. However, the past has a lot to do with what we see today.
    I have read the complete history of the Iranian period in question. My friend provided it to me to assist my understanding. Being that he knows Iran much better than most anyone I believe it was representative of the facts. I knew much of this but not to the extent that was covered in this book. He believed it gave the best account of the facts surrounding the 1953 revolution. It also provided a historical basis of Iran's tribulations and society. I am reasonably conversant with the facts. Iran's current rulers, however, are certifiably insane. That's also a fact.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

  6. #56
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
    I have read the complete history of the Iranian period in question. My friend provided it to me to assist my understanding. Being that he knows Iran much better than most anyone I believe it was representative of the facts. I knew much of this but not to the extent that was covered in this book. He believed it gave the best account of the facts surrounding the 1953 revolution. It also provided a historical basis of Iran's tribulations and society. I am reasonably conversant with the facts. Iran's current rulers, however, are certifiably insane. That's also a fact.
    No, that's an opinion. It is important to know the difference between fact and opinion.

    The rest of you post tells me next to nothing. I have no idea what actual fact or point you're trying to make.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    So.Calif.
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    **** Putting American interests aside - the current reality is (and has been for a good 25 years now) that IF one was neither too Political or Too Religous life in General was better under the Shah. Not Fair, Not Even & Get out of line and maybe you deal with Savak - but it was like Don't make waves and all is fine. Today you tow the line more, and the crackdowns are more severe across the board.

  8. #58
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that's an opinion. It is important to know the difference between fact and opinion.

    The rest of you post tells me next to nothing. I have no idea what actual fact or point you're trying to make.
    If you don't believe that blowing up the world to bring forth the "12 Iman" is insane then I don't know what else there is to say.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #59
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
    If you don't believe that blowing up the world to bring forth the "12 Iman" is insane then I don't know what else there is to say.
    You have to prove they are doing that. Your paranoia is not equal to fact.

  10. #60
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: The Senate & House will successfully pass a reconciled Healthcare bill

    No, if we really want to sort through all the bull****, we need to stop yelling "communism!" every five seconds or every time the president speaks.

    We should disregard things like that. Unless the government actually takes over everything (broad generalization) in this country people need to settle down and stop shouting.

    I think freedom in general has gotten to Americans' heads and now many take advantage of it in order to support their own claims of communism.


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •