View Poll Results: Do they?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 8.61%
  • No

    190 90.91%
  • Don't care

    1 0.48%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: Do animals deserve a right to life?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Do animals deserve a right to life?

    If your argument against abortion is biological (not spiritual), meaning that embryos/fetuses deserve a "right to life" because they are biologically alive (as is sperm), then why do animals not also deserve a right to life, as biologically they meet all the same criteria, if not moreso. Discuss.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    If your argument against abortion is biological (not spiritual), meaning that embryos/fetuses deserve a "right to life" because they are biologically alive (as is sperm), then why do animals not also deserve a right to life, as biologically they meet all the same criteria, if not moreso. Discuss.
    Everything on this planet attacks and kills life in one form or another
    in a perpetual cycle of earths organic matter.

    Yes animals may deserve life as everything does but it is illogical to get emotional about it.

  3. #3
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    They have a right to life as long as they can maintain that right through force. When something bigger and stronger comes along that denies them that right, then.... they lose it.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    If your argument against abortion is biological (not spiritual), meaning that embryos/fetuses deserve a "right to life" because they are biologically alive (as is sperm), then why do animals not also deserve a right to life, as biologically they meet all the same criteria, if not moreso. Discuss.
    Because I'm a human and they aren't.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Because I'm a human
    Proof please with missing link

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    Most animals are necessary for the ecosystem, Humans are more destructive in some cases. So. Abort humans, let the animals live. Well, only the ones that don't taste good.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    Proof please with missing link
    Cogito, ergo sum.


  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Because I'm a human and they aren't.
    So if some aliens came down in their space ship would it be ok to kill them just because they aren't human?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #9
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    I don't believe humans have a right to life. If we had rights, we wouldn't need laws.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Do animals deserve a right to life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    I don't believe humans have a right to life. If we had rights, we wouldn't need laws.
    There is no right to life, only an innate chance at life.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •